#1 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always wondered.

#2 Posted by Dernman (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he was old. He was made younger either while he was possessed by Parallax or after he came back from the dead.

#3 Edited by Saren (26026 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you referring to the grey streaks he had above his ears? According to Johns, it was because of Parallax's influence. Even before Coast City was destroyed by Mongul and Cyborg Superman, Parallax was worming his way into Hal's ring from the Central Power Battery, and the grey streaks were the first sign of that. When the Spectre tore Hal out of Parallax, the influence faded and when he was resurrected the grey streaks vanished and were replaced by his natural hair color.

#4 Posted by Dernman (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

I stand corrected.

#5 Posted by FiguredOut95 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Thankyou

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20427 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah CitizenBane pretty much explained it.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

At the time, he was one of the few characters to age in real time. He was legitimately getting older.

Johns, however, retconned it to say that it was Parallax who did it. That wasn't the original intent. Also, originally, I don't believe there ever was a Parallax. If memory serves, Johns made Parallax an actual entity. Originally, Parallax = a crazy Hal Jordan.

#8 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

At the time, he was one of the few characters to age in real time. He was legitimately getting older.

Johns, however, retconned it to say that it was Parallax who did it. That wasn't the original intent. Also, originally, I don't believe there ever was a Parallax. If memory serves, Johns made Parallax an actual entity. Originally, Parallax = a crazy Hal Jordan.

^

#9 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, but thats the comicbook explanation, the real explanation for the comic before Johns came on was that he was getting old and that was yet another challenge to face on and etc

that was a time on the 90s when they wanted their characters to progress and grow, instead of just be young forever like now with the new 52