Why are there so many Death Battle haters?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I love Screwattack's Death Battle. It's a fun show to watch and I enjoy it, even if the person I'm rooting for doesn't always win.

...Today I looked at the comments for some of their videos...

SO MUCH BITCHING AND COMPLAINING!

There were just so many people complaining, going on about how dare their favorite character died in the battle (and I'm not just talking about the Goku vs. Superman episode) or how dare a character kill another (apparently they don't know what Death Battle means) or my personal favorite where there are always a couple of people who go on about how much they hate Death Battle!

Seriously, WTF is with these people?! It is a simulated battle between two fictional characters that states who is more likely to win in a fight to the death, created for entertainment! It's not killing off the actual character and it doesn't make them any less of the character that they were before, so why complain about it so much?

It's rare that we have anything that can give a plausible answer to our hypothetical battle questions. Don't try to make them stop just because you don't like it. If you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT!!!!!

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By RedAlert539

Fanboys arguing over their favourite fictional characters fighting each other. Really, how more immature can it be? It's why i ALWAYS avoids such kinds of threads, videos, arguments etc. Nothing good or useful can come out of those.

So to the op: it's sad but it's the reality. If you still want to keep watching these things then you should be prepared to put up with all the immaturity.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cause they're grossly bias. Peach beat Zelda. Let that sink in.

Beata

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Because It's Youtube.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: I honestly don't understand why people care so much. Like why does someone's opinion on a character ruin your opinion?! I agree with you completely! I love screw attack.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: Because logically (video game logic) Peach could never beat a warrior like Zelda.

Another example, Riptor vs Yoshi. Should i even have to explain this one?

Beata.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I watch it for the comedic value, not the results. Although truth be told I agree with most, probably 60-70% of them.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

For the most part, some people raised eyebrows at their outcomes (Rogue beating WW? come on now) but the real catalyst was them saying Superman beat Goku. Now, scorn DBZ fans hate them. Some take it too seriously, but to me it's no more or less valid than any other nerd's opinion on who'd win what.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spidey_jackson: You underestimate the marioverse, their competitors are typically restrained by a reliance on somewhat real life physics and realism in general.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

I would say it's because they use character's high end feats as a basis of comparison. And yeah, maybe those feats happened but it's not something a character typically does or is capable of doing consistently.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: By video game logic, Zelda should be a 2 tonner. Abd Yoshi would need a PIS mountain to beat Riptor.

Beata.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimj87d

@aros001: my problem with screw attack is how they do their analysis. They throw a lot of fancy numbers around, but to the science community, it's a bunch of bs or wrong assumptions. If they actually knew what they were talking about, their analysis would be totally different.

They just don't do a good job fairly analyzing almost anything and everything. The dude with the constipated voice is quite annoying also.

I agree it's very entertaining, but don't use it in your debate on the battle boards that's all.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Their videos can be bias which can rustle people's jimmies

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy the videos and ignore the comments for the most part. If I agree with the video, I enjoy. If I don't agree with it I still enjoy, but disagree and move on. My friends in real life watch it to, and we talk about it.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Please explain how the scientific community would analyze the fights correctly then.

Also, again, I'm not seeing any bias in the fight between Peach and Zelda. I can understand how some of the stats may seem weird but I have yet to see any instance where they've given a character a completely unfair advantage that they didn't already have (don't say Thor vs. Raidin because Thor is quite overpowered naturally compared to him).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I actually enjoy it.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one I really didn't agree with was the Luigi vs Tails one. The fact that they didn't let Luigi use all the powers that he uses because they weren't unique to him yet let Mario use them verse Sonic was pretty stupid.

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SonDeathEater

They analyzed a feat that was done in a dream world.DREAM WORLD *cough* *cough* Luigi *cough* *cough*.Not to mention a feat from a very vague game(Tails).

But seriously,they don't have much understanding on some stuff like outliers,lifting=/=striking, logic etc.

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Their videos can be bias which can rustle people's jimmies

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Do they even make videos anymore?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

@slimj87d: Please explain how the scientific community would analyze the fights correctly then.

Also, again, I'm not seeing any bias in the fight between Peach and Zelda. I can understand how some of the stats may seem weird but I have yet to see any instance where they've given a character a completely unfair advantage that they didn't already have (don't say Thor vs. Raidin because Thor is quite overpowered naturally compared to him).

I don't want to get into that as I honestly do not have time, studying for certification exam and getting ready for comic con.

I'll give you a comic book explanation. They state a lot of characters can fight at FTL because they can fly at FTL. Flying at FTL doesn't mean you can combat or fight at FTL. Black Adam for example can only run at Mach 500, meaning he sure the hell can't move his limbs at light speed and battle at those speeds. There's also a scan where Superman flies and begins to go past light speed, but the scan also says he cannot perceive what is going on anymore as his mind is left way behind proving that he doesn't battle like how lets say the Flash does who is actually capable of fighting at light speeds and above. Flash is capable of running, moving and throwing his limbs at FTL and his mind matches those speeds also.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Alright, that's fair. Though I don't remember any of the fights taking place at the speed of light.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

cuz no one likes to die...

or watch others die...