• 62 results
#1 Posted by ThisIs5ive (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm catching so much flak for this. But I'd rather say this than not, because it's gotten to the point of ridiculousness.

BATMAN IS OVERRATED.

why? If there is EVER a battle in which Batman participates, he wins- not based on any form of logic or stats, but simply because "Batman's prep wins". I've seen it over and over again, from figures like Boba Fett to people like Darksied. So let's set the record straight: Batman's prep cannot make up for everything in a battle. He has, in his career, fought a huge list of AWESOMELY developed minor villains, most of whom rely on intellect. When he is involved with those who outclass him, he is beaten (See: Deathstroke). I've seen people simply say he outpreps Superman, thus he wins. This, unless he is given a piece of Kryptonite, cannot be. Batman is an epic character. He will forever be one of my favorites. However, he simply cannot contend with people MUCH HIGHER than above his human level of ability, and it's been proven. Secondly, Batman isn't even a genius on the same level as Tony Stark. Sure, he's a genius/tactical mastermind, but has he built his own suit of armor with his resources? No. He has not. Has he built his own tech or demonstrated the ability to build (and I quote) "a time warper" machine? No. He has an awesome backstory and an awesome character, and is resourceful as l geddout, but his entire allure is based upon the fact that he is human and has weaknesses and CAN AND IS beaten by other superpowered villains. His story is one of overcoming odds stacked against him. He cannot beat higher class superpowered individuals. He is mortal. And his prep is not invincible. Perhaps I've bashed on Batman too much here, but I'm just saying: his ability to prep is overrated. And it is not a magic wand. To give you an idea, I'll say that he is like (and I admit I pick a bone with this one) the Boba Fett of the DC universe. If the two were to compete, I'd pick Fett- who has beaten and beats higher-class beings on a regular basis, but also has a great reputation for prep. I do not, however, presume that Fett could kill Luke Skywalker (the Superman of the SW universe), even with a large amount of prep, as Luke has proven to be entirely invincible by the end of Dark Empire. That's what I'm saying here: Batman IS awesome. And I will usually pick him over others of his tier (heck, even Captain America with min. prep), but in the end, he is mortal.

End rant. Let the flaming begin.

#2 Posted by WenjunChew (621 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm catching so much flak for this. But I'd rather say this than not, because it's gotten to the point of ridiculousness.

BATMAN IS OVERRATED.

why? If there is EVER a battle in which Batman participates, he wins- not based on any form of logic or stats, but simply because "Batman's prep wins". I've seen it over and over again, from figures like Boba Fett to people like Darksied. So let's set the record straight: Batman's prep cannot make up for everything in a battle. He has, in his career, fought a huge list of AWESOMELY developed minor villains, most of whom rely on intellect. When he is involved with those who outclass him, he is beaten (See: Deathstroke). I've seen people simply say he outpreps Superman, thus he wins. This, unless he is given a piece of Kryptonite, cannot be. Batman is an epic character. He will forever be one of my favorites. However, he simply cannot contend with people MUCH HIGHER than above his human level of ability, and it's been proven. Secondly, Batman isn't even a genius on the same level as Tony Stark. Sure, he's a genius/tactical mastermind, but has he built his own suit of armor with his resources? No. He has not. Has he built his own tech or demonstrated the ability to build (and I quote) "a time warper" machine? No. He has an awesome backstory and an awesome character, and is resourceful as l geddout, but his entire allure is based upon the fact that he is human and has weaknesses and CAN AND IS beaten by other superpowered villains. His story is one of overcoming odds stacked against him. He cannot beat higher class superpowered individuals. He is mortal. And his prep is not invincible. Perhaps I've bashed on Batman too much here, but I'm just saying: his ability to prep is overrated. And it is not a magic wand. To give you an idea, I'll say that he is like (and I admit I pick a bone with this one) the Boba Fett of the DC universe. If the two were to compete, I'd pick Fett- who has beaten and beats higher-class beings on a regular basis, but also has a great reputation for prep. I do not, however, presume that Fett could kill Luke Skywalker (the Superman of the SW universe), even with a large amount of prep, as Luke has proven to be entirely invincible by the end of Dark Empire. That's what I'm saying here: Batman IS awesome. And I will usually pick him over others of his tier (heck, even Captain America with min. prep), but in the end, he is mortal.

Yes. Overcoming odds stacked against him, which includes higher class superpowered individuals.

The reason Batman was beaten by superpowered villains was obviously the fact that he did not prepare for that or he simply didn't have the time to.

Read Dark Knight Returns. Batman defeated Superman with prep.

#3 Edited by Jphu8414 (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by PapiNacho (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

100% percent agree. Batman is completely overrated, why he even exists is beyond me.

#5 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY MUST YOU TARGET BATMAN! He's A GREAT GUY DAMNIT, WITH ISSUES

#6 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12284 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not going to end well.

#7 Posted by WenjunChew (621 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12284 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

This is not going to end well.

Why?

Because there is a great chance that the legions of Batman fanboys will storm this thread and make you look like an ass even though you make a very valid point.

#9 Edited by Jayc1324 (13211 posts) - - Show Bio

His prep is not overrated. It always works.

Even with superman

#10 Edited by ImmortalOne (3521 posts) - - Show Bio

"I hate Batman rant" #14731

#11 Posted by ThisIs5ive (7 posts) - - Show Bio

To clarify: I do not bash on Batman because of his character. Iove the character. He's human, has an awesome backstory, and is conflicted with actual issues. I just hate the undue credit he recieves.

#12 Edited by godzilla44 (3584 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Edited by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

75 years of Batman, and still going. People even care enough to hate him..

#14 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2322 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god,another one of these

#15 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is aware tHat THe Batsman is overrated. MetH would of read your post of you didn't turn it into a Huge paragrapH.

-ABstract4$$#073-

#16 Posted by ThisIs5ive (7 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're talking about "prep" being when Superman gives him a piece of Kryptonite in case he goes rogue, that's hardly a legitimate example. I feel it necessary to say that I hate Superman as a character. He is so one dimensional it's not even funny. In terms of character, Batman will win a lot of the time. However, in canonical terms, one does not simply prep your way into invincibility or beat said invincibility when it involves laser vision, x ray vision, actual invincibility, and the strength to move planets. (But really. As an author, Superman is a Mary Sue and distasteful.)

#17 Edited by gor724 (839 posts) - - Show Bio

Never seen this thread before on this site. *Sarcasm*

#18 Edited by comicace3 (6399 posts) - - Show Bio

Son, You've done something mighty wrong here....

#19 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10087 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's the time of the week for another "Batman isn't as good as everyone says even though nobody says that" thread? Fair enough.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (45199 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by JetiiMitra (8811 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's the time of the week for another "Batman isn't as good as everyone says even though nobody says that" thread? Fair enough.

I've got next week.

#22 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6296 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#23 Posted by WenjunChew (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure, but perhaps the OP is arguing that there exists Batman fans who believe Batman can beat anyone with prep, which is a strawman argument.

In reality, no Batman fans actually believe that Batman with prep can beat say, Living Tribunal when they have knowledge of what The Living Tribunal can do.

#24 Posted by Godzilla_BK (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you OP, he has the greatest gadget of them all...

Fanboys.

#25 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh* so basically the GD topics threads are just

• STOP DBZ BAN!!!
  • BATMAN(or Someone associated to him) SUCKS!!!
  • Spam
  • and questions that could be answer with google searches.
#26 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by ilikedonuts (2361 posts) - - Show Bio

yep, Batman is overrated fo' sho'.

#28 Posted by joshmightbe (25054 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're talking about "prep" being when Superman gives him a piece of Kryptonite in case he goes rogue, that's hardly a legitimate example. I feel it necessary to say that I hate Superman as a character. He is so one dimensional it's not even funny. In terms of character, Batman will win a lot of the time. However, in canonical terms, one does not simply prep your way into invincibility or beat said invincibility when it involves laser vision, x ray vision, actual invincibility, and the strength to move planets. (But really. As an author, Superman is a Mary Sue and distasteful.)

Obviously you nothing about Superman. I don't care if you like him or not but don't bring him up just to deflect the Bat fan boys anger from you.

#29 Edited by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: most batman + superman haters have never read anything DC related IMO.

#30 Posted by Farkam (5045 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey look the eight zillionth "Batman gave me an emotional booboo wah wah wah" QQ thread. Totes Legit.

#31 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by joshmightbe (25054 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: most batman + superman haters have never read anything DC related IMO.

I knew he didn't know s**t the second I read laser vision, no comic fan (even the abject DC haters) think its called laser vision. My 4 year old daughter knows its called heat vision.

#33 Posted by RustyRoy (13565 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18802 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh* so basically the GD topics threads are just

• STOP DBZ BAN!!!
  • BATMAN(or Someone associated to him) SUCKS!!!
  • Spam
  • and questions that could be answer with google searches.

don't forget all the marvel vs dc threads - or is that off-topic?

#35 Posted by G_leno (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel the same. Mostly, even against equal level villains, he gets beaten first time, goes away and comes up with a plan, THEN preps and wins. If anything, he should NEVER win 10/10 fights, he always loses the first one.

#36 Posted by Frozen (15172 posts) - - Show Bio

100% percent agree. Batman is completely overrated, why he even exists is beyond me.

He exists to be better than Superman. That's why he outsells him in media.

#37 Posted by joshmightbe (25054 posts) - - Show Bio

It like what I tell people about Superman, when their favorite character gets continually published for 75 years all the while staying on the top sellers list we can talk about who's guy deserves the position. This pretty much just leaves Batman in the conversation tho.

#38 Posted by PapiNacho (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@papinacho said:

Please, Batman could outsell Superman a hundred times and it wouldn't matter. Superman always wins, that's what he does.

#39 Posted by Frozen (15172 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@papinacho said:

Please, Batman could outsell Superman a hundred times and it wouldn't matter. Superman always wins, that's what he does.

#40 Edited by PapiNacho (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@papinacho said:

@frozen said:

@papinacho said:

#41 Edited by Frozen (15172 posts) - - Show Bio

@papinacho: DKR is regarded as a masterpiece; Justice League Origin, eh not so much...

#42 Edited by joshmightbe (25054 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Unless you would consider me beating Mike Tyson after poisoning him a feat then Batman has never had impressive victory over Superman. Kryptonite beat him not Batman.

#43 Posted by ganon15 (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

another one?

#44 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

#1 Posted by ThisIs5ive (7 posts) - 14 hours, 21 minutes ago - Show Bio

BATMAN IS OVERRATED.

QFT

#45 Edited by PapiNacho (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Frank Miller is regarded as a crackpot, Geoff Johns is regarded as an A-list writer and is DC's current CCO.

#46 Edited by dagmar_merrill (10087 posts) - - Show Bio

OP..

Batman did fight Dakseid.

#47 Posted by RisingBean (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god,another one of these

Is my feeling about the OP in general. ANY superhero is overrated. Streetlevelers moreso.

@m3th said:

Everyone is aware tHat THe Batsman is overrated. MetH would of read your post of you didn't turn it into a Huge paragrapH.

-ABstract4$$#073-

And this. I skimmed because of terrible structure. Furthermore I'm concerned why somebody feels a need to come in and in their first posts start trouble.

Yes. Overcoming odds stacked against him, which includes higher class superpowered individuals.

The reason Batman was beaten by superpowered villains was obviously the fact that he did not prepare for that or he simply didn't have the time to.

Read Dark Knight Returns. Batman defeated Superman with prep.

You may want to go read it again. Batman "won" because Clark was willing to play along. He heard Bruce's heartbeat and knew he wasn't dead. If he wanted to press the issue Batman had no recourse.

Saren, back when he went by Citizen Bane wrote up all the Batman and Superman scuffles and speaks about the fight if you want to look it up. Batman has never beaten an in-continuity non-nerfed Superman. And he didn't even win in TDKR. Unless you count Superman being a nice guy as a loss.

#48 Edited by wildvine (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything Bean said.

#49 Posted by Frozen (15172 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: He won by stealing his popularity and thunder.

#50 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18384 posts) - - Show Bio

did not read gif