#1 Posted by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

are the writers racist against fat people or something?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33384 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't think of any good reason. People come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so comics could reflect that if they wanted to.

#4 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard for fat people to fight crime

#5 Posted by RogueShadow (10695 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by VoodooPenguin (999 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Edited by Z3RO180 (6538 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Maggie from Love and Rockets........

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Because fan boys like to live vicariously thru comic characters while at the same time forgetting that most of us have no room to judge

#11 Posted by The Stegman (24375 posts) - - Show Bio

Because most heroes are perfect physically. All women have bodies that are almost impossible to obtain (large breasts, yet still having a slim and tone figure) and most men have six packs and are devilishly handsome. There's fat people in our world, we read comics for escapism.

#12 Edited by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Same reason that you don't see very many plus size models. Because as a people we think that if you dont look a certain way then there is something wrong with you. And that my friends is crazy because there is a multitude of beautiful plus size ladies and fat dudes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#13 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17479 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom Eve is Invincible's fiance and pregnant with his child - and she's pretty chubby. (and its not only because of the baby)

Zephyr in Harbinger is one of the main characters and she's pretty obese actually.

#14 Edited by Billy Batson (58024 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by FearTheLiving (3093 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you see some of the people that visit these forums? Their standards are so high even the some of the overly sexual looking woman that most woman can't even think to stand up against aren't good enough for them. "She-Hulk is green ew." or "I don't like her mole."

However I am all for more diverse characters in general, just I'd say companies/writers/artist are afraid to take chances like that at least when it comes to major characters.

#16 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13135 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: @the_jackolantern: @joshmightbe: @jonny_anonymous:

Pretty much this. Most comic readers read comics to fulfill their own fantasy and if certain people clash with said fantasy they have to stay away,

@norrinboltagonprime21: he didn't ask for a fat superhero. He asked about a fat love interest

#17 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7986 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be because of the medium's lack of overweight people in general.

#18 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not fat at all. Chunky, but not fat.

#19 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Being fat is associated with being unattractive in mainstream media unfortunately. I will admit, things are more tolerable then they were 50 years ago.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of fat people, I miss fat Amanda Waller. The skinny model look sucks and it robs her of authority IMO. She isn't supposed to be hot, she's supposed to be a tank of a woman that looks like she could knock Batman on his ass not some masturbatory fan boy fantasy.

#21 Posted by RetconCrisis (3852 posts) - - Show Bio

Same reason that you don't see very many plus size models. Because as a people we think that if you dont look a certain way then there is something wrong with you. And that my friends is crazy because there is a multitude of beautiful plus size ladies and fat dudes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#22 Posted by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

are the writers racist against fat people or something?

Stop being so PC.