• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

People seem to love Batman. Why? All he does is practically dig around Gotham trying to catch a dillusional clown and his sidekick, a guy on drugs, a guy with half his face melted off, and a guy who dresses in farm equipment. Everyone else saves the world. Superman stopped Zod and Doomsday from turning Earth into Krypton, Captain America stopped Red Skull from blowing up the world numerous times, Wolverine and The X-Men have stopped Magneto from killing all non mutants on the planet, Thor stopped Loki from enslaving the human race,and son and so forth. You get the idea. Why is Batman so popular?!

#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

No, no.

#3 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pretty sure Batman has saved the world(s) on several occasions.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (40547 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17773 posts) - - Show Bio

the treads name should be " I WANT ATTENTION"

#6 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by TheCannon (18251 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. He only does anything of value with the JL, and then it was the other members who did something while Batman just kind of stands there.

That said, I wouldn't call him one of the worst. But he is overhyped.

#8 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainamerica119: how dare you? Let me tell you something buddy, you're a no good....ah wait, that would be doing what you want huh? I bet you're the biggest Batman fan and you're just &$)(ing with us.

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (40547 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. He only does anything of value with the JL, and then it was the other members who did something while Batman just kind of stands there.

That said, I wouldn't call him one of the worst. But he is overhyped.

So because Batman isn't a MASSIVE part of the JL's success, he isn't that great of a hero?

#10 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11303 posts) - - Show Bio

Trollololololololololololol.

#11 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: i hate batman. Otherwise i wouldn't have made this. I am a captain america fanboy bi***

#12 Edited by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by RogueShadow (10231 posts) - - Show Bio

Reality would beg to differ.

#14 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

All those other characters have powers.

#15 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7774 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12852 posts) - - Show Bio

You seem to be the only "dillusional" one here if you honestly cant see Bat's appeal.

#17 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio
Calling all bat-fans, let's drop this motherf*cker.

#18 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman sucks. But he's not the worst...Sentry holds that spot.

#19 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what's so appealing about Batman? Batman gets sh!t done, he beats the odds always.

/thread

#21 Posted by ownagepants (4373 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman killed darkseid that's all I am gonna say on this.

#22 Edited by Xwraith (16718 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Batman, but he's not my favorite DC hero (that honor goes to Green Arrow).

But I do agree that he is the most overhyped and overused character out there (with the possible exception of Wolverine).

#23 Edited by lifeofvibe (3461 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Omnicrono (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Edited by lifeofvibe (3461 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Nahuel (391 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna get some popcorn! This is going to be fun >.<

#27 Posted by Mulder15 (331 posts) - - Show Bio

SMH........

#28 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

People seem to love Batman. Why? All he does is practically dig around Gotham trying to catch a dillusional clown and his sidekick, a guy on drugs, a guy with half his face melted off, and a guy who dresses in farm equipment. Everyone else saves the world.

Nice generalization there.

Try actually reading comics.

#29 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21636 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#31 Posted by puppetmaster75 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman is so worthless why is he able to incapacitate each member of the justice league without any of them even realizing it? Watch the movie doom...seriously, how many times has this "unstoppable" group of superheroes been in a jam because they just can't get it done or relied on Batman's plan or his help?

I completely agree this thread should be "I need attention"

#32 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21307 posts) - - Show Bio

@puppetmaster75: meh, I like batman, but don't bring up the Doom plans. some are just dumb

#33 Edited by RustyRoy (11858 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by RustyRoy (11858 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe in Johns run, but other writers have made him a very important part of the team, he even saved them many times.

#35 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainamerica119: so why make this thread? I could tear you a new &$$hole telling you why Batman is one of the best fictional characters in the entire world, but I'll let others send you packing kid.

#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (40547 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman is so worthless why is he able to incapacitate each member of the justice league without any of them even realizing it? Watch the movie doom...seriously, how many times has this "unstoppable" group of superheroes been in a jam because they just can't get it done or relied on Batman's plan or his help?

PIS.

#37 Posted by Wolverine08 (40547 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

I don't hate Batman, but he's not my favorite DC hero (that honor goes to Green Arrow).

But I do agree that he is the most overhyped and overused character out there (with the possible exception of Wolverine).

I do agree Wolverine is overused, but he really doesn't get much hype. Kind of weird really.

#38 Edited by ganon15 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Batman, I hate the blokes who overrate him and act like he's god.

#39 Posted by cameron83 (7117 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

I do agree Wolverine is overused, but he really doesn't get much hype. Kind of weird really.

True

@ganon15 said:

I don't hate Batman, I hate Batfans.

God this is so true.

The arc it was based off of had many inconsistencies and they also rely on others,like Superman.

Anyway,this thread is a cry for attention and a troll thread.

It makes uneducated assessments and statements,as if he has never even touched a batman comic. Nice try.....actually,no,it isn't. It was poorly executed.

And btw,Batman,Captain America,Superman,Wolverine,X-men,Thor,etc are all awesome. Enough with the weak comparisons.

And btw,Batman actually does succeed in saving Gotham (usually,most of the times).

#40 Posted by _Gaff_ (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

#41 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really see the big disparity between saving a city and saving the world. Saving even one life is every bit as heroic as saving billions, and sometimes having it on a smaller scale is nice

#43 Posted by Pokeysteve (8231 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey he created Brother Eye which.......nevermind.

I don't like Batman by any means but he isn't THAT bad. Wouldn't be my first choice to protect my city though.

#44 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

I just came to watch

#45 Edited by Justthatkid (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah those plans are cr@p. Its a excuse to put him on par with his fellow league members. I do think he's useful but those plans once again are silly.

#46 Posted by frangipan (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainamerica119

Batman 'digs' in Gotham because of the history he has with the place his parents died there! Batman isn't a hero that wants to exist but he does it because he doesn't want the people of gotham to suffer the same fate as his parents. Maybe he isn't the most active member of the JL but thats because his priority is gotham. Think of it this way, Green Lanterns have a sector of the universe to protect Batman's sector is Gotham, and why does it matter who his enemys are? If its a drug adict or a pyscopathic clown there still enemys of Gotham, that's what matters to batman. Also Batman doesn't think of himself as a 'superhero' he thinks of himself as a protector. What does he protect? Gotham.

What was your aim when you put up this topic? To make all Batman fans crazy as hell? Because that is all you have achieved! *DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYS**

#47 Posted by Cooldes (3993 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Justthatkid (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

Hardly, "I want Attention" would be if it was posted on the Batman forum despite the title being Attention Grabbing.

#49 Posted by mudstar (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@xwraith said:

There's no "overhyped" about it. Batman sells, so DC pumps out comics/movies/games/merchandise. Sorry your favorite hero doesn't sell as well.

#50 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11303 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread has given the OP the attention he wanted…but not the attention he needs right now.