#1 Edited by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's a recent movie and it's about Superman but come on, compare it to Iron Man and IM3, which made way more money for obvious reasons and still had some controversial stuff for comic book readers.

So what the hell? Is anyone else tired of this s**t? I like Superman and all but this is way too much. Every day I see a new MOS topic and chances are they're all about the exact same thing. If you're late to the MOS party, too bad. Just post on the topics and articles that already exist, whatever you want to say chances are it's not worth yet another new topic.

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (45681 posts) - - Show Bio

There are so many Man of Steel threads because it was controversial. It was the same with Iron Man 3 two months ago.

#3 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Actually, no. Compare their forums, Man of Steel has like 3 times as many topics as IM3 has. It's ridiculous, it's pointless and it's pissing me off. Also, I get pissed off very easily but that's not the point.

#4 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Actually, no. Compare their forums, Man of Steel has like 3 times as many topics as IM3 has. It's ridiculous, it's pointless and it's pissing me off. Also, I get pissed off very easily but that's not the point.

Lol I understand and it has somewhat annoyed me as well. But this thread surely isn't helping.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (26051 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at the irony of this thread.

#6 Posted by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS actually beat IM1 in the box office, and MoS is better than than IM CBMs, imo.

#7 Posted by XImpossibruX (5253 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry, the hype will end and DC will be scratching their heads wondering why Superman couldn't come close to Batman, Ironman or Avengers.

#8 Edited by MonsterStomp (20513 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Superman is more iconic! Get over it.

I don't even care who has the biggest box office to be honest. So long as Snyder has enough funds to produce another film.

#9 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: That had me laughing too. "How can I put a stop to all these Man Of Steel threads? Wait....why dont I create a Man Of Steel thread! Brilliant!"

#10 Posted by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't compare a first movie to a trilogy, that's not far. You have to compare the 1st movie with another 1st movie.

#11 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the film was polarising to Superman fans. Some liked the film more than others and some didn't. Thus, as things happen on the Internet, much discussion and arguing took place. Circle of Life man.

#12 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

Not seeing what the problem is you could just not pay it any attention it's that easy.

#13 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (6106 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody notice the irony here?

#14 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the controversy with IM3 again?

Oh....the Mandarin plot twist......

With MoS people are mad about him not staying true to character.

#15 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83: @redlantern23: @the_stegman: @novi_homines: I don't see how this thread is somehow ironic. I'm not talking about the movie or the character themselves, I'm talking about the fact an overabundance of topics pisses me off. Not the same thing at all.

Still, what I'm hoping to accomplish with this topic is to stop those other topics from being made. It's like freeing a lion to kill a bunch of rabid dogs, you can easily kill the lion then with a sniper shot.

@lvenger said:

Because the film was polarising to Superman fans. Some liked the film more than others and some didn't. Thus, as things happen on the Internet, much discussion and arguing took place. Circle of Life man.

That's not an excuse, just post your thoughts on the official review in the site or that other article. People think their thoughts on that one moment of the movie (because let's be honest, they're all about the same thing) deserve a topic of their own. Sorry fellas but your opinion isn't that important.

Also, there's been a lot of "Why doesn't everyone love Superman" kind of threads around lately, those piss me off as well.

Don't worry, the hype will end and DC will be scratching their heads wondering why Superman couldn't come close to Batman, Ironman or Avengers.

Because it's a reboot of a not-so-successful film series? Missing the point much?

#16 Edited by 14NC3 (1794 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Last year was the same thing with Avengers and Batman.

#18 Posted by RDClip (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83: @redlantern23: @the_stegman: @novi_homines: I don't see how this thread is somehow ironic. I'm not talking about the movie or the character themselves, I'm talking about the fact an overabundance of topics pisses me off. Not the same thing at all.

Still, what I'm hoping to accomplish with this topic is to stop those other topics from being made. It's like freeing a lion to kill a bunch of rabid dogs, you can easily kill the lion then with a sniper shot.

@lvenger said:

That's not an excuse, just post your thoughts on the official review in the site or that other article. People think their thoughts on that one moment of the movie (because let's be honest, they're all about the same thing) deserve a topic of their own. Sorry fellas but your opinion isn't that important.

Also, there's been a lot of "Why doesn't everyone love Superman" kind of threads around lately, those piss me off as well.

@ximpossibrux said:

Because it's a reboot of a not-so-successful film series? Missing the point much?

Hmm.

And your opinion about their opinions is important?