Why cant Superman 3000 fly?

Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just wondering if they've explained why Superman 3000 cant fly. Thanks for responding

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same reason Flash can't run too fast, and Green Lantern needs a cloak to use his powers. There clones of there past selves, and have lost certain abilities.

superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're flawed clones. All of them have memory issues, things they can't remember from their previous lives. In addition, as mentioned above, Flash no longer has his Speed Force friction shield, Green Lantern no longer has his ring (though that's not a fault of the cloning), and Superman has lost his ability to fly. And heat vision, I think. He can still leap tall buildings in a single bound though.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The same reason Flash can't run too fast, and Green Lantern needs a cloak to use his powers. There clones of there past selves, and have lost certain abilities.

@jonsmith said:

They're flawed clones. All of them have memory issues, things they can't remember from their previous lives. In addition, as mentioned above, Flash no longer has his Speed Force friction shield, Green Lantern no longer has his ring (though that's not a fault of the cloning), and Superman has lost his ability to fly. And heat vision, I think. He can still leap tall buildings in a single bound though.

Keith confirmed that they're not clones and that you'll find out what they are in issue 4. It makes sense considering why would you be able to make a perfect clone in the present day but you can't make 5 good ones 1000 years later.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By New_World_Order
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Please comment what they are revealed to be here when the issue comes out!!!!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Please comment what they are revealed to be here when the issue comes out!!!!

I don't read the series anymore. Had to drop it.

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nothing but clones...although would be cool to see their genes slowly become more powerful.

superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superkryptonian: I dropped it because I couldn't afford getting as many books as I was getting. The series itself is just okay. I'd suggest giving the series a try for a few issues.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what about the other members? They have lost things too?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they are trying to make him more like the original superman, who couldn't fly either.