#1 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok CV, do you guys really think Batman instantly appearing in another movie without Bale's saga backing it up will work in MOS 2?

I mean c'mon, this will obviously be horribly rushed to the point when it will be decided, Superman gets his 1 hour spotlight back.

No Christian Bale = This Movie Fails.

*Hey that rhymes*

Is it a coincidence... I think Not!

That's why the last movie couldn't pull out another 400 million to beat out crappy Iron Man 3, which I thought was garbage. I think DC is gonna fail before it begins.

#2 Posted by Knightfall225 (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale was a decent Batman first of all so lets get that clear. He seemed great because all the other people who acted as him were s--t. Now back to your topic. The movie will not fail. honestly i think it will do better. People will go to see Batman portrayed as a better fighter and a Better detective than Nolan verse Batman was. people will go see the movie just because of Batman and superman being together....not because of some actor.

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is going to appear in Man Of Steel 2? First time I've heard of this.

That's a pretty bold direction to move in.

#4 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5606 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: You haven't even seen the film yet, so who are you to judge? You can't tell if a movie you haven't seen is "horribly rushed" or not.

#5 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7247 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Wolverine08 (26626 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, NO. Batman will always be successful at the movies whether or not Christian Bale plays him.

#7 Posted by judasnixon (5447 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think Bale was all that as Batman....... I want to see if DC and WB can give us a comic book Batman movie......... Not another movie Batman movie...... Someone needs to talk to Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.........

#8 Posted by CODYSF (2047 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: I agree, though. While it's fun to speculate I think it's kind of silly to say something for certain before the movie is out. Heck, we don't even have any info other then "Batman will be in MOS 2"

#10 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: You haven't seen the movie yet, be honest... Having Batman yes "rushed" in the end like Black Widow or Cat Women would be retarded. THIS IS THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!!

1) He will have a different origin that would have to be immediately explored once Man of Steel 2 is being told, while Superman is busy trying to fight Lex Luthor. Marvel never did that approach for the more popular members of the Avengers for a reason.

- Save the last minutes for Flash, MM, and cyborg at best.

#11 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

There were successful Batman films before the Nolan ones came around....

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27378 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is going to appear in Man Of Steel 2? First time I've heard of this.

That's a pretty bold direction to move in.

The next film is going to be a Superman/Batman team up movie

#13 Edited by Black_Claw (2814 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh sure, we all thought the Amazing Spiderman was gonna fail because it had no Tobey Maguire and we all thought having the Avengers without Edward Norton as hulk wouldn't feel right. But what happened in the end? They ended up being successful and a lot of people loved Andrew Garfield's and Mark Ruffalo's performances respectively. Seriously dude, wait till the movie comes out before you bash it.

#14 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: Well, how do you know his appearance won't be a follow up to a Batman re-boot?

#15 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: I always thought change for Spiderman was good, that's just for the haters.

Tbh, Ruffalo was a better Banner than Norton, same with his Hulk.

I'm just bashing this.

#16 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: Or, Batman's in the end credits and announces he's Bruce Wayne, keeping the film strictly in spotlight for The Big Blue

#17 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, NO. Batman will always be successful at the movies whether or not Christian Bale plays him.

#18 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: That would be the best way to do it but, I guess we won't know till the movie comes out then, huh?

EDIT: Wait... Why would he reveal he's Buce Wayne?

#19 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, Batman will always work.

#20 Posted by War Killer (19484 posts) - - Show Bio

We're talking about Batman here, even when he has crappy movies people still like them. :P

But seriously, I think Batman is the last movie we need to worry about DC screwing up. If you want to worry, let's start talking about the Wonder Woman or Flash movie. Now THAT'S something to be concerned about.

#21 Edited by superkryptonian (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: Um Michael Keton was a freaking awesome Batman dude. His potrayal of both Bruce Wayne and Batman was perfect and Christain Bale was pretty great to.

#22 Posted by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if they pick a good Batman actor it will work fine, they're rebooting Batman films anyways so it will work.

#23 Posted by Jack Donaghy (828 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread sucks.

#24 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (4670 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: Michael Keaton was good he got the ball rolling for Bale to have a role to play, Val Kilmer was good too just bat sh*t crazy and walked away from the role. Bale was excellent but a lot of that goes to Nolan's work. If Bale had done Batman in the Schumacher "nipples" era, he'd look just as stupid as Clooney did.

#26 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing that Batman never made money before the Nolan films, otherwise your comments would sound like the ravings of an imbecile.

#28 Posted by DwightSpitz (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh sure, we all thought the Amazing Spiderman was gonna fail because it had no Tobey Maguire

Am I the only one who hated Maguire as Parker? I thought he was horrible in all three. Garfield is annoying but far better than Toby.

As for OP, lol do you seriously think Christian Bale is bigger than Batman?

#29 Posted by JulieDC (787 posts) - - Show Bio

No Christian Bale = Movie Fails? Goodness gracious, I hope Nolan fanboys don't ruin this.

I'm sorry, but Christian Bale didn't make Batman what it is. The Nolan movies neither started the mythos nor finished it. There is much more to Batman that was never explored in those films, so hopefully the next Batman interpretation will focus on all the more fantastical aspects of the Batman rather than just gritty realism.

And considering this is the first time Batman and Superman will be onscreen together in a live action movie in the entire 70 year history of these characters existence, I don't think many people really care who will be playing them as long as the story is decent.

#30 Edited by AngryHulks (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

There are good Batman actor for every two turns.

So the who's after Bale probably sucks, but the one after that guy will be good one.

#31 Edited by slade_wilson (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale was a poor Batman. A good Bruce, but a poor Batman. His villains made him look good.

#32 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale wasn't even a good Batman.

#33 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by daredevil21134 (9110 posts) - - Show Bio

@chronus said:

Bale wasn't even a good Batman.

agreed

#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

You know Batman did have a couple pretty massively successful(for the time) movies that came out long before Bale was even old enough to play Batman

#36 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: You haven't seen the movie yet, be honest... Having Batman yes "rushed" in the end like Black Widow or Cat Women would be retarded. THIS IS THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!!

1) He will have a different origin that would have to be immediately explored once Man of Steel 2 is being told, while Superman is busy trying to fight Lex Luthor. Marvel never did that approach for the more popular members of the Avengers for a reason.

- Save the last minutes for Flash, MM, and cyborg at best.

In the 1989 movie they covered is origin in 5 lines of dialogue because even back then everyone already knew the most important part, dead parents = Batman. They should have no problem jumping right in.

#37 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Yeah I understand that logic, but that's what M. Night Shaymalan did with The Last Airbender and that turned out...

#38 Edited by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: Well Shaymalan could f**k up a wet dream so that's not really a fair comparison. Also Last Air Bender was different because it was based on something relatively new that frankly was never and will never be as big as Batman. There may be around 12 people on Earth outside of 3rd world countries that don't know Batman's origin.

#39 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you from the future? Do you have a magic, crystal ball? Are you secretly a creative lead on the project and are determined it make it fail?

If not, STFU.

#40 Posted by RustyRoy (9237 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Ruffalo did a great job with Hulk and stole the show in Avengers, if they cast a good actor and if he does a great job then I'm sure it will be a success and Batman is already a very popular character so it won't matter that much if Bale is replaced.

#41 Edited by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad that Bale isn't returning to the role....I'd much rather see someone else and a less grounded in reality Batman if he's going to be in the Justice League