• 74 results
#1 Edited by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

With the new Beware The Batman show one thing about it that was a slight disappointment was the voice acting by the lead actor. The fact that the premiere episode focused on the difference between Bruce Wayne and Batman. Sadly the voice wasn't different despite Bruce being a target of the From and Pig dudes.

Kevin Conroy and the 1992 animated series is possibly the best comic cartoon series based along on the popularity the show leading to a box office release. But just the distinction of hsi voices as Bruce and Batman make him my favorite voice actor in comic books. Then again he didn't maintain such a distinction in other series. In fact he used the same voice on every other show that he used staring from Batman Beyond on Justice League all the way to the DVD release. Kevin was in Apocalypse right?

Way what I'm saying is that he's my favorite but he's tied with Christopher Daniels Barnes on the 1994 Spider-Man show. Josh Keaton was good on Spectacular but for a small framed teenager he sounded just a bit too old. His voice resembled Rino Romano on "The Batman".Ooh I hated damn that show.

Any way guys what's your favorite voice actor on an animated comic series.

Oh one more entry: The entire 90's X-Men show cast. IMO the best cast show comic history. I mean almost everyone of them was even used in the Capcom games.

Cal Dodd as Wolverine = FTW

Tell you never said "Berserker Barrage"?

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (44951 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Blum as Wolverine in Wolverine and the X-Men. The guy is so awesome as Wolverine, I read Wolverine comics in his voice!

#3 Posted by judasnixon (6908 posts) - - Show Bio

Kristen Schaal......

#4 Posted by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Judasnixon Good pick. Not someone I remember on an animated comic series but way to post an actress I personally want to pound wide open.

So what show do you like her on? Cause I don't get into Bob Burgers but I like her on the Daily Show.

Oh and @Wolverine08 I'm more of a Cal Dodd person mainly because I use old X-Men shows for Mugen game audio rips. Plus I'm 31 so in 1995-98 I was in those pizza parlors breaking dollar bills to play. Hell i got the name Ace from posting high scores.

#5 Posted by judasnixon (6908 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6514 posts) - - Show Bio

Diane Pershing, the woman who did Poison Ivy on Batman: TAS. Still the only actress to get that character right.

#7 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Casey kasem as shaggy in the original scooby doos was INCREDIBLE! An seth mcfarlane as roger in american dad o an patrick warburton in venture bros.

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (44951 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved all the voices for the Turtles and Casey Jones in TMNT 2003.

#9 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill!

Well, pretty much any voice actor in Batman TAS did amazing. Harley, Ivy, Alfred, Gordon...

#10 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11794 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Blum as...whoever the hell he wants to be

#11 Posted by mightyrearranger (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamill's Joker and Clancy Brown's Lex always rock.

Add Jeff Combs as The Question to that list.

#12 Edited by JulieDC (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Matthew Valencia as Robin (Tim) from BTAS, and Evan Sabara as Robin (Dick) from The Batman.

#13 Edited by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever did the voice for Peter Venkman in the first Ghostbusters cartoons (I think he did the voice for Garfield in Garfield and Friends too). I could look up his name I guess....

EDIT: His name was Lorenzo Music

#14 Edited by Perethorn (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan Green as Mewtwo

#15 Posted by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

@OptimusPalm Hey yeah Lorenzo I remember him on those shows. Cartoon show voice wise I'm quite fond of Jim Cummings on countless shows.

Just as far as comics alone growing up I loved him as Darkwing Duck and Negaduck. ell he did a great Herb Muddlefoot. Also I liked him on the Spider-Man as Shocker. I was actually watching him in this Aiien Costume episode.

Comes full circle with Disney buying Marvel and incorporating the two brands. Cause man Jim on the "Disney Afternoon" alone = ftw.

#16 Posted by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

I also liked:

Micheal Jai White as Doomsday

Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor

James Blendick as Apocalypse

Earle Hyman as Panthro

Roscoe Lee Brown as The Kingpin

and

Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime

#17 Posted by RDClip (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

Patrick Warburton in Venture Bros. and Jon Benjamin in Archer.

#18 Posted by HumanRocket (8887 posts) - - Show Bio

Clancy brown

#19 Posted by ThanoStomp (794 posts) - - Show Bio

The dude who plays Cyborg on Teen Titans is hilarious.

#20 Edited by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon show voice wise I'm quite fond of Jim Cummings on countless shows.

Just as far as comics alone growing up I loved him as Darkwing Duck and Negaduck. ell he did a great Herb Muddlefoot. Also I liked him on the Spider-Man as Shocker. I was actually watching him in this Aiien Costume episode.

Comes full circle with Disney buying Marvel and incorporating the two brands. Cause man Jim on the "Disney Afternoon" alone = ftw.

Always loved him...

also loved June Foray, Bill Scott and many others...

I would say Mel Blanc, but I have a problem about his contract forcefully excluding everyone else who voiced Looney Tune characters (such as June Foray among others) from being credited. I liked his voices, but that contract was something I despised when I first learned about it...

#22 Edited by Supreme Marvel (11267 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Conroy. Michael Ironside as Darkseid. Brian Drummond as Vegeta. Petrea Burchard as Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo franchise).

#23 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamill's Joker hands down.

#24 Posted by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket:

As Lex Luthor or somebody else I didn't mention?

#25 Posted by SoA (5094 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Blum as Wolverine in Wolverine and the X-Men. The guy is so awesome as Wolverine, I read Wolverine comics in his voice!

me too !!!

#26 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been a fan of Laura Bailey. I admire a lot of Jason Liebrect's work, and I absolute loved James Arnold Taylor as The Flash in the last episode of Young Justice.

And of course Mark Hamill.

#27 Posted by HumanRocket (8887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ace_thunder:

mr Krabs (spongebob)

Captain black (Jackie chan adventures)

Odin ( avengers EMH)

Otto ( super robot monkey team hyper force go)

#28 Posted by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16:

Laura Bailey and Jason Liebrect?

What voices did they do Buddy?

#29 Edited by Wolverine08 (44951 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa said:

@wolverine08 said:

me too !!!

The dude was just born to voice Wolverine. *Salutes*

#30 Posted by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Ironside as Darkseid

Man I would loved to have him in that Apocalypse movie instead of Andre Braugher.

#31 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16:

Laura Bailey and Jason Liebrect?

What voices did they do Buddy?

They both voiced characters in the series Darker Than Black (Amber and Hei), and they've done other voice work too, but that's probably my favorite for both of them. I'm probably biased since I love the show so much, but the way Liebrect delivered a lot of Hei's lines just oozed badassery. And Bailey's work as Amber made me fall in love with the character almost immediately, I actually went back and re-watched scenes where she spoke just to hear it. Amber had a problem of aging backwards as a result of her powers, so throughout the series she would gradually become younger, physically, but her intellectual capacity remained constant and she still had many mature conversation, which I felt Bailey handled masterfully, sounding noticeably younger after each transformation, but still consistently mature. That was impressive to me.

#32 Posted by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by HumanRocket (8887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ace_thunder: haha thanks and yah he's i a lot of things I never knew about before.

#34 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6460 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an odd choice, but whoever voiced Groot in that Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode was great. It was exactly how I imagined him being voiced.

#35 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Lenore Zann as Rogue. There can be no other.

#36 Edited by Joygirl (20119 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't spell Mark Hamill without Arkham.

#37 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

For comic shows: Jeffery Combs for his performance of the Scarecrow and The Question, Mark Hamill for the Joker, and Arleen Sorkin for Harley Quinn

Non comic shows: Phil Hartman for Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz and Harry Shearer as Marvin Monroe. I'm a big Simpsons fan....

#38 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6264 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime is the best answer.

#39 Posted by RustyRoy (13523 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamill's Joker.

#41 Posted by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

John De Lancie as Discord.

#42 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

BTAS and JL had so many iconic voices for me. Definitive. They're the voices I hear in my head when I read those characters.

#43 Posted by comicace3 (6338 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever played night wing in young justice goes in my book. And Kevin conroy, Mark Hammil's joker will always be iconic.

#44 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11267 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire team of Dragon Ball Abridge.

DODGE!

#45 Edited by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

So if I said Mark Hamill sucked as the Joker how many people hear would shoot me?

You know what weird thing is? After Jack Nicholson, he was the Joker in the 90's and and early 2000's till Heath.

Could you imagine if there was a Joel Shumacher interpretation of him? Yikes.

Sad thing is there's no Heath Ledger caliber performance of Lex Luthor and Man doesn't Superman need one with these movies lately.

Maybe Nolan's sequel will finally bring one the greatest villains in comics to life finally.

Hey what did you guys think of John Dimaggio's take in Red Hood?

While were at it, Hamil's Joker in Mask Of The Phantasm alone?

Man he killed Tesio from the Godfather in that one.

Even booby trapped his body like a Iraqi insurgent. Damn!

#46 Edited by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Phil LaMarr as Martian Manhunter, Kevin Conroy as Batman. Also, Corey Burton as Cad Bane (google it).

#47 Edited by dondave (38771 posts) - - Show Bio

Greg Cripes in every role

#48 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Conroy as Batman.

#49 Posted by The Stegman (25452 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Conroy obviously.

But also, every voice Tara Strong has ever done..and there is a lot.

#50 Edited by Ace Thunder (416 posts) - - Show Bio

But also, every voice Tara Strong has ever done......

Ok so so which Tara Strong voice is your favorite?

I liked Toot from Drawn Together and Timmy Turner.