#1 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's the Most Iconic Female Avenger? And Why?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp

she wasn't powerful when compared to her teammates but still proved valuable and memorable throughout the years

my opinion

#3 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp, she was the first one, and I think she is cute.
Ms Marvel seems popular now, and she is great, isn't she?
She-Hulk, she is kinda known, but she never was that great (as far as I know).
Black Widow would be popular now because the Movie, and is great because she is everything I would like in a strong female hero.

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she was a prized member of the team before it all went to hell in a handbasket years ago.

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel.

#6 Posted by wintersupersoldier (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Ms. Marvel.

#8 Posted by JediXMan (30321 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, when I think female Avenger, I think Wasp. I know they want Ms. Marvel to be their Wonder Woman, but it doesn't work.

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Wasp she wasn't powerful when compared to her teammates but still proved valuable and memorable throughout the years my opinion

'Look at bottom of the scan on the left. She actually seemed to give Thor pain....first time i seen her do much lol.

#10 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Really, I can't say other than it varies and by whom the company is spotlighting and when? They seem to shuffle that a bit. Though notably Spider-woman and She-hulk are more so household names outside of the comic readership, and were long before Marvels current feature film success. Currently we're seeing Ms.Marvel and Scarlet Witch pushed in the Super Hero Squad show, and of course Black Widow as the defacto female Avenger spotlight in the films. Like I said, it really varies by what generation, or even by year? Not really any different from how it's handled with the X-Men.

@jeanroygrant:

I don't know why but this makes me really happy.

#11 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp. She named the team.

#12 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9003 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

I agree I think Wasp is the most iconic female Avenger

#13 Posted by GREGalicious (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a hard one but I do know my three contenders are:

1. WASP - I really consider Janet to be the first lady of the Avengers. Until they killed her off, she was extremely valuable, stylish, and had quite a cool and useful little set of powers. The last we saw of her, she was in Erebus, playing some kind of slot machine trying to gamble for her own resurrection. Hopefully it won't take her too long to win and regain her life.

2. MS. MARVEL - The brilliant Carol, who is kind of being pushed to become one of the faces of Marvel Comics has always been a favorite of mine. She has been through alien experimentation, altered DNA, stolen powers, stolen memories, altered powers, and so much more but she still presses on.

3. SCARLET WITCH - Magneto's girl, Wanda, may be my fav Avengers female. She has a sweetness and natural elegance about her that I really love. Lets not forget that she is ridiculously powerful as well. Her strange, unique, and unpredictable mutant/magical abilities make her a real rare case in the superhero world. She really proved she is a force to be reckoned with when her grief drove her completely insane and she caused terrible damage to the world. Damage that many are still trying to recover from several years later.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp or Ms. Marvel sound great to me.

#15 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

Really, I can't say other than it varies and by whom the company is spotlighting and when? They seem to shuffle that a bit. Though notably Spider-woman and She-hulk are more so household names outside of the comic readership, and were long before Marvels current feature film success. Currently we're seeing Ms.Marvel and Scarlet Witch pushed in the Super Hero Squad show, and of course Black Widow as the defacto female Avenger spotlight in the films. Like I said, it really varies by what generation, or even by year? Not really any different from how it's handled with the X-Men.

@jeanroygrant:

I don't know why but this makes me really happy.

LOL

#16 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nudeviking said:

OH GOD!!! I forgot about that!!!
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
Wasp or Ms. Marvel sound great to me.
#18 Posted by Malonius (884 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers icons are Cap, Thor, and Iron Man. There is no iconic female Avenger. They are all 2nd or 3rd string comparatively.

#19 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

I'm voting Janet.

#20 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Wasp she wasn't powerful when compared to her teammates but still proved valuable and memorable throughout the years my opinion

She also had the best costumes.

#21 Posted by jhazzroucher (15588 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that she is an avenger, Storm is the answer:

#22 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: I was pretty happy that nobody had said Storm and then I got to the last post in the thread...

Sorry but she's been a crap Avenger (not her fault, the fault of the crummy writer). All she's done is be unconscious or not appear.

As for the answer: Ms. Marvel. I'd love to say Wasp but that same crummy writer killed her off and she's been forgotten about in every book now.

#23 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel, I just associate her with The Avengers now.

#24 Posted by The Stegman (23936 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher: No offense...but Storm doesn't have to be the answer to every question on every thread... 

I say wasp, and I would have liked to see her in the Avengers movie instead of Widow 

and played by her 

#25 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp

#26 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Wasp is good.

For me it's Ms. Marvel. Pretty much the female version of Captain America (arguably, I know) and as an X-Men fan, I always pictured her when thinking of the Avengers. Her solo series, etc, show ups in random books - always made my think of her as the female representative of the Avengers.

My opinion.

My first thought was also Ms. Marvel, I love her and miss her. But I really have to say when I stop and think Wasp is a great choice.

#27 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Wasp.

@jhazzroucher said:

LOL, No.
#28 Edited by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

The first lady of the Avengers:

Sketchcard by Charles Hall

The first lady of the Fantastic Four:

The first lady of the X-Men

By Mike Mayhew

They will always be the iconic and signature of their group. The rest are just secondary but legends and icons in their own right and notorius fan base but not enough to say the first.

#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (14693 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp or Ms. Marvel.

#30 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp for obvious reasons. She is the first female avenger.

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm hasn't even been an avenger for very long and she hasn't done anything to justify her place on the roster.