#1 Posted by Batmanx2005 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

i just think using black eye make up just look more like a emo dress like batman for note I have nothing against emo just nothing . but i think he look more terrify with white eyes . it would cool if they put white eyes in arkham games as a option . and also i hope ben alfack won't use the throat cancer voice because it just dose not sound like batman. i hope they just have conroy do the voice or change the actors and he better not mess it up. okay where was i. i think they should use special effect for batman eyes or robin if they are going to put him there. what do you guys think.

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thread

#3 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

I think white glowing eyes like Iron Man would do wonders for Batman's street cred. Since he is supposedly scary and and totally under disguise.

Glowing eyes would be a step in the right direction.

#4 Posted by explodingpineapple (837 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanx2005: I think the reason for the eye make-up in the arkham games is that it is probably more realistic. But an unlockable cowl or costume change could probably be cool.

#5 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I honest never noticed that he didn't have white eyes in the Arkham games. Huh.

#6 Posted by Dr_Harlequin (485 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the white eyes showed up in detective mode?

#7 Edited by reaverlation (17056 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_harlequin: It did.He also had White Eyes technically in The Dark Knight movie as well

#8 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6450 posts) - - Show Bio

He had them in the Arkham games and movies when he used sonar/detective vision.

#9 Posted by StormShadow_X (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

White eyes as cool as they look in animated series and comics would look horrible if not done exactly right anywhere else. The arkham series obviously looks like a gritty real life batman. If they put white eyes on his default suit it would look stupid (although he has it in detective mode which looks nice). The movies are the same. A number of characters with white eyes don't have them in movies unless its essential to the character like Spiderman. The next batman movie they could try and pull of nite owl from the watchmen movie but I doubt it would work for batman. Ironman eyes get a excuse because he has a suit and if you see his normal eyes while in the suit it would look horrible. Ninja Turtles also originally had white eyes because of there bandanna but of course in film that would look horrible. In the Newest tmnt game the graphics were similar to the Arkham series and they lost the white eyes. Some characters don't work with white eyes in a specific Graphic in a game or in the movies. I think Batman is scary enough with out the white eyes. A Figure shrouded in darkness that resembles a demon with a voice too match.

#10 Posted by Batmanx2005 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x: yeah I but I think in my opinion it would make him look like non human person

#11 Posted by StormShadow_X (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanx2005:

True but you just got to think of how it will look visually. Believe me Flash and Green Lantern won't have it either in there movie. We won't be getting a standard costume like that. Seriously though good thread.

#12 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

But... Batman is emo.

-ABstract4$$#073-

#13 Posted by VoodooPenguin (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: I saw this before I even read the OP and I burst out laughing.

#14 Edited by PotatoOfDoom (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo said:

I think white glowing eyes like Iron Man would do wonders for Batman's street cred. Since he is supposedly scary and and totally under disguise.

Glowing eyes would be a step in the right direction.

#15 Posted by nightwing737 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the white eyes.

#16 Posted by Dr_Harlequin (485 posts) - - Show Bio

2d good. 3d bad.

#17 Posted by RetconCrisis (4522 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that having glowing eyes in the darkness has both pros and cons.

Pro: It makes you look scary to the enemy and totally BA.

Con: You'd be a pair of fire-flies that when shot at would result in an immediate headshot.

#18 Posted by Batmanx2005 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_harlequin: well it much terrify with white eyes like with contact lens white eyes

#19 Posted by Jeepeh (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

White eyes aren't practical..... 1st how would you do them? You'd have to do it like Spiderman's mask, and how much peripheral vision does Spiderman have? Batman's a Ninja, he needs to be able to see.

#20 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

The white eyes is just harder to translate to live action.

#21 Posted by w0nd (4045 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x: yeah I but I think in my opinion it would make him look like non human person

i would think he is just a person dressed up in a bat suit wearing white contacts or the cowl. He honestly does just look like a guy dressed up in costume, before when he was an urban legend who was unseen then sure that would be cool to see a silhouette with glowing eyes, but he let himself be seen close up in costume using gadgets so that non human aspect is now meaningless

#22 Posted by nightwing817 (264 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason there isn't white eyes in games or movies is because of one simple reason: emotion. In the comics, batman's cowl can conform to him and he can give visual emotion with his eyebrows and stuff underneath the cowl because the artist can allow it to move. In movies that isn't possible. The cowl is in a fixed position, and this for the actor to convey the right sense of emotion to the audience, he'll need some sort of visual on either his eyebrows or eyes.

#23 Posted by Batmanx2005 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

With white eye contact lens he would much terrify then someone using eye black make up

#24 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8663 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanx2005 said:

With white eye contact lens he would much terrify then someone using eye black make up

I don't think it would translate well to live action, though.

#25 Posted by Batmanx2005 (375 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Worlds_only_DC_fan (119 posts) - - Show Bio

DCUO has him have those cool white eyes.

#27 Posted by korghano (61 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue with not having pupils in a videogame is that it makes it harder for the character to be expressive.

One could argue that the whole point of Batman is that he instills fear and appears as an inhuman monster to his foes, but as a gamer in control of Batman, you want to be able to relate. Have you ever tried talking to some wearing sunglasses? You can't see their eyes, and you don't know where they're looking, and what they're thinking. It's harder to read them. When you control a character in a game, you establish a connection to them and empathise. Being unable to read the intent of your character in a cutscene makes it harder to establish that connection.

As I said though, there are ways this could be used to the creators advantage.

#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13618 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people keep trying to reason with this guy.