• 81 results
#1 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^

#2 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (627 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster. He can copy anyone moves, right? He may not have the power behind it but skill wise, he's their equal. And since he can copy multiple peoples' moves, that makes him the most skilled. Put him in a room with Captain America, Batman, Iron Fist and Karate Kid....he'll come out unstoppable. Just my opinion.

#3 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@IfDCRuledTheWorld said:

Taskmaster. He can copy anyone moves, right? He may not have the power behind it but skill wise, he's their equal. And since he can copy multiple peoples' moves, that makes him the most skilled. Put him in a room with Captain America, Batman, Iron Fist and Karate Kid....he'll come out unstoppable. Just my opinion.

taskmaster can copy moves as long as he can handle them, he definitely can't handle Karate Kid's skills.

#4 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenshiro Kasumi, he can kill with a touch. Watch fist of the north star.

#5 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14189 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: Yeah, kenshiro is definitely a contender.

But this guy has a great shot, too:

when it comes to skill, he's one of the top tiers for sure. (And by the end of manga, kenichi might've taken his place)

#6 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@Nelomaxwell: Yeah, kenshiro is definitely a contender.

But this guy has a great shot, too:

when it comes to skill, he's one of the top tiers for sure. (And by the end of manga, kenichi might've taken his place)

Idk. Kenshiro is the ultimate ass kicker. I don't think Hayato can do what he can do. 
 But I'll sweeten the Pot. 
Baki Hanma.

#7 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

Idk. Kenshiro is the ultimate ass kicker. I don't think Hayato can do what he can do.
Baki Hanma.

Fuaaaaa, Baki. Definite badass

#8 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raizex said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

Baki Hanma.

Fuaaaaa, Baki. Definite badass

Word.
#9 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1: what can he do? what are his best feats?

#10 Posted by hart7668 (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Well, while it wasn't shown, the jiujutsu master (Koetsuji? idr) said he could reduce anyone to cosmic dust (although, this may be exaggeration/poor memory). But, I'm not sure if that's power or skill. Power through skill? Ehh.

Even with pure martial arts, I'd have to put Goku in this discussion (senza Super Saiyan, Kaioken, spirit bomb etc, etc..) This guy could learn anything and his manipulation of Ki is astounding. Of course, that's where skill vs power comes in. Is someone powerful because of their skill, or does their own power allow them to learn any skill? I'd like a distinction to be made from the original poster please.

#11 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668: skill and power are seperate, Goku had training so that he could achieve becoming an excellent fighter.

and achieving skill through power isnt allowed here, since you could put on galactus here and say through his immense cosmic power he could make himself master of martial arts.

#12 Posted by Wolfrazer (4933 posts) - - Show Bio

in ALL of fiction? Well thats hard to say, I don't think its ever been said who out of all of fiction in games, comics, books, tv, movies etc is the most skillful fighter.

#13 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

in ALL of fiction? Well thats hard to say, I don't think its ever been said who out of all of fiction in games, comics, books, tv, movies etc is the most skillful fighter.

yes in all of fiction, and of course there is no written fact about who is the most skilled fighter in fiction just state your opinion, that's all.

#14 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

I think description vs. feats plays a big part here. For example, most "facts" saying Batman is the most skilled fighter on Earth are descriptions of the character, or statements - but there have been moments that such a statement has been disproved. It could be a wash though, because I can see the flaw in both (descriptions could be purely fluff to sound good in some sort of encyclopedia/guide, while events in the comics are always subject to being only a tool of making a story interesting/advancing the story - and unless the same outcome is consistently shown, it's pretty much up to the reader which one they want to believe. Even though Batman is non-powered, if you take the peak of what he's described/shown as (peak human + best fighter), there shouldn't be a single non-powered person who could even challenge him in hand-to-hand combat -- yet there's been times he's struggled (or at least, had to put good effort in) versus humans who are not among the elite fighters in DC. If you're the most skilled fighter and the strongest & fastest man...that shouldn't happen).

#15 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Samurai Jack

#16 Posted by Blackice709 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonathan Joestar ;)

#17 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Immortal777 (5874 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Kenshiro is the safest bet since the Hokuto Shinken is a plot device.

#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku

#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingsloth said:

Samurai Jack

He's good but he's not one of the top fighters. If it was about swordsmanship than yeah he would be a top contender.

#21 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blackice709 said:

Jonathan Joestar ;)

he badass, but Dio is better in boxing

#22 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@rolldestroyer said:

@hart7668: skill and power are seperate, Goku had training so that he could achieve becoming an excellent fighter.

and achieving skill through power isnt allowed here, since you could put on galactus here and say through his immense cosmic power he could make himself master of martial arts.

Does this mean that taskmaster is out, since nearly all of his skill comes through his power?
#23 Posted by Avenger85 (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotto give it to Snake Eyes. You guys need to read IDW's G I Joe. The stuff he does is INSANE. My fav ninja since I was a kid lol.

Also Guts from Berserk comes a close 2nd IMHO.

#24 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@rolldestroyer said:

Does this mean that taskmaster is out, since nearly all of his skill comes through his power?

yes

@Avenger85 said:

I gotto give it to Snake Eyes. You guys need to read IDW's G I Joe. The stuff he does is INSANE. My fav ninja since I was a kid lol.

Also Guts from Berserk comes a close 2nd IMHO.

while comic book version of snake eyes is impressive the cartoon version is even more impressive especially sigma 6.

#25 Posted by hart7668 (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Well, I mean, a lot of them had to train to become the best. Hayato Fuurinji didn't come out the womb being as strong as he is. But if it's pure skill we're talking here, I'd still put Goku NEAR the top (not necessarily numero uno). The number of techniques he has is quite a list, even without his biological power ups. While Taskmaster can learn something by just seeing it once, Kenshiro (and any legitimate Hokuto Shin Ken successor) can learn any martial art through a technique called Suieishin "Water Reflection Spirit." It is a move that does what Taskmaster does, essentially. And, after reviewing the list of techniques that Kenshiro has mastered through Hokuto Shin Ken, I'd say that Kenshiro is the most skilled out of fiction.

#26 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman. Personally though all of fiction is alot.

#27 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

@rolldestroyer: Well, I mean, a lot of them had to train to become the best. Hayato Fuurinji didn't come out the womb being as strong as he is. But if it's pure skill we're talking here, I'd still put Goku NEAR the top (not necessarily numero uno). The number of techniques he has is quite a list, even without his biological power ups. While Taskmaster can learn something by just seeing it once, Kenshiro (and any legitimate Hokuto Shin Ken successor) can learn any martial art through a technique called Suieishin "Water Reflection Spirit." It is a move that does what Taskmaster does, essentially. And, after reviewing the list of techniques that Kenshiro has mastered through Hokuto Shin Ken, I'd say that Kenshiro is the most skilled out of fiction.

alright, though taskmaster can't actually copy every move, he can only copy moves that he can handle.

@lilben42 said:

Wonder Woman. Personally though all of fiction is alot.

wonder woman is not even close to being the most skilled in DC much less all o fiction.

#28 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: yeah she is, she is more skilled than everyone on earth.

#29 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

not even close karate kid, cassandra cain, batman, lady shiva, bronze tiger, david cain, deathstroke, nightwing and many many more simply outclass her in fighting skills

#30 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Batman said himself Diana was the best fighter on Earth. So yeah she's the best.

#31 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@rolldestroyer: Batman said himself Diana was the best fighter on Earth. So yeah she's the best.

that doesn't necessarily make it true, batman himself was stated couple of times being the best martial artist in the world but we all know this isn't true since karate kid surpasses him, we go by feats and by feats Diana wont even make it to the top 40 in DCU. Yes she is a good fighter but not one of the best.

#32 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: By feats, what feats do you have by Batman or Deathstroke that makes them better.

#33 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: When did they state that all three times?

#34 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Hong Kong Phooey takes this. ;)

#35 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@rolldestroyer: By feats, what feats do you have by Batman or Deathstroke that makes them better.

mastering 127 martial arts, stalemating karate kid twice, beating lady shiva,etc.. and deathstroke beat batman (though deathstroke is enhanced but still).

#36 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: That doesn't mean anything Wonder Woman has been fighting for over 100 years. Batman mastering 127 styles just means he mastered more. Beating Lady Shiva and Karate Kid doesn't mean anything because I don't think Wonder Woman has been stated to be less skilled than them.

#37 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@rolldestroyer: When did they state that all three times?

world's most skilled combatant:

the most highly skilled fighter in the world

#38 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: That looks like Post crisis, is it?

#39 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@rolldestroyer: That doesn't mean anything Wonder Woman has been fighting for over 100 years. Batman mastering 127 styles just means he mastered more. Beating Lady Shiva and Karate Kid doesn't mean anything because I don't think Wonder Woman has been stated to be less skilled than them.

LOL you do know that karate kid has mastered every martial arts in existence right? this guy could take on kryptonian level beings with pure martial arts, he's just a human and he can beat wonder woman with her full powers. karate kid could hold his own with PC superboy (who could lift planets) and stop an earthquake with a kick all with pure skill. even post crisis can do insane feats like that. Shiva (or cassandra) probably comes second to KK. Wonder woman being less skilled than kk and shiva isn't even debatable, she isn't anywhere near them in skill

#40 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@rolldestroyer: That looks like Post crisis, is it?

yes it is post crisis

#41 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: I know about his feats. He's the best martial artist but that doesn't mean he is the best fighter.

#42 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Has Batman ever said it himself?

#43 Posted by blur99 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Champion.

One of the oldest beings in universe. Purely focused on fighting.

#44 Posted by Pokeysteve (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

@IfDCRuledTheWorld said:

He can't copy their thought process. If what you said was true than he'd be undefeated. Deadpool beat him, Elektra beat him, and I'm sure there're more.

@rolldestroyer said:

@lilben42 said:

not even close karate kid, cassandra cain, batman, lady shiva, bronze tiger, david cain, deathstroke, nightwing and many many more simply outclass her in fighting skills

Bronze Tiger is essentially featless and gets talked up. Nightwing doesn't belong in that sentence either.

LOL you do know that karate kid has mastered every martial arts in existence right? this guy could take on kryptonian level beings with pure martial arts, he's just a human and he can beat wonder woman with her full powers. karate kid could hold his own with PC superboy (who could lift planets) and stop an earthquake with a kick all with pure skill. even post crisis can do insane feats like that. Shiva (or cassandra) probably comes second to KK. Wonder woman being less skilled than kk and shiva isn't even debatable, she isn't anywhere near them in skill

KK can't take on Kryptonian level beings. He can simply survive for a little while. He can't actually hurt them. All he does is toss them around, literally. Stopping an earthquake, destroying ice and all that other pounding on the planet that he does, is in no way a fighting feat. He was barely getting the better of Batman that one time where as both Shiva and Cass have shown to better against him. I do agree Wonder Woman isn't the best fighter and I also agree because it's due to lack of feats.

#45 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve: Well I said personally.

#46 Posted by judasnixon (5432 posts) - - Show Bio

The Master of the flying Guillotine....  

#47 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur99 said:

Champion.

One of the oldest beings in universe. Purely focused on fighting.

His claim is very iffy, in his initial showing he does 'boxing' and in fight with she-hulk he does 'boxing' then lost

#48 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@rolldestroyer: I know about his feats. He's the best martial artist but that doesn't mean he is the best fighter.

i didn't say he is the best fighter, and no he isn't the best martial artist either.

@lilben42 said:

@rolldestroyer: Has Batman ever said it himself?

not that i know of.

#49 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

@lilben42 said:

Bronze Tiger is essentially featless and gets talked up. Nightwing doesn't belong in that sentence either.

KK can't take on Kryptonian level beings. He can simply survive for a little while. He can't actually hurt them. All he does is toss them around, literally. Stopping an earthquake, destroying ice and all that other pounding on the planet that he does, is in no way a fighting feat. He was barely getting the better of Batman that one time where as both Shiva and Cass have shown to better against him. I do agree Wonder Woman isn't the best fighter and I also agree because it's due to lack of feats.

Bronze tiger actually defeated batman on more than one occasion purely h2h. so no he isn't featless. Nightwing was trained by batman in several martial arts, he also defeated jason todd, ra's al ghul and even stalemated cassandra cain.

Karate kid actually can take on kryptonian level beings, he can even hold his own and defeat some of the members of the fatal five, he beat bested superboy on more than one occasion, he also broke objects that even superboy himself couldn't break. he can also detect weak spots in people and in objects that he exploits. he once detected in an alien carrier (which was very huge) and oneshots it with a punch.

#50 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster....he can do anything he can see and he has seen alot. from earthly martial arts to that of the kree.