User Lists: 0

Hulk is the strongest there iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Hulk is way stronger than Thor . Thor got his butt kicked by hercules on brute strength and Hulk whooped hercules

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor

Abbey_Meredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Abbey_Meredith

On a scale of 1-10, in strength, they're both 7

i have a book of all marvel comic characters to prove it

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209  Edited By Ondskapt666

Potentially incalculable, able to lift in excess of 100 tons

• Hulk (All Incarnations while in an enraged emotional state)
  • Thor

Source

Hulk's Superhuman Strength:

Hulk is physically one of the strongest and most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. His limitless strength usually depends on his emotions, especially his rage. Possessed with infinite gamma rays/energies from every dimension/universe in existence, the Hulk is in the Class 100 ton strength range, meaning that he can easily lift over the 100 ton limit. Hulk has the potential to truly be "The strongest one there is".

However, this may vary depending on the incarnation/persona, and also how angry the Hulk is at a certain point. It is well known that the angrier Hulk gets, the more stronger and powerful he becomes. It is a well known fact that Bruce Banner has always suppressed the Hulk and his power, if only out of fear of harming others... especially those that both Banner and Hulk hold dear. But there has been a few times that neither Banner or Hulk could control their fury, thus the result have been quite devastating to say the least.

Thor's Superhuman Strength:

Thor is physically the strongest of the Norse Gods, being the son of Odin and the elder goddess Gaea. Thor has shown strength in excess of the Class 100 and can lift well over 100 tons. He has demonstrated strength enough to destroy the board of the Silver Surfer, defeat Namor and Gladiator in hand to hand combat, challenge and defeat Abomination as well as match the strength of the Savage Hulk for an entire hour while Savage Hulk's strength was rising increasingly due to rage. Thor has matched Hercules in several contests of strength, although never overpowering him, and the two once even sent the planet they were on out of orbit while arm-wrestling. One of Thor’s greatest feats of strength was when he displayed the ability to lift the Midgard Serpent, which has stated to be so large that it could wrap itself around Earth several times and also crush it. On occasions Thor has shown the ability to destroy moons using his bare hands and can also destroy planets with his powerful strikes. He displayed this ability when he hit Beta Ray Bill so hard that he destroyed the planet that they were on. Thor has also been shown to be powerful enough to hit an enemy with such a force that a black hole was created and his opponent was sent right through it. This was what a young Thor did to Gorr The God Butcher. He has even showed many times that he can even cause the world-eater Galactus pain with his strikes. Thor usually holds back so that he does not kill his opponents or affect greatly the area in which they are in. Thor’s strength is comparable to beings such as Hulk, Hercules, Sentry and Gladiator. Sometimes more than this. Once, when asked who was stronger between the Hulk and Thor, Bruce Banner himself stated that that's an eternal debate.

It seems to me that they might be equal in strength. I don't think we will ever know who is stronger. Isn't that what Stan Lee wanted? I also think it's fun to wonder and debate about it. In the end, who really cares, let the debates go on forever! It's great to read these conversations!

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

When I first started comics, Thor seemed (and I admit..seemed) to be stronger. Now, they start using word alike incalculable and unlimited to describe Hulk's strength. But then when Hulk fought Abomination about year back, he stated Abomination was a foe that was "stronger than he was"..which made me say "How can anything can be stronger than unlimited strength"? So..I guess we're not supposed to know either way for certain.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is stronger, but he'd lose in a fight against Thor.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hulk is stronger, Thor is overall more powerful.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lee and Kirby made Thor to be stronger but Hulk got upgrades

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There equal

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By MrDevil

@nerdsftw said:

Explain...now.

Thor is stronger than Hulk but Hulk has limitless potential strength (goes by his rage and doesn't have a finite limit).

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@NerdsFTW said:

@SC: So it depends on the writer?

because if it up to me, Thor would be written as stronger. But other writers might have Hulk be stronger, and Thor as more powerful.

It depends on the writers, it depends on the editors and it depends on the readers and fans. It can depend on a lot of different things. When the two characters were created, comics were in large part more orientated towards children. As one can see when watching kids cartoons, consistency isn't considered a huge factor as far as contributing towards enjoyment factors. Even today consistency isn't really that valued comparatively. You have two fictional characters, you even have one fictional character, and their consistency won't be perfect. Stan Lee wrote Brice Banner as David Banner in one Hulk issue ages ago. Basically this means any character's actions are going to be prone to fluctuation. Even if you have characters perform objective, concrete examples of strength, because the character is fictional such things aren't the be all to end all. For creative reasons and potentially even in story reasons.

Frank Miller once said that fans make their own continuity and this is true in many ways. Some posters in this thread has referred to Stan Lee's original intent to have Thor be stronger than Hulk. Another has used Wolverine as an example that things change. Though one could point out that was in development as well as other things like Wolverine being a young teen and Wolverine having gloves with three claws. Except Stan Lee actually wrote Thor for a few years, Wolverine wasn't a mutated animal, or teen or glove claw wearing character in the comics. Modern writers don't think of Wolverine that way where many modern Marvel writers consider Thor like Stan Lee, but therein lies a posters/fans discretion.

I think it was 20 years after Hulk was introduced that a writer tried to implement the Hulk has no limits to his strength rule of thumb. Except in many ways thats more impressive sounding than it actually is. All things can increase their strength, if not naturally then artificially. Anything that increases or decreases also has to factor in time/measurement which is significant because having the potential for something (say strength) is outrageously, incredibly different from having that thing (strength) or having it rapidly. Complicating matters is that Marvel and DC isn't trying to sell facts, they are trying to sell stories. There is value for them having multitude of characters having incalculable strength levels.

No Caption Provided

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk. Def wwh.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#219 SC  Moderator

@mrdevil: Heh heh nice, I always think of that reference too!

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tie

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hulk is stronger and more durable.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By AgentofChaos1
GammaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malevolent1: thor was also supposed to be smarter than reed richards, and well...

GammaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk has waaaay better strength feats. He held together the tectonic plates of a planet, held up a mountain, drew blood from a hyperion that survived the collision of two universes, and grounded several 100+ tonners in a single punch in wwh, including hercules and she hulk. "he was holding back the entire time as stated later", he also held up the weight of a star in the indestructable hulk arc, which puts indestructable hulk at a strength level above superman. I cant think of a thor feat compares, then again i dont read much thor comics. Anyways it wouldnt matter, hulk has limitless strength.

Cap4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Cap4thewin

Physical strength hulk for sure

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By never give up

Hulk

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At base strength, Thor is stronger. When Hulk gets angry enough, he is stronger.

Always how I've seen it tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk has the potential to become stronger than Thor if he got mad enough. Hulk fanboys claim that Hulk has truly limitless strength, but they misconstrue the meaning of limitless. Hulk has limitless strength in the sense that his limits can get higher with no limit. Truly limitless strength means that Hulk could overpower/lift/move anything, no matter how heavy the object or how strong his opponent is, without literally any effort. Hulk does not have that kind of strength.

In my opinion, Thor should be stronger most of the time. He has a limit, but it is generally much higher than Hulk's, depending on how angry he is. The only times I can remember when Hulk was as strong or stronger than Thor was as World War Hulk and World Breaker Hulk. He may have been stronger on other occasions, but I don't remember any others. I'd say World War Hulk is just slightly weaker, but still could give Thor a tough time, while World Breaker is definitely stronger.

I know a lot of Hulk fans would say that he has beaten Thor up a lot. Many fans of Hulk bring up scans that are non canon, or do not include the entirety of the fight. Ultimately, it comes down to the writer. But in my opinion, if both were written properly, Thor would be stronger most of the time. This isn't a Thor fanboy speaking. I really like both characters, so I can give a rather unbiased opinion.

JordyTyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think for pure strength it would without a doubt be Hulk but in a fight where anything goes, Thor

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor until Hulk gets mad enough to overpower him.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#234  Edited By RealityWarper

Hulk

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thur.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku.

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By FOSTINOE

tie

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hulk is stronger.

Thor is more powerful.

KingKarate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In purely physical strength I'd say Hulk.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hulk is canonically more stronger now. This isnt up for debate anymore.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpockOClock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By SpockOClock

Hulk is physically stronger than Thor in lifting and striking. Been solidified by feats and Marvel themselves.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is physically stronger.

Thor is more powerful and versatile.

O__O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spockoclock:

Hulk is confirmed to be stronger physically on panel and by statements, but nothing suggest he strikes harder. In fact, by feats, Thor strikes harder.

Agreed.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spockoclock:

Hulk is confirmed to be stronger physically on panel and by statements, but nothing suggest he strikes harder. In fact, by feats, Thor strikes harder.

@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

Agreed.

This

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex said: