Why a batman origin should be in mos2

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1 it is a great story and deserves to be told over and over with other actors

2. There are so many ways to do it that it is different every time. Also if they let us decide for ourselves with some things like his first outing that would be great and I won't to see Snyders take on it

3. The need to tell a origin for a charector is important there are to s of things the average movie goer does not know and it is a good way to show batmans philosophy. Also it's this or they make a whole movie as an origin which people might not like

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager
  1. it may be a great story, but its also one of the most widely known origins stories ever told. People know why Batman is Batman. People don't need to be told every time.
  2. It might look different but the story is still the same. Look at Avatar and Dances with Wolves. Plot point for plot point its the EXACT same story. And yet one has native americans and one has aliens.
  3. Will they include a couple Flashbacks? Probably. But we dont need to get a the full story. Its been told several times. People know it.They just wana see Batman being Batman.
PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By PapiNacho

I really hope not.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. it may be a great story, but its also one of the most widely known origins stories ever told. People know why Batman is Batman. People don't need to be told every time.
  2. It might look different but the story is still the same. Look at Avatar and Dances with Wolves. Plot point for plot point its the EXACT same story. And yet one has native americans and one has aliens.
  3. Will they include a couple Flashbacks? Probably. But we dont need to get a the full story. Its been told several times. People know it.They just wana see Batman being Batman.

Agree on all points.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: can you explain I want to see everyone's ideas on it

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PapiNacho

1. While it is a great story MOS2 is not just a Batman film, Superman needs at least equal screen time and they can't give him that if they tell Batman's story.

2. To make the story different for the sake of inclusion would make this a worse film because they would be forced differentiate it and probably cut many of the iconic parts from the story. I.e the "great power" line in ASM.

3.The average movie-goer already knows/doesn't care about Batman's origin. Continuity is a secondary issue for them. A proper origin movie if done should thus be done later after they already see old Bruce being a badass. It would gain more by being like AO, a prologue after some successful movies that make viewers want to see Batman's origin again.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I agree that it needs to be told, just not in MoS2. People know who Batman is and they know why he's Batman, so I don't feel we need to clutter up Superman and Batman's first big screen team-up by retelling an origin everyone already knows. I feel that they should save Batman's origin for his next solo movie and let it be told there where it would be organic whereas it would feel forced in MoS2.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By redleader1

@papinacho: 1. Right but its not like the press gets that I saw an article that said " in preparation of the new batman film that also will have superman in it"

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redleader1: Perhaps but what the press thinks is inconsequential, we are talking about making a good movie that will not only entertain, but also lay the foundations of the DCCU. The movie must convince WB it would be profitable to make spinoff movies with both characters and hopefully more.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: I am just hoping to see the year one thanks father I shall become a bat moment or their a superstitious cowardly lot

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redleader1: At the very least the second line has a fair chance appearing.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Commander_Kane

What I say they do is throughout the movie, Batman has some fuzzy flashbacks of his origin during MoS2 to build a little common ground. Use them in key dialogue sequences that relate to part if his origin.

Then the first new Batmsn solo film should show you the origin from its beggining, scene for scene.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

None, we know who Batman is. Have maybe a Flashback like in Burton's Batman.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: yes but there is a story to tell every time year one or the classic one both great burton does not understand bats

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: yes but there is a story to tell every time year one or the classic one both great burton does not understand bats

We need to focus on MOS 2 plot, having Batman there alone is already dividing the movie, we don't need to spend a large amount of time just to show Bruce Wayne watching his parents die, travelling the world, returning to Gotham and becoming Batman, that's a movie all by itself. Have a flashback showing this and that's all you need.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I understand but if they are making it more batman is better than everyone stupidly then it would be better that they at least have bits of it also I forgot to put it back on but my question was to set up a batman origin movie and I never said I think they should but people saying it is always the same origin get under my skin

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about a quick flashback with the credits the way incredible hulk did and do it the way loeb did it in superman batman #1with a side by side of both characters origins

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Batman's origin was told about 7 times in the movies, I think we all get it. His parents were shot.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it's Supermans movie not batmans

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikex20 said:

Batman's origin was told about 7 times in the movies, I think we all get it. His parents were shot.

This seriously....everyone knows(like Superman's) Batman's origin story...we don't gotta have it shoved down people's throats anymore it should be implanted in their brains by now.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikex20: you then don't get it there is so much to it so many versions the point of the charector is that it's not that they got shot but more like it had to happen so the bat could crash through the window it is so much more than that

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@binski said:

How about a quick flashback with the credits the way incredible hulk did and do it the way loeb did it in superman batman #1with a side by side of both characters origins

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By mikex20

@redleader1: That can be summed in 2 minutes of dialog between Superman and Batman.

Batman: When I was a kid, my parents were gunned down in front of me, then as an adult, a big scary flew in my widow.

Superman: Shut up bitch, my whole planet blew up.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could deal with maybe a flashback or a reference to his origins but I don't think it should be told again, its Batman and Superman, clearly sh*t is going down!

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This video is my entire opinion on the matter. The less Batman in Batman Vs. SupermanMan Of Steel 2,the better.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

To be fair, thanks to Nolan, everyone thinks Batman trained with Ras Al Ghul for 7 or 8 years now. His most recent origin couldn't be further from the source. I agree with your overall point and they should leave the origin out. Flashbacks are ok. I think they already said this Batman would be more experienced. Affleck isn't exactly in his 20's.

This video is my entire opinion on the matter. The less Batman in Batman Vs. SupermanMan Of Steel 2,the better.

Wow is that pretty accurate. I think Batman has to do more than throw a batarang but all in all he is, by FAR, the easiest character to do. The toughest being Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter.

AmazonieSPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Batman shouldnt be in MOS 2 so...

AmazonieSPL

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Everyone knows who Batman i, and if someone doesn't, they must have lived in a cave all their life. It should not be included and should be saved for when Batman gets his own new movie or reboot.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good stuff, my thoughts exactly.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

No.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Why do we have to show the origin? I'm tired of rewatching origin stories that all tell the exact same story. Why isn't it enough to have it mentioned and move on?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no batman does not need a f*cking orgin. seriously im tired of the orgin in general being redone for any charachter

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RustyRoy

The less Batman in Batman Vs. SupermanMan Of Steel 2,the better.

Not gonna happen cause WB knows how to make money. That's why Batman is in MoS 2 Batman vs. Superman.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here, I'll help out and get the scene out of the way for the writers-

Superman: My god, you're Bruce Wayne!

Batman: MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!! I'M BATMAN!

End scene

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

They can just do a brief flashback to his origin while Bats is talking to Superman because everyone should know of his past by now.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TazzMission

End scene

till this day im amazed no villain has ever dug up bruces parents and messed with his head like that you know what i mean?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This is one of the things I hate about the general public, everyone screams they want to see something new and then they ask people to show them the same old s**t. Make up your f**king minds people you can't have it both ways.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TazzMission

This is one of the things I hate about the general public, everyone screams they want to see something new and then they ask people to show them the same old s**t. Make up your f**king minds people you can't have it both ways.

agreed!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alkusanagi said:

End scene

till this day im amazed no villain has ever dug up bruces parents and messed with his head like that you know what i mean?

Ra's al Ghul did.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

There is absolutely no good reason to retell Batman's origin in Man of Steel 2.

Even the thought of doing so is preposterous.