#1 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw Arrow's rendition of the Royal Flush Gang and it wasn't bad but there was not one ounce of the technological powers that the RFG is known for. Agents is doing the same thing over at Marvel.

#2 Posted by HumanRocket (7396 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio: Its just the way comic book movies are being made right now. The stories and concepts come from the book themselves but the writers and the producers are going to change things up like how marvel is going to be doing in the Avengers Age of Ultron with Stark being the one who creates Ultron. The writer and directors are going to use the information from the comic but there going to change it a little bit.

#3 Posted by JetiiMitra (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say that AoS is doing the same thing. The Centipede threat is still going on, and the show ties in pretty nicely with IM3 and the Avengers for powers. With Arrow, though, they're trying to have that be realistic in the way of the Nolan trilogy. Powers just don't make sense in it. Of course, they're getting Flash later, so that's going down the drain, but I find a show about a human vigilante dealing with human threats pretty interesting.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

Budget restrictions. ..the special effects required to do super powers convincingly on tv are to expensive

#5 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Then it shouldn't be in the genre of superhero is all,if it is at least put a real villian from Arrows "rogue gallery". At least Bats had Bane,Joker,Al Ghul and even scarecrow in Nolan's.

#6 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5271 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio: And Arrow has Ras Al Ghul, Bronze Tiger, Deadshot and China White.

#7 Posted by JetiiMitra (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Then it shouldn't be in the genre of superhero is all,if it is at least put a real villian from Arrows "rogue gallery". At least Bats had Bane,Joker,Al Ghul and even scarecrow in Nolan's.

I never said it was. Either way, Slade Wilson will most likely get meta-human enhancements soon, Flash is going to show up sometime, Count Vertigo is comparable to Scarecrow, Malcolm Merlyn is comparable to Bane and al Ghul, and there's no real substitute for Joker, but I've made my point.

#8 Edited by Cjdavis103 (8537 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio:

mostly because they are trying to go for more "realistic" and "relatable" characters

#9 Posted by Pr0metheus (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio:

mostly because they are trying to go for more "realistic" and "relatable" characters

Flash

#10 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8537 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

Because good SFX are expensive as hell and bad SFX are bad for ratings.

#12 Posted by Theformermarionettegeist (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Money.

#13 Edited by Pr0metheus (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

You said they are going for more realistic and relatable characters.

They are planning to introduce Flash sometime.

How is Flash relatable or realistic?

#14 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15028 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't really mind the "Canary Cry". I thought it was pretty cool.

Would rather they focus on her Martial Arts anyway

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (81527 posts) - - Show Bio

Superpowers and even some tech stuff are downplayed because displaying superpowers requires more money due to special effects.

#16 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Arrow is doing a different take on the DCU. Just because the Royal Flush Gang were super in the comics doesn't mean they had to go that route for the show. In fact, The Royals are such minor characters that it doesn't even matter. Not to mention, the Royal Flush Gang were different groups of people each time they showed up, and they were more and more super each time they appeared. There's nothing from keeping another family of criminals from being copycats like they usually are in the comics and for them to have powers this time.

Besides, it's clear from the start that Arrow was supposed to be a superpower free show before WB and DC decided to tie it into their greater cinematic universe with the inclusion of the Flash.

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus: Being relatable doesn't mean he has to be realistic.

#18 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2192 posts) - - Show Bio

You said they are going for more realistic and relatable characters.

They are planning to introduce Flash sometime.

How is Flash relatable or realistic?

Flash can be plenty relatable. They're relatable via personality quirks, way of life, family drama, and all of that stuff, not via their superpowers or whatnot.

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Budget restrictions. ..the special effects required to do super powers convincingly on tv are to expensive

#20 Posted by Spideysense44 (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

They are gonna start using heroes who have simpler powers like they are doing with the Netflix package coming to Marvel (Luke Cage and Daredevil for an example)

#21 Posted by Wolfrazer (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

Hence why another reason I prefer animation..

#22 Posted by Knightfall225 (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

More realistic

#23 Posted by BlackWind (5483 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: The relatability thing or the budget thing? I stand by both statements.

#25 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

I would post the Flash Gordon theme, but I'm on mobile at the moment. Maybe some other time.....

#26 Posted by kgb725 (5798 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends Heroes they had guys who were walking nukes. But other shows will have something simple like Tk or magic

#27 Posted by LyraFay (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too expensive unless it was on HBO but still. That's why animation is still always the best place for superheroes.

#28 Posted by LyraFay (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosismad: That's only a rumour, we still don't know if DC/WB are doing that or if they are doing that.

#29 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

They are gonna start using heroes who have simpler powers like they are doing with the Netflix package coming to Marvel (Luke Cage and Daredevil for an example)

I'll bet they never show Danny's chi energy or it'll probably look really sh!$?y.

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

There are only two options here:

1. The creators are trying to make the TV Show look more realistic and with unrealistic gadgets or powers that cannot be well explained they just don't happen.
  2. And the other one is that they don't have a big enough budget.
#32 Edited by Bruxae (12568 posts) - - Show Bio

It all boils down to money.

#33 Posted by Spideysense44 (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44 said:

I'll bet they never show Danny's chi energy or it'll probably look really sh!$?y.

oh god i really hope it doesn't look horrible :( and i hope they don't just ignore his powers and just say he is a martial artist

#34 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio said:

@spideysense44 said:

oh god i really hope it doesn't look horrible :( and i hope they don't just ignore his powers and just say he is a martial artist

Now that you mention it,they'll probably just call him fist or the fist...LOLOLOL

#35 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Budget

#36 Posted by Spideysense44 (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44 said:
@jeanralphio said:

@spideysense44 said:

Now that you mention it,they'll probably just call him fist or the fist...LOLOLOL

LOL!! I could really see them doing that sadly

#37 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Things will look nonsense and cheesy if they made it the same level as comic.