#1 Edited by theraven44 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I have once posted a topic in battle forum, and it was just destroyed. Really curbstomped. I am new to all this. I had no idea it was mismatched. I honestly thought, and still believe my match was a good one. I don't read the comics, I just learn through hear say and movies and reading various threads. I feel that marvel has a ton of oxymorons as far as facts go. For one. Juggernaut is supposed to be unstable in a charge. So how is it possible that he has been stopped? Come on? So if you take away powers that are granted only in a certain universe. Just toe to toe here in our galaxy, no other universe, i think my battles make sense. For instance. Thanos gauntlet only works in a certain universe right? Like if he fought a DC hero or villain, the gauntlet does not work correct? So basically. Take away all the well if this was here and he or she was there and had a certain thing or some crap like that. Just everyone at their strongest that they can ever be. No limmitations on where they have to be or stuff like that. I have a few questions. Well actually a 1000. But I will only ask a few, as i do know i am new here. Remember everyone is at the strongest. and yes ( i know the hulk gets stronger but just him at his starting level and maybe if he lasted until he got stronger??)

1. Who really can kill the hulk. I mean end him. He is no more?

2. How strong is Green Lantern? Really? Could be beat the hulk? Superman? Silver surfer?

3. Could the Justice league defeat Thanos at max power. I believe the avengers where only able to escape?.

4. Who is the strongest character evil or good in marvel and DC. And who would win between the two Also i am given to understand that Post crisis superman is like crazy strong... can he be beaten giving my parameters?

Please just help a guy out who loves intense battles. I also will be posting this thread in Battle forum. Expect to get torn apart there.

#2 Posted by MaccyD (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Thanos, Galactus, Odin, pretty much any godlike being.

2. Since new 52 Green Lantern has been made weaker and in a fight with Superman he barely survived.

3. Probably. My DC knowledge isn't too good but Thanos is very similar to Darkseid, which the Justice League have defeated several times.

4. In Marvel it's the God above all/One above all (forget which). There's a lot of godlike beings in both universes which means you'd have to be pretty specific when asking that question.

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19907 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Lowest? Thor maybe... Superman for sure!

2. @maccyd: Green Lantern could beat Hulk, and stalemate Thor. No way is he beating supes or silver surfer. Also Green Lantern wasn't down powered, supes has been greatly overpowered.

3. Yes

4. Superman Prime one Million vs Living Tribunal

#4 Posted by MaccyD (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: This was the younger Superman who got knocked out by a train, he was way more underpowered than usual back then.

#5 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Who really can kill the hulk. I mean end him. He is no more?

The Weakest Heroes that could kill him would probably be Thor or Green Lantern. So anyone above Thor or the Lantern (Silver Surfer, Superman, Sentry, Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Wonder Woman, etc)

2. How strong is Green Lantern? Really? Could be beat the hulk? Superman? Silver surfer?

The Surfer would ruin his day. Without getting into universal level beings, the Surfer and Martian Manhunter are probably the most powerful heroes in their respective universes. Superman has totally embarassed Lantern on multiple occasions, because the ring relies on the speed of thought and Supes is millions/billions of times faster than that. Besides, he's been known to break pure will constructs.

3. Could the Justice league defeat Thanos at max power. I believe the avengers where only able to escape?

Depends on what you call max power. The typical league line up would crush most versions OF THE AVENGERS (which I think is your real reason for asking), but get stomped by Thanos w/ the Gauntlet who was second only to the One Above All.

4. Who is the strongest character evil or good in marvel and DC. And who would win between the two Also i am given to understand that Post crisis superman is like crazy strong... can he be beaten giving my parameters?

One Above All in Marvel and the Presence in DC, both are essentially avatars of the Judeo-Christian God. The "Creator" if you will.

#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19907 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: yeah I guess I'm being dumb, but half was pretty new back then too.

#7 Edited by Pokeysteve (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

@theraven44:

I don't read the comics, I just learn through hear say and movies...

I got as far this. To answer the thread title, to those of us that DO read the comics, this has become extremely common and it gets frustrating when debating a battle and someone references Earths Mightiest Heroes or a Spider-Man movie. Those aren't the versions used in battles unless specified.

Most people here aren't being mean on purpose and have just lost their patience. It's understandable because most of that is in the battle forum rules which 90% of new people don't bother to read.

#8 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: I think your point is fair, but I really do want our hobby to catch on. So maybe, as tiring as it is, we should try to continue being patient and offer a warmer welcome to new people, and encourage them to start reading the comics. Thats what the movies and cartoons and things should be encouraging people to do, seek out the source.

This guy at least admitted to being new, people who are new but try to hide it are the only ones I cant stand.

@maccyd said:

@allstarsuperman: This was the younger Superman who got knocked out by a train, he was way more underpowered than usual back then.

Not exactly, the Supes that pounded him could fly and already had the kryptonian armour, so this is clearly after Metallo's invasion. Getting beat by Supes isnt the most shameful thing in the world.

#9 Posted by Pokeysteve (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: I think your point is fair, but I really do want our hobby to catch on. So maybe, as tiring as it is, we should try to continue being patient and offer a warmer welcome to new people, and encourage them to start reading the comics. Thats what the movies and cartoons and things should be encouraging people to do, seek out the source.

This guy at least admitted to being new, people who are new but try to hide it are the only ones I cant stand.

I really agree with you here. The movies and toons are what got me into reading them for that exact reason. I wanted to read the source. It's just so darn hard sometimes you know lol

#10 Posted by theraven44 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you everyone that replied. This has actually cleared up a great deal of confusion regarding certain things. Again I am taking a stab in the dark, but isn't the superman that is in Justice League, pre crisis, and post crisis is a crap ton stronger. So Could PC Superman take on Thanos with the IG again, given the parameters that it doesn't have to be in a specific universe.

#11 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@theraven44: So I'm presuming you posted under a different username than your current one? Having only two posts under your belt and having them both here in this thread leads me to this observation. But, to answer your questions:

1. I mean,

I imagine anyone with reality altering powers to this extent could pull off something similar. Like, say, an AvX magic boosted Scarlet Witch for example. Maybe.

Without touching on Skyfather (Odin, Zeus), omnipotent and other such beings though, the list shrinks quite quickly. I'm not so sure Superman could kill Hulk so easily. The only thing I could think of is if Supes would just drop Hulk in the Sun or a black hole, but I imagine Hulk would be fighting the entire way there, assuming they ever got off planet.

Perhaps anyone with strong telepathic abilities (Xavier, Frost, Martian Manhunter), could potentially just erase his mind completely and turn him into a vegetable. Pure fistfighting though? I nominate Cythonna.

2. Once upon a time, Green Lantern constructs actually meant something. Now,

But he could never beat Silver Surfer. Ever.

3. Thanos power, by himself, without any Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube, or Heart of the Universe? I'm pretty sure the JL could do something about it. It's Thanos's cunning you have to deal with. But, again, JL could deal with a "normal" Thanos. However, if he ever got his hands on the above listed items, technically, he should be invincible.

4. DC's The Presence is actually supposed to be the Judeo-Christian God, ya know, the One who created existence?

Marvel has One Above All, although pre-retcon Beyonder was said to be the most powerful being in comics, period.

However, a fight between omnipotence is ridiculous.

Post-Crisis Superman (Superman from 1986-2011, also known as Modern Age or Diamond Age) wasn't the all-powerful one. It's Pre-Crisis Superman you gotta worry about. Look up "silver age superman" in Google.

In terms of addressing your aforementioned thrashings on the Battles Board, did you ever read the Battles Bible? Make sure you're not posting battles that were

a) done before (search google, the Vine's search forum isn't that great)

and

b)look up the characters first. Go to wikipedia, or even try out comicvine's wiki for characters. Saying you have ignorance over certain characters shouldn't prevent you from doing your own research.

#12 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668:

You do know Hulk's body reversed the transmutation imposed him.. Then Ko'd Domorrou by clappping his hands against his head right ? If you didn't.. Just letting you know !

#13 Posted by chunjacktao (334 posts) - - Show Bio

because juggernaut fanboys are dumb as hell, herp derp not even TOAA can stop Juggernaut herp derp.

#14 Posted by JediXMan (29518 posts) - - Show Bio

Um... not to come off like a jerk, but why are you posting under an alternate account? Because the account you are currently using has never posted in the battle forum.

#15 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668:

Honestly don't know ! Haven't read the comic myself.. I've seen that scan used numerous times against Hulk in the battle boards, and then somebody would post the next scan of Hulk KO'ing him.. No ones has ever posted another scan saying Hulk had help shaking off the mutation or that the scans are out of order, but it really doesnt matter because its consistent with his showings. Hulks countered transmutation twice before.

#17 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio