• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by frangipan (113 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread has given the OP the attention he wanted…but not the attention he needs right now.

agreed

#52 Edited by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread has given the OP the attention he wanted…but not the attention he needs right now.

You win!

@mudstar said:
@xwraith said:

I don't hate Batman, but he's not my favorite DC hero (that honor goes to Green Arrow).

But I do agree that he is the most overhyped and overused character out there (with the possible exception of Wolverine).

There's no "overhyped" about it. Batman sells, so DC pumps out comics/movies/games/merchandise. Sorry your favorite hero doesn't sell as well.

Who's his favorite superhero? Why is it that every time someone has something negative to say to Batman (or at least,YOUR favorite Superhero or one you respect),it is assumed that they are using it to cover their own supposed insecurities or it results from some allegiance to another character?

#53 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

You must be new......

#54 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8009 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not the tread Comic Vine needs. Or the one it deserves.

#55 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Batman, but the fans inside this thread remind me why I hate his fans.

"OH GOD, SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE BATMAN. HOW DARE YOU? HE'S DA BESTEST."

People insult Sentry, Wolverine, Deadpool, and many other heroes. But when it comes to Batman, the Batfans go crazy.

You Batfans should learn what an opinion is.

And yes, he is overhyped, overused, and has sales advantage in his fights. That being said, he has some of the best stories in DC.

#56 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11109 posts) - - Show Bio

Yare Yare

#57 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: >should learn what opinion is

> proceeds to state opinions as facts

ok

#58 Edited by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it 2/10

try harder next time

they aren't angry enough

#59 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

@sideburnguru: >should learn what opinion is

> proceeds to state opinions as facts

ok

Overhyped is my opinion but only made that way from the fans.. Overused, because he always ends up having more titles in DC than any other hero. Is that bad?Yes.. and no. But it's a good sign of being overused.

And if you don't think he doesn't have sale advantage in half his fights he amazingly wins at times, then that's on you. But continue to ignore the rest of my post to try and take away the fact Batfans have showed their ignorance heavily in this thread because the OP dares to have an opinion that doesn't jerk off DC's golden boy.

#60 Posted by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman opened the door for street level heroes! Haters these days....smh

#61 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

People seem to love Batman. Why? All he does is practically dig around Gotham trying to catch a dillusional clown and his sidekick, a guy on drugs, a guy with half his face melted off, and a guy who dresses in farm equipment. Everyone else saves the world. Superman stopped Zod and Doomsday from turning Earth into Krypton, Captain America stopped Red Skull from blowing up the world numerous times, Wolverine and The X-Men have stopped Magneto from killing all non mutants on the planet, Thor stopped Loki from enslaving the human race,and son and so forth. You get the idea. Why is Batman so popular?!

Shut the hell up, you're just trying to piss off Bat fan boys and start fights.

#62 Edited by Pr0metheus (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

#63 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by JetiiMitra (8641 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't this thread get locked? It's obviously flame bait and nothing good has or will come out of it. It's a dupe, if nothing else.

#65 Posted by lifeofvibe (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran:

that's what im thinking bait thread...now lock it!

#66 Posted by BlackWind (6373 posts) - - Show Bio

Even for someone like me who is tired of Batman, these reasons are just full of fail. Yeah, writers try way too hard to make Batman cool, but there are mountains of fully legit things he has done.

#67 Posted by HellionVulcan (3781 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman is so worthless why is he able to incapacitate each member of the justice league without any of them even realizing it? Watch the movie doom...seriously, how many times has this "unstoppable" group of superheroes been in a jam because they just can't get it done or relied on Batman's plan or his help?

I completely agree this thread should be "I need attention"

"why is he able to incapacitate each member of the justice league without any of them even realizing it?"

Plot & pis is the reason .

can't stop laughing .

#68 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22318 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by Xwraith (18297 posts) - - Show Bio

You win!

@mudstar said:

There's no "overhyped" about it. Batman sells, so DC pumps out comics/movies/games/merchandise. Sorry your favorite hero doesn't sell as well.

Who's his favorite superhero? Why is it that every time someone has something negative to say to Batman (or at least,YOUR favorite Superhero or one you respect),it is assumed that they are using it to cover their own supposed insecurities or it results from some allegiance to another character?

I said it's Green Arrow (but I can understand why he's not as popular).

#70 Edited by Shawdawg94 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

People love batman because his comics have delivered several awesome stories over the years, he has some great movies, and arguable has one of the best superhero video game series. In the end, these are the things that matter. Not whether or not he can beat anyone or if he's better than another hero.

#71 Posted by sagejonathan (1956 posts) - - Show Bio

Calling all bat-fans, let's drop this motherf*cker.

XD That's priceless. But seriously, I don't read Batman and he's not among my favorites but I still love him. I don't see how someone can't like him.

#72 Edited by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@cameron83 said:

You win!

@mudstar said:

But why does he assume that you're just mad that Green arrow's not as popular and that you're somehow taking it out on Batman.

#73 Edited by Xwraith (18297 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@cameron83 said:

You win!

@mudstar said:

But why does he assume that you're just mad that Green arrow's not as popular and that you're somehow taking it out on Batman.

I didn't interpret it that way.

#74 Posted by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman opened the door for street level heroes! Haters these days....smh

How?

#75 Posted by Havenless (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, that actually made a lot more sense than it did in the movie. Nice one.

#76 Posted by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@cameron83 said:

@xwraith said:

@cameron83 said:

You win!

@mudstar said:

I didn't interpret it that way.

It seems insulting and almost patronizing...almost.

#77 Edited by AmazonieSPL (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually i love batman but sometimes....When he act like everyone is his BITCHIES(You know what i mean)...

AmazonieSPL

#78 Edited by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

lol I still love what arturocalakayvee said.

XD

#79 Posted by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

You're lucky Bruce Timm and Frank Miller aren't here though....

#80 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman THE ANIMATED SERIES.

END OF DISCUSSION. LOCK.

#81 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

lol I still love what arturocalakayvee said.

XD

Thanks guys :D

#82 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Batman, but the fans inside this thread remind me why I hate his fans.

People insult Sentry, Wolverine, Deadpool, and many other heroes. But when it comes to Batman, the Batfans go crazy.

And yes, he is overhyped, overused, and has sales advantage in his fights. That being said, he has some of the best stories in DC.

But you know what the difference is with all those "Heroes" (I do this"" because they are all killers) is numbers, there are more Batfans than there are fans for all of those characters. Batman is the most popular comic book character out there whether you like it or not and the most loved.

#83 Edited by Havenless (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

But you know what the difference is with all those "Heroes" (I do this"" because they are all killers) is numbers, there are more Batfans than there are fans for all of those characters. Batman is the most popular comic book character out there whether you like it or not and the most loved.

Heroes kill. It's the ones who don't have a stomach for it that I'm questionable about.

#84 Edited by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Most of the first superheroes were nonpowered street level characters with feats thAt werent very impressive. The creation of Superman brought in more fans due to the use of superpowers. Superman started a new interest in superpowers that overshadowed the characters that didnt have any powers at all. Batman came along and evened the score with providing feats that were just as cool as the feats the superpowered Kryptonian could do. Now street level characters like Nightwing and daredevil can be compared to superpowered beings without trolls complaining about how a nonpowered human could never beat a superpowered human.

O and sorry about the rude comment the other day if it means anything now.

#85 Posted by JetiiMitra (8641 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: Those were pulp heroes in comics, which isn't the same thing as superheroes even if a few had very minor superpowers. When Superman came out, yes, there was a new interest in superpowered characters, but the popularity of pulp heroes and other genres was still present. That's the kind of hero Batman was at conception. He wasn't always able to compete with Kryptonians; it was his popularity that allowed him to do so much later on.

#87 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio

#88 Posted by RustyRoy (12769 posts) - - Show Bio

Calling all bat-fans, let's drop this motherf*cker.

Awesome dude, I'm here btw.

#89 Posted by MonsterStomp (18080 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's work with the Justice League just slips your mind?

#90 Edited by w0nd (3423 posts) - - Show Bio