Why can't I get into Valiant??

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So lately I've been becoming a huge fan of Image and slowly drifting away from Marvel and DC since I'm tired of their constant book cancelations, how often their books are released and how they only focus on how much money or attention they can get. I've been thinking about checking out Valiant since everyone says their writers really do care about the stories and characters they write which I can respect.

But here's the thing, every time I go to pick up a book I always winde up putting it down after looking through it because it doesn't really appeal to me. Plus I am scared to spend the money on something I might not like when there's books like Walking Dead and Saga out there.

So the big question is, is there any online place I can get the first few issues for free before I go out and spend he money on them? Or someone post scans of your favorite moments that might make me think other wise?

Any help is much appreciated!!

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bcuz you need to read old Doc Solar.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I thought the same as you, i had flipped threw a shadowman, archer and armstrong, and bloodshot. But i jumped on Bloodshot and HARD Corps, Eternal Warrior, and Unity, i will never regret it. and neither will you.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude! Katz you rock! I just read through Bloodshot and I just decided I'm picking up the first two volumes tomorrow! Every time I've been in a comic shop for about the past year I always think of how you and Mat are talking about it here on the Vine and I've been tempted to check it out. No joke, every time. Well, I'm onto read X-O And Archer and Armstrong! If they're as good as Bloodshot #1 is, I may be picking up more trades tomorrow.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Cap10nate

@transformers1024: I just saw this post. I don't know if you read digital comics but Comixology is having a huge sale on over 500 comics from Valiant. You can get all the new titles up to the November issue for $0.99 an issue. They also have a good collection of their older series from 1992-1996. I'm currently reading the old Harbinger and it is really good.

All you have to do is go to the Valiant sale page on the Comixology website linked here. All the books will still show $1.99 an issue until you get to checkout and type VALIANT in the promo code area. You can then read it on the website, smart phone or tablet.

They also have a bundle option linked here. You can get 21 books for $29.99. It's not as good as the sale going on right now but they offer this all the time if you don't take advantage of the sale. You get the first 4 books of X-O Manowar, Shadowman, Archer & Armstrong, Bloodshot, and the first 5 of Harbinger.

I have really enjoyed the Valiant Universe and am currently pulling all of their books. My favorites are Harbinger and X-O Manowar with Shadowman being my least favorite (but it just got a creative change last month). They just started their new series called Unity which has been fantastic in it's first two issues. If you like comedic titles, Quantum & Woody and Archer & Armstrong might be for you. Eternal Warrior is only 3 issues in, but has been good so far.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Cap10nate

Also, here is a respect thread made for the antagonist in Harbinger, Toyo Harada. It has some spoilers in it but you requested scans.

Toyo Harada Respect thead by @fallschirmjager

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude! Katz you rock! I just read through Bloodshot and I just decided I'm picking up the first two volumes tomorrow! Every time I've been in a comic shop for about the past year I always think of how you and Mat are talking about it here on the Vine and I've been tempted to check it out. No joke, every time. Well, I'm onto read X-O And Archer and Armstrong! If they're as good as Bloodshot #1 is, I may be picking up more trades tomorrow.

Tagging him incase he doesn't see your appreciation :P @k4tzm4n

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read the first trade of X-O Manowar. I freaking loved it!

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By 2chimcha3

Valiant's books don't look interesting from a flip through, but after you read them, it's absolutely amazing.

Instead of individual trades you might be into these instead:

http://www.amazon.com/X-O-Manowar-Volume-1-HC/dp/193934610X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388886687&sr=8-1&keywords=XO+Manowar

http://www.amazon.com/Bloodshot-Deluxe-Edition-Book-HC/dp/1939346215/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388886730&sr=8-1&keywords=Bloodshot+deluxe

They look better, are more durable and are for a good price. They have these deluxes for their other series too.