#1 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to know why people are mad that Kurse beat up Thor, in the comics the dude's defining characteristic is his ability to kick Thor's ass. Seriously that's the only thing he's famous for. That's like being mad at the Batman movie because Bane broke Batman's back.

#2 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

I thinks its more how Thor didn't even get a chance to fight back at all and have Loki save him.

#3 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire point of the fight was to be a curbstomp battle. Kurse's entire point is being one of the few people who Thor can't even fight back effectively hand to hand. Anyone who whines about it forgets just who Kurse is.

In terms of Thor's rogue's gallery, the only one who's even more of an unstoppable brute is Mangog and the Destroyer armor.

Although in the MCU the Destroyer armor seems to be more of an Asgardian Drone Tank than the walking weapon of mass destruction it was in the comics, while Kurse is well...Kurse.

#4 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kurse fight was actually my favorite scene in he movie. And overall I liked the movie (though I liked the first Thor a little more).

#5 Posted by Lvenger (20036 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: People are complaining about the Kurse fight? That was the best fight scene of the movie IMO. Like Thor fighting Doomsday. It was established that Kurse was basically near unkillable in the movie itself. Now I need to find out more about his comic counterpart.

#6 Posted by Cap10nate (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish the fight had gone on longer. It was a great chance to have an extended melee fight scene but it barely lasted longer than the scene of the people dropping the bottles and keys through the portal.

#7 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I thought the end battle was brilliant. Very creative and had some good laughs.

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse was a better villain in the movie than Malekith even though that he had 3 words of dialogue throughout the movie. His stances, expressions, and movements had more of a personality than Malekith ever had.

#9 Edited by Lvenger (20036 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Same here but the Kurse battle was way more tense and brutal making it the superior fight along with the awesome owning of Thor by Kurse.

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget: Same here but the Kurse battle was way more tense and brutal making it the superior fight along with the awesome owning of Thor by Kurse.

I thought it was good but over far too quick.

#11 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22334 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be mad if he didn't kick Thor's ass.

Kurse was a better villain in the movie than Malekith even though that he had 3 words of dialogue throughout the movie. His stances, expressions, and movements had more of a personality than Malekith ever had.

Quoted for truth.

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Mostly its just movie fans who are pretending to be Thor fans I think, for instance one I guy I heard complaining about it thought Kurse was an orc.

#13 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Mostly its just movie fans who are pretending to be Thor fans I think, for instance one I guy I heard complaining about it thought Kurse was an orc.

Bro, does he even fantasy?

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Just saying any real Thor fan should have at least some passing Knowledge of who Kurse is. As far as I'm concerned its like claiming to be a Batman fan and having no idea who the Penguin is.

#15 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I mean, even just knowing the basic tenets of the fantasy genre should help you tell Orcs and Dark Elves apart.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: From a physical standpoint I could understand someone who didn't know who he was mistaking him for a troll or an ogre tho.

#17 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw that in the "Thor 2...I mean Dawson's Creek sucked!!" thread.

#18 Edited by RustyRoy (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed.

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: I automatically discounted all his further arguments after he said that.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people are complaining.I liked the battle and I think that it was pretty intense even though it ended up pretty quickly.

#21 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was great. My only complaint seems to be that the weaponry for Asgard was weird. Using magic medieveal weapons but having anti jet Cannons and the Fact that the Dark Elves essentially use human-esque weapons kinda turned me off. Then again, I can't fault the creators for making human archetype-weapons.

#22 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

There was nothing wrong with Kurse in this movie.

People are dumb.

#23 Posted by PotatoOfDoom (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

There was nothing wrong with Kurse in this movie.

People are dumb.