#1 Edited by sromero78 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not to into DC Comics so please excuse my lack of knowledge on this topic, but i've been watching the TV show Arrow and i couldn't help but to that some of the main villains he was after were Batman villains like Deadshot, Firefly, Huntress, Solomon Grundy, and I hear Ra's A Goul is going to appear. So are these people also Green Arrow villains or?

#2 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6294 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they're better and more well-known.

#3 Posted by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

They want the show to be a success and no one cares about Ollie's related characters. It's a good show and I like it....... but, damn is it just basically Batman dressed up as Green Arrow.

#4 Posted by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Huntress is more of an anti hero, and some of the others may have started as bat villains but over time they've appeared in plenty of other books.

The villains they use in the show span the entire DCU like brother blood, bronze tiger, deathstroke, etc And there are GA rogues too like merlyn, count vertigo, the dodger, etc

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Because most of them aren't Batman villains. They're villains of the DCU who occasionally go up against Bats

#6 Edited by Wolverine08 (41341 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they are the danger!

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I wouldn't say they are batman villains, aside from R'as of course, but if there is any reason as to why batman's adversaries appear on the show is because they are well known and probably attract long time fans.

#8 Posted by lifeofvibe (3475 posts) - - Show Bio

@sromero78: mostly because a lot of green arrow villians just so happen to be green arrow villians if not justice league villians or even teen titan villians the only villians I know he does have is another arrow master and vertigo

#9 Posted by entropy_aegis (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

Because most of them aren't Batman villains. They're villains of the DCU who occasionally go up against Bats

Excuse me? Dollmaker,Firefly,Nyssa,Huntress and Deadshot are Batman characters,even Bronze Tiger debuted in a Batman comic,Grundy though he's been everyone's villain from time to time.

#10 Edited by Superguy1591 (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Dollmaker, Grundy and Bronze Tiger aren't Batman villains. That leaves only 3 Batman villains since Huntress is not a villain. This show is trying to open up the DCU and use other heroes and villains in the show... like Flash.

#11 Posted by lifeofvibe (3475 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591: dollmaker is a batman villain and bronze tiger is part of the league of assassins

#12 Edited by DoctorXander (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them except Ra's are not ones that non-comic fans will instantly recognize as Batman villains, and they're just trying to get a variety of characters in it.

#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Dollmaker, Grundy and Bronze Tiger aren't Batman villains. That leaves only 3 Batman villains since Huntress is not a villain. This show is trying to open up the DCU and use other heroes and villains in the show... like Flash.

The Dollmaker that showed up in the show is a Batman villain,BT achieved fame for killing a Batman love interest,and more recently he's been showing up as a villain in Red Hood,I wouldn't call him a Batman villain but his fame comes from history with Batman. Huntress likewise may not be a villain but she's firmly a Batman character.

#14 Posted by Xwraith (17564 posts) - - Show Bio

There aren't that many Green Arrow villains to begin with.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of three: Count Vertigo, Onomatopoeia, and Komodo.

#15 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16875 posts) - - Show Bio

who cares as long as the show is good (and it is.)

Many villains tend to fight more than just 1 hero anyway. where they originally appeared is irrelevant.

#16 Posted by sichii___ (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Only a handful are exclusive Bat villains but the rest are pretty much everyone's bad guys (except Huntress who's an anti-hero and had some adventures with Oliver himself (notably Flashpoint arc and Justice League series)... There can only be so many villains Arrow can pick since they have/had a no super-powered humans policy for Starling.

#17 Posted by The Stegman (24060 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, the villains they chose don't have to be "just Batman villains" Ra's Al Ghul is a global threat, as is his daughter, Deadshot is a hitman for hire, he goes where the job takes him, Grundy doesn't have to be tied down with Batman and Huntress is her own person. I can get if someone from Arkham suddenly shows up, like Scarecrow or Joker, then yeah, I'd raise an eyebrow, but so far, I'm fine with the villain choices.

#18 Posted by JediXMan (30395 posts) - - Show Bio

Huntress is more of an anti hero, and some of the others may have started as bat villains but over time they've appeared in plenty of other books.

The villains they use in the show span the entire DCU like brother blood, bronze tiger, deathstroke, etc And there are GA rogues too like merlyn, count vertigo, the dodger, etc

However, Brother Blood and Deathstroke are (were) primarily Teen Titans villains.

#19 Posted by redleader1 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: but Grundy is a gotham based character as he started in Alan Scott's green lantern era. Which was in gotham.

#20 Posted by Jphu8414 (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

Not trying to bash Ollie here but the Simone reason is that the Batman villains are more well known