#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

When I heard he was in the new Thor movie I had a full blown geek out. I understand why people who aren't into comics in general or Thor in particular might not care but as a Thor fan I don't get why other Thor fans just don't care. Come on people this is a classic Thor villain that had about zero chance of ever being in a movie prior to the Avengers and if you know his comic origin you know this opens the possibility of the Beyonder coming in which means potential Secret Wars movie.

#2 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

When has Kurse been in a Thor movie? Is he the new villain in the second film?

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: He is Algrim the Strong who is working for Malekith in Thor 2. Algrim is his real name.

#4 Edited by theinfinite (6 posts) - - Show Bio

because they butcher the comics characters, timeline, ect. iron man 3 is a perfect example.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinfinite: Time line doesn't matter since its considered a different universe from the 616.

#6 Edited by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse is coming, thats awesome very excited to see him. I was worried he wasn't mention when Malakeith was announced.

#7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more excited for Malekith but still want to see Kurse.

I think this movie isn't getting as hyped as Man of Steel which may make it seem less people care. Or Thor fans are more quiet about this.

#8 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I'm a fan of Thor, but I have no idea of his villains. But I gotta say I don't like the main villain in Thor2, he just looks weird.

#9 Edited by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited for Thor 2, looks like a lot more action

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited about Kurse being in the new Thor movie.

#11 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I'm pretty excited to see Kurse, his death masque looks pretty bitching.

#12 Edited by Lvenger (21246 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Kurse is a relatively unknown Thor villain though. Like Cardiac is an unknown Spider-Man foe. I didn't know who Cardiac was until Gregg geeked out about him. I only knew who Kurse was because of Marvel Ultimate Alliance where you have to fight him as a boss and in an extra mission with just Thor.

Still, I'm really excited about Thor: The Dark World as a whole. Great cast, engaging story, fitting tone, a certain maturity too it and a great director as well. Taylor's Game of Thrones work has sold me on him directing Thor easily. This film may well rock IMO.

#13 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinfinite: go to the corner until you have something intelligent to add. now on topic, because they dont know him. at all. i cant even remember the last time he was used in comics.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: Damn Young uns, not learning their history (Shakes fist, orders kids off lawn)

#15 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: i fought in the war *spits in a bowl* so some young whipper snappers cant recognise one of the biggest thor villains in comics. no sir. if knew this would happen, i would've let the commies win.

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited.

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Because there are like 12 Thor fans.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly the only way I could be happier here is if Beta Ray Bill was in it.

#19 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Brb should be in it

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Maybe he'll be in part 3

#21 Edited by Lvenger (21246 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly the only way I could be happier here is if Beta Ray Bill was in it.

And this would actually excite Hulk fans too, despite the supposed animosity between Thor and Hulk fans. If Beta Ray Bill shows up, it's entirely possible that a Planet Hulk film could use him instead of the Silver Surfer in the film.

#22 Posted by The_Good_Loser (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Inclining I'm not.

#23 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, for one, the 1st sucked. Secondly, this movie, much like IM2, sounds to be reeking of editorial interference. The original director was fired, and Portman almost left with her. The composers have changed, and Marvel has been breaking Taylor's balls over the run time. I smell fail.

Also, Thor fans, get excited for Thor 3. Here's how it's gonna go down.........

Thor is threatened in Asgard by soldiers sent by an intergalactic terrorist named "Beta Ray", who turns out to be nothing more than a punchdrunk guy named Bill, who is working Donald Blake, the REAL Beta Ray.

#24 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7510 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Be optimistic, I thought I was negative but damn people these days can't even see the possibility of good in anything.

#26 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7510 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: Be optimistic, I thought I was negative but damn people these days can't even see the possibility of good in anything.

just being prudent about excitement

#27 Posted by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Don't know why people are so negative over the movies I find myself enjoying Marvel movies more over a gaping mouth Batman and snooze feast in Marvel comic. Aside from Bill appearing I really want to see Hela and Mangog appear in a sequel someday.

#28 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya: I'm of the opinion that for the most part the Marvel movies are being way more respectful to the characters than the actual comics are now days.

#29 Posted by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: It defiantly shows in all the movies not counting Iron Man 2 and 3.

#30 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

m3th is a fan of Spider-Man but m3th isn't excited for ASM2.

-m3th.O.D.-

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya: Not saying the movies always get it right but at least they're trying which is more than I can say for the talent vacuum the comics have become.

#32 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1939 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's villains are basically very forgettable in comics. They are not used properly. Let alone Thor villains. I'm a Thor fan and I'm having a hard time remembering Kurse. THAT is the biggest flaw of the cinematic Marvel universe. There are NO INTERESTING villains (except for Spider Man's). Look what they did with the Mandarin. That happened because Hollywood has no idea what to do with the Marvel villains! Dr. Doom in the FF movie was basically ruined. Bullseye in the Daredevil movie was more comedic, never took him seriously. They did good with Magneto in the Xmen movies but even then the real bad guys are normal, human villains. Galactus? Lol. The Abomination... ugh he was horrible in The IH movie. And then they took a shit on Loki in the Avengers movie where he was upstaged by an annoyingly, wisecracking Tony Stark and ...Black Widow?! Then for laughs he got rag dolled by Hulk!!!! Just... no respect.

#33 Edited by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: this guy gets it. Loki was HORRIBLY DONE in the movies, and the Mandarin was cringeworthy.

#34 Edited by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: Mandarin I agree was horrible as Loki I always saw him as the Starscream of Marvel in comics and media in general. Always within grasp of victory but fate jut looks and says "Nope" thus Loki's triumphs are stomped. But shit even DC sucks with their representation of characters to they made Bane white and a patsy to Talia to make her dead dad proud of her. Than of purse the horrible depiction of Jonathan Kent scarring Clark into hiding his powers and watch people die rather than help than traumatize his son as Clark watches his dad horribly cgi to death by a tornado.

#35 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Because most Thor "fans" only know him from the first film. His actual readers are understandably skeptical.

#36 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1939 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya: sorry I disagree, sure there were changes to Bane but my god, he had a powerful presence in the film TDKR... it was a true villain that by the end of the movie everyone knew and talked about. That's the way it's supposed to be, make the film version even more fearsome than in comics. The DC villains have definitely fared better on film than the marvel ones.

#38 Posted by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: No doubt about it I thought Bane was great from beginning and middle but at the end I felt they dropped it once Bane was just revealed as just a patsy to Talia and not the true threat I found his presence less intimidating and Talia was just a utter disappointment. I found Avengers did it better you knew right off the bat Loki wasn't in charge and that someone far worse was behind it. That even in victory the Avengers were still in the dark who the true villain was. But to each their own I thought Dark Knight was still far better over DKR.

#39 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.