Why Ben Affleck will be Better then Christain Bale.

• 78 results
Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Now Don't get me wrong Christian Bale is a good actor and did Batman "Justice" ( Ha Zing) but there's one reason why Ben will be better. That reason is Ben's Batman is not grounded like Bales. What I mean is Nolan's vision for Batman was a world without Super powers so it was going to be more grounded and never really play with the imagination, which actually turned out pretty good. If you don't get what I'm saying I'm just not explaining right. What I'm saying is that Bale could of been a better batman...if he was given the chance to be the definitive Batman who fought Super Villains and worked with Super Powered beings, but it was grounded in reality ( which was not a bad thing). The Nolan Batman Movies were more drama/detective movies which is actually what Batman is.

Now I think Ben Affleck will be a better Batman for 2 reasons. He's as good as actor as Bale if not better and secondly his Batman is being allowed to stay closer too the comics. He's already being introduced fighting a Alien with Super powers. If the rumors of bale directing the new Batman movies are true that's a good Director, Good Lead Role, and most of all able to use the source material too the point where we could see characters like Mister Freeze or Poison Ivy again...Done right. What I'm saying is that the reason Ben will be a better batman isn't because he's a better actor or anything it's just that his Batman has been given permission to play with he source material.

Thanks For Reading

Tex The Unnaturally Handsome Slayer

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I agree that Affleck could definietly exceed expectations in this role. He's a great actor and he could bring more personality to Bruce Wayne. That being said....

inb4 "worst casting of all time."

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The title alone made me vomit

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Almost anyone will be better then throat cancer Batman.

ggrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

I agree that Affleck could definietly exceed expectations in this role. He's a great actor and he could bring more personality to Bruce Wayne. That being said....

inb4 "worst casting of all time."

Why are people repeatedly saying "that is going to suck" when they haven't even seen the final product made? They are just bringing their presumptions which can be a mistake because it isn't based on facts.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ggrocks: That's my biggest pet peeve of all time.... When people give up on a film before we even see it.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Did Batman "Justice" ??? Yeah retire from become Batman because lost his "girlfriend" then come back then after that retire again and go honeymoon on Paris with Selina Kyle. Yup Batman from comics, animated series, animated movie and arkham games will never do that kind of things. In comics Batman allies and batfamily have die but still Batman never retire. Also the things with go honeymoon to Paris and never come back to Gotham doesn't make sense for Batman because he promise to protect Gotham until the he die. I'm sorry never a fan of Nolan Bat. As far as Affleck batman is I will have wait and see. Also some interesting things is on twitter Paul Dini mention that Affleck is his first choice as Batman and on SDCC this year Bruce Timm excited for Affleck because Timm never like Nolan Bat. Same with Frank Miller and Neal Adams

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Easy killer... I think you're missing the point. No film version is completely faithful to the comics, and Nolan's Bat was supposed to be able to exist in the real world.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I loved the trilogy, but I couldn't stand hearing him trying to get over a sore throat. >_>

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not completely ruling out how Afleck will do until I've seen it but I also think Bale while adequete for the role wasn't that super as Batman. Whether this was more to do with the writing/directing or just him being pretty monotone/one note in all 3 movies could be debated but you didn't really see much different in the character over the 3 movies in how he was portrayed. He just wasn't an interesting batman imo. Adequete, but not great.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By amazing_webhead

The more grounded portrayal was one of the few things I didn't like about the Nolan films, so I agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.slashfilm.com/ben-affleck-regrets-daredevil-says-his-batman-wont-compete-with-christian-bales/

Ben affleck himself said that his batman won't compete with Bale's. They are doing two very different types of batman, and you can't really compare them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: he didn't retire from being batman because he lost his girlfriend. He actually never had Rachel as a girlfriend and he reiter because his body was very injured and the Harvey dent act had removed most crime from gotham, so there was no need for a batman.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate how much people ignore the fact Nolan was using the source material, he was adapting it like Peter Jackson did with The Lord of The Rings, if you read the books notice how much he cuts out and how much it changed things.

Amazingly less people had read those books that Batman comic books, people has a harder time notice the fact Jackson changed a lot of aspects to make things work in a movie.

Also several comic books of Batman deal with him being a normal human being in a normal world, ground him.

I dont get why people keep this the only thing that Batman does is punching gods, kicking Superman in the b@llz and all this wacky things that ignore suspension of disbelief, people outside comic books isnt going to run with comic book logic, that is one of the reasons why comics have a problem getting new readers.

Marvel ground his movies and cuts a bunch of things, DC has to do the same.

Adaptations dont mean being as close to the source material as much as you can, this explain why people outside comic book readers didnt liked Watchmen but liked V for Vendetta and The Dark Knight, the reviews of Watchmen point that it was too much like the comic.

Ben Affleck over acts and even when he has 2 Oscars, none of them is for best acting, Affleck as an actor is more of a miss that a hit and winning Oscars don change that, not only that but Bale won his first Oscar for acting at his first nomination without playing politics, after being snubbed for years.

Also is more easy to point great performance by Bale that by Affleck.

I know people want to believe Snyder will put 75 years of Batman in one movie, every single Batman being one Batman in one movie, but that isnt going to happen.

Like there is never going to be a The Lord of The Ring Movie Franchise that will be totally like the books, without any change and it will last enough time to put everything in the franchise.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think he is going to be a very good Bruce Wayne, I'll have to wait and see about Batman. I'm optimistic though.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I think he is going to be a very good Bruce Wayne, I'll have to wait and see about Batman. I'm optimistic though.

All he has to do is not have a cancer voice and Zack Snyder will make him a BAMF like he does with everything. In Zack I Trust.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@deathstroke52 said:

All he has to do is not have a cancer voice and Zack Snyder will make him a BAMF like he does with everything. In Zack I Trust.

Lol yeah, that's true.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@boynerdgeek: Can you show me where they said they didn't like Nolan's Batman? Cause when I looked all I did was find people who loved it and Neal. http://screenrant.com/best-batman-movie-version-comic-book-writers/

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CaptainMarvel4Ever  Online

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I loved the trilogy, but I couldn't stand hearing him trying to get over a sore throat. >_>

Same here, I'm surprised the other actors could give such good performances while in the presence of a grown man in a bat costume, gargling his words.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say different, not better. The 2 shouldn't be compared in my opinion.

Christain Bale's Batman is good for Nolan's "Batman Universe". Outside of that universe is a different story.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Outside_85

The reason why Bale is a safer bet; because he doesn't have stuff like this on his resume:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tex_The_Slayer

Yeah. No one here gets what I'm saying. I'm saying that Affleck's Batman can be more of the definitive Batman because he can use much more from the mythos.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By movieartman

@outside_85:

The quality of the 3 films affleck directed and his acting in 2 of them and in fincher's gone girl have completely negated thoose.... A thousand times over.

People like you are grudge bearing loosers who won't let people live things down or redeem themselves people like you are true scum.

That last film, james g starred in that and he was one of the best actors working today before his death. You don't see people holding that against him?

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tex_The_Slayer
righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By righteous300

Yeah. No one here gets what I'm saying. I'm saying that Affleck's Batman can be more of the definitive Batman because he can use much more from the mythos.

Lol I understand you. I think most of them just read the title and went straight to commenting.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tex_the_slayer:

Not a thing wrong with terminator salvation beyond nitpicks

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman:

Somewhere the first Two Terminators are burning.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By movieartman

@tex_the_slayer:

Not really. They are better for sure. But 3 and salvation are damn good films all there own

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman:

I respect your Opinion. I'll watch all of Terminators because I enjoy the franchise

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All i want from the new batman is bruce's h2h mastery to not be limited to heymakers and a few crescent kicks.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck is a great actor, but he isn't on Bales level IMO. However, his Batman will be closer to the source material. But, really, it doesn't even matter since these are two completely different takes on the character.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I get what you're saying and I completely agree with you.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: well, Affleck is a great actor, and he is not on Bale's lvl because he is leagues higher than Bale.

Bale is good but Affleck is way better.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cream_God

He can be a good Bruce.....just doubt a good Dark Knight :/

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By buttersdaman000

@drfate said:

@buttersdaman000: well, Affleck is a great actor, and he is not on Bale's lvl because he is leagues higher than Bale.

Bale is good but Affleck is way better.

Ehhhhhhhh no.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

@outside_85:

People like you are grudge bearing loosers who won't let people live things down or redeem themselves people like you are true scum.

Please refrain from these kinds of insults, no need to make things personal here :)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Outside_85

@tex_the_slayer:

• Newsies on IMDB: 3.5/5 stars, Rotten Tomatoes: 35 reviews with a score of 40%
  • Harsh Times: 3.5/5 stars, RT: 98 reviews with a score of 48%
  • Terminator Salvation: 3.5/5 stars, RT: 270 reviews with a score of 33%

On the other hand:

• Daredevil: 2.5/5, RT: 215 reviews with a score of 45%
  • Gigli: 1/5, RT: 177 reviews with a score of 6%
  • Surviving Chrismas: 3.5/5 stars, RT: 112 reviews with a score of 7%

Conclusion: Affleck has bigger stinkers than Bale.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never been particularly impressed with Affleck as an actor. He's been in movies I like (anybody else remember Phantoms?), and he's been in movies I didn't like, but I never like the movies he's in because of his performance. He is an adequate actor; if the script, directing, and other cast members are strong, he doesn't really bring it down, but at the same time, he never elevates mediocre or bad films any higher.

That said, I am completely open to the new movie potentially being a good film as long as the other cast members, writing, directing, etc are very strong, and I suspect they will be. Like I said, I don't think Affleck really makes movies worse by being in them, he just doesn't make them better.

Of course, by the same token, if the script and acting in general are mediocre, it might have served them better to cast a stronger actor.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Harsh Times was a great movie.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: fun fact is that Tolkien's family (think his son/grandson specifically) hate Peter Jackson's adaptions.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@deathpoolthet1000: fun fact is that Tolkien's family (think his son/grandson specifically) hate Peter Jackson's adaptions.

Would be Christopher, the youngest of the sons.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Yup, he's the one who did a lot of work on Middle Earth after Tolkien's death, including organising and releasing Silmarrion, right?

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's Batman.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheDandyMan
No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tex_the_slayer said:

No i get it, i just dont think that is the truth, since the fact adaptation was the reason why many people failed to notice The Lazarus Pit was in Rises or fail to notice the references to TAS all over the Nolan trilogy.

Also every incarnation of Batman is terribly limited, even comic book incarnations.

Every incarnation can do some things that other incarnations cant do.

Movie Batman is an adaptation.

I like more movie Aragorn and movie Gollum that their book versions.

Being more like the source material isnt a good thing always, the thing is to adapt the character and his mythology to fit the new medium.

@boynerdgeek said:

Did Batman "Justice" ??? Yeah retire from become Batman because lost his "girlfriend" then come back then after that retire again and go honeymoon on Paris with Selina Kyle. Yup Batman from comics, animated series, animated movie and arkham games will never do that kind of things. In comics Batman allies and batfamily have die but still Batman never retire. Also the things with go honeymoon to Paris and never come back to Gotham doesn't make sense for Batman because he promise to protect Gotham until the he die. I'm sorry never a fan of Nolan Bat. As far as Affleck batman is I will have wait and see. Also some interesting things is on twitter Paul Dini mention that Affleck is his first choice as Batman and on SDCC this year Bruce Timm excited for Affleck because Timm never like Nolan Bat. Same with Frank Miller and Neal Adams

Batman Beyond: Retires

Batman TAS: In One Episode Retires

Batman in the comic books: He retired at least once and Golden Age Batman retired and let Dick Grayson became the new Batman and made Catwoman his wife.

Sorry but Bruce Wayne stop being Batman has happened in the past.

Also Frank Miller doesnt like any movie Batman, Neal Adams problem was that Batman didnt look exactly like the comic book Batman, pretty much he only cared for the costume and Timm reason was that Nolan take another direction with the character and i am sure he only said he would not had done that.

Bruce Timm:

I really like The Dark Knight, and even Tim Burton’s Batman films as well, maybe the first more so than the second. I love what Nolan did but I also still enjoy what Burton did.

Adam West

To me, it's an interesting idea because Batman – the character, the legend, the extension of it over all these years – it lends itself to different machinations, layers, different time zones – anything. You could really pretty much mold Batman. He's malleable, welcome and always interesting. They [Christopher Nolan] do The Dark Knight, and I did The Bright Knight. Ours was fun for the whole family.

Adam West say it best, people against Nolan only had one argument, isnt like the comic and take another direction.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Ben Affleck as an actor, he just doesn't strike me as the Bruce Wayne type of guy. But we'll see, I hope he does well in the role.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...