#1 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4791 posts) - - Show Bio

Just curious to see what people think. Technically this isn't a battle so how about I widen the horizons? Characters can be from comics, anime, manga, fantasy and sci-fi or anything else I may have forgotten.

#2 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by _slim_ (13051 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes to Armless Tiger Man.

Silver Samurai is very good, but Wolverine (albeit after some training) was able to see openings in his style. As for Swordsman, he was chumped rather easily by Moon Knight (twice), so I imagine he's down the list a bit ;)

Staff
#5 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime I'm not familiar with those two. Could you give me a little info?

#6 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4791 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slm_ nice picks!

#7 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not the best but I'm going with Leonardo. Does being a turtle disqualify him from "swordsman" ?

#8 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yai_lnn not at all! The more the merrier!

#9 Edited by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime I'm not familiar with those two. Could you give me a little info?

Ok Swordsman (DuQuesne) "The first Swordsman was Jacques DuQuesne. Along with Trickshot he helped train the Avenger known as Hawkeye. Swordsman was caught stealing money from the circus where all three men worked as performers. Hawkeye attempted to report Swordsman to the police only for his one-time mentor to beat him half to death. Swordsman left the circus afterwards and began a career as a mercenary. He was well trained in acrobatics, with uncanny agility and was considered one of the best swordsman the world has ever known. Swordsman's sword was created by the Mandarin from Mukluan Technology. It served as a melee weapon by shooting energy blast of various types, as well as flames and gas." Swordsman (Jarvert) "The second Swordsman, Philip Jarvert was from alternate universe/Earth-921 and was briefly a member of Earth-616 Avengers. He is romantically involved with Magdalene. They were both part of a group called the Gatherers, who sought vengeance by killing all the Sersies across the multiverse for destroying their time-lines. That is until he turned to the side of good and Magdalne would soon follow suit. Later Jarvert and Magdalene would become Honorably members of the Avengers. After helping the Avengers and Squadron Supreme fight Imus Champion they entered a portal to find another earth to call home." Hope this helps.

#10 Posted by antiwhipped (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan.

#11 Posted by Referee (6293 posts) - - Show Bio

Zorro

He at least should get a shout out.

#12 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime. They both sound like cool characters. Definitely sound like masters of the sword. Thanks for the info!

#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming someone doesn't go all "drunken fist" on him, I imagine Mr. X would be incredibly tough to best in a sword fight.

Staff
#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32167 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't it be Zealot?

#15 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Are Ronin(Marvel) or Katana(DC) considered one of the select few?

#16 Posted by Vorien79 (88 posts) - - Show Bio
Lion-o
He-Man
Kull
Nightcrawler
Blade
Conan
Zealot
#17 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vorien79 nice picks and pics! Surprised nobodies brought up Gorgon, Deathstroke or Taskmaster yet. Manji from Blade of the Immortal is a beast as is Jubei Kibegami from Ninja Scroll.

#18 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody in comics is a better swordsman then Samurai Jack

#19 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19885 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^

#20 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@antiwhipped said:

Conan.

#21 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

In Comics:

Katana

Zealot

Ra's Al Ghul

Nightcrawler

Wolverine

In Anime/Manga:

Samurai Jack

Rurouni Kenshin

Most Bleach characters

These characters are known to use swords and are exceptional at the skill.

#22 Edited by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster most likely. Even if there's someone technically more skilled them him, he'd be able to master their techniques just by watching them for a few minutes.

#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

Taskmaster most likely. Even if there's someone technically more skilled them him, he'd be able to copy their techniques just by watching them for a few minutes.

Didn't work too well on Mr. X ;)

Staff
#24 Posted by blackwolf0925 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Can videogames count: Hibiki Takane

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Zealot.

#26 Edited by Mr_Winchester (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Vorien79 nice picks and pics! Surprised nobodies brought up Gorgon, Deathstroke or Taskmaster yet. Manji from Blade of the Immortal is a beast as is Jubei Kibegami from Ninja Scroll.

Gorgon and task master I would imagine are the best. Task master copies you'r fighting style and adjusts. Gorgon sees it happening a little earlier than you actually do it I think??

EDIT: Midnighter with a sword would be deadly!

#27 Posted by Gibbet (617 posts) - - Show Bio

People from star wars comics

#28 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4791 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwolf0925. Sure why not! The more the merrier!