• 57 results
#1 Posted by Bezza (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

..I scan a lot of the character forums and there seems to be an awful lot of complaining about writers of comics...Waid's Hulk, Slott's Spiderman, Snyder's Batman, Azzarello's Wonder Woman, Waid's Daredevil, Lobdell's Superman and so on...l

So, just wondering who is happy with the person writing the comic involving their favourite character and which writer is it and which comic?

#2 Edited by danhimself (22276 posts) - - Show Bio

not me...but to be fair I'm pretty sure that the only way to make me happy with the way Superboy is written would be to bring back the Pre52

second favorite? yes...I'm one of the people who has loved what Slott is doing with Spider-man

#3 Posted by HumanRocket (7406 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm good with Matt Fractions writing Hawkeye.

I'm good with Hickman and all the Avengers (Thor, Black Panther, Cap)

Scott Synder is doing great work with Batman.

Rick Remender surprising is doing great work with Uncanny Avengers. (Thor)

#4 Posted by dagmar_merrill (6600 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the writers of Deadpool.

Not to fond of Batman currently.

#5 Posted by Knightfall225 (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott snyder is doing an excellent job , but I don't like Wonder Woman with Azzarellov at all , But that's just me

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32657 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Waid's Daredevil

I love Ellis's Moon Knight

#7 Posted by Project_Worm (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all into the the creative team on Deadpool right now.

#8 Posted by youknowwhattodo (894 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the second half of Higgin's run of Nightwing, DC editorial really did rob it of its potential with all the tie-ins.

Wait and see with Tim Seeley/Tom King, optimistic though.

#9 Posted by dagmar_merrill (6600 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32657 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: It's scary but I'm enjoying it. I'm not sure I like the Orson Randall''s daughter being killed but I know for a fact Danny isn't acting out of character like some people are saying

#11 Posted by comicbookfan93 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder on Batman, Azz on WW Lemire and Remender on Uncanny Avengers are killing it for me

Also I don't get the hate for Slott? Personally I like his run

#12 Posted by Superguy1591 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

pak on Action makes me happy and Johns will make me happy on Superman.

Azz's Wondy is entertaining.

Scott Lobdell is gone, so no more beating a dead horse from me.

#13 Posted by dagmar_merrill (6600 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: People are saying he's going to get his hands cut off. Not sure how I feel about that one.

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (38545 posts) - - Show Bio

Not me.

#15 Edited by Experio (14100 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to be demented to complain about Jason Aaron writing Thor, no one else could currently generate a greater story with the Thunder god.

Esad ribic as the artist is the icing on the top.

I'm definitely happy and hope both these guys stick with the character.

#16 Edited by daredevil21134 (10828 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!!! definitely not me

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32657 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: People are saying he's going to get his hands cut off. Not sure how I feel about that one.

Who is saying that? Not a big deal if he does since that happened to Steel Serpent as well.

#18 Edited by Cloakx14 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the current writers of Deadpool

i like Jonathan Hickman on New Avengers.

#19 Edited by dagmar_merrill (6600 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill said:

Who is saying that? Not a big deal if he does since that happened to Steel Serpent as well.

This.

A ton of people who saw

#20 Edited by ZeroPlus (2158 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one, who doesn't care about the writer, but instead enjoys reading comics ?!

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32657 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

This.

A ton of people who saw

Either that or he's cradling a dead body. But even if he does lose his hands it's not a big deal.

#22 Edited by dagmar_merrill (6600 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

Am I the only one, who doesn't care about the writer, but instead enjoys reading comics ?!

How does this work?

#23 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19943 posts) - - Show Bio

Kindt writes Eternal Warrior as an idiot. Johns & Romita on Superman and Millar finishing up Kick-Ass should be good though.

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32657 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

How does this work?

I used to be like that when I was younger and I didn't even look at the name on the cover 'coz I didn't know who anyone was lol

#25 Posted by Tensta (456 posts) - - Show Bio

I´m happy with Nathan Edmondson writing The Punisher.

Sure, it´s not my absolute favorite run ever but it got this classic feel to it which is nice and I´ve sorta been missing

#26 Posted by ZeroPlus (2158 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

How does this work?

Simple, I don't care about the writer, I barely even look the writer's name while reading a comic. I hardly know a few writers.

#27 Posted by dagmar_merrill (6600 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

@zeroplus said:

How does this work?

Simple, I don't care about the writer, I barely even look the writer's name while reading a comic. I hardly know a few writers.

So.. how do you know what to read?

#28 Posted by darkbeam (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

Well my favorite character is Cyclops so I'm pretty happy with he's first issue written by Greg Rucka.But I'm not so happy with Bendis work on him in All new X-Men and Uncanny X-Men.

#29 Edited by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

While Iron Man has never looked better on the silver screen, Marvel has pretty much sabotaged him in the comics for well over a decade. I do not blame any modern-era reader in the slightest for thinking of him as a complete and utter tool because that is the way the writers have consistently portrayed him for far too long.

Tony Stark has been reduced to:

1 - Hero that always takes the hated position in conflicts, and usually for no good reason.

2 - Punching bag that less popular heroes use to prop themselves up

3 - Genius that is made to look stupid to prop up other genius characters

I really hope RDJ never reads a current issue of Iron Man, he will likely never play the role again, and that would be a shame. His portrayal is as close to "classic" Tony Stark as one can find outside of deep digging in a back-issue bin at your local LCS.

#30 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

Very unhappy

#31 Posted by Billy Batson (57753 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

There are plenty of people who don't look at credits but you have to remember that the stories don't come out thin air. Why not read comics based on their creators, though? I bet you do that with other different mediums, no? You'd find more enjoyable work that way.

BB

#32 Posted by ZeroPlus (2158 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeroplus said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

@zeroplus said:

How does this work?

So.. how do you know what to read?

Recommandation from the others, seeking information for comics before buying them etc.

@zeroplus said:

There are plenty of people who don't look at credits but you have to remember that the stories don't come out thin air. Why not read comics based on their creators, though? I bet you do that with other different mediums, no? You'd find more enjoyable work that way.

BB

There are good writers that have written bad stories, and bad writers that have written good stories, so choosing comics based on the writer doesn't seem very logical. As I said above, I try get recommandations from the others about a comic and seek information before buying it.

#33 Edited by waezi2 (6806 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Yost NW so far.

#34 Posted by fables87 (939 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite solo superhero comic is Wonder Woman and I happen to like what Azzarello has done with the comic.

#35 Posted by Lateralus (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

I am loving that Bendis has moved Magik from the background and is really the star of the show in the Uncanny X-Men

#36 Posted by cdiddyman911 (2339 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the new Iron Fist comic

#37 Posted by longbowhunter (6739 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when it was first announced Jeff Lemire would take over Green Arrow I was over the moon. To have my favorite writer take on my favorite superhero after years of subpar stories I couldn't have been happier.

#38 Posted by War Killer (19961 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Snyder's run on Batman is currently my favorite to date. I just love his take on The Dark Knight and hope he stays on the book for the foreseeable future.

#39 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. Is it Geoff that makes batman look like a chump? Cuz I wanna say I'm not happy with him.

#40 Posted by HumanRocket (7406 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

I agree. Is it Geoff that makes batman look like a chump? Cuz I wanna say I'm not happy with him.

Basically. I find that was one of the big issues I have with Jones' JL series. I'll give him credit for making Steve Trevor an interesting character, but his writing of Bat's is...meh compared to other writers I have read.

#41 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

A writer I'm not familiar with won't scare me away from a book but I'll try something I wouldn't normally if its written by someone I dig.

#42 Edited by Jayc1324 (9294 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Snyder has the best batman since Grant Morrison.

#43 Edited by Bierschneeman (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite Character isn't being written right now...so no im not happy with who is writing him.

on another note...whos complaining about Wonderwoman and Batman, I have NEVER heard this before????

favorite character with an ongoing is Hawkeye....Fraction's Hawkeye is unreadable. I would use it exclusively to pick up dog poop in the park if I was rich enough.

but fractions abomination aside, Im generally satisfied with who's writing the comics on my pull list. theres a few that are not on my pull list I wish I was more into, but its not really the writer I dislike...its the settings, or the subject matter.

#44 Posted by kriminal (642 posts) - - Show Bio

love remender, but very disappointed in his cap since returning from dimension z. Hoping Zola's return will reenergize the run

#45 Posted by ccraft (5039 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm extremely happy.

#46 Posted by Xwraith (15226 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Lemire is one of my gods now.

#47 Posted by Xwraith (15226 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: I love Ross Campbell's art so much.

#48 Posted by ccraft (5039 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: He's great, his art is great for tmnt, arguable the best tmnt art.

#49 Edited by Bierschneeman (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

While Iron Man has never looked better on the silver screen, Marvel has pretty much sabotaged him in the comics for well over a decade. I do not blame any modern-era reader in the slightest for thinking of him as a complete and utter tool because that is the way the writers have consistently portrayed him for far too long.

Tony Stark has been reduced to:

1 - Hero that always takes the hated position in conflicts, and usually for no good reason.

2 - Punching bag that less popular heroes use to prop themselves up

3 - Genius that is made to look stupid to prop up other genius characters

I really hope RDJ never reads a current issue of Iron Man, he will likely never play the role again, and that would be a shame. His portrayal is as close to "classic" Tony Stark as one can find outside of deep digging in a back-issue bin at your local LCS.

yeah. I have always seen him as a villain...or at least in the last decade (all my experience with him in comics)

arrogant sob who believes the law doesn't apply to him when retrieving 'his' property. even in Iron Man Cartoon he is trying to illegally assault groups (including SHEILD) for tech that he created but they manufactured and purchased legally. he has no rights in the matter without a patent, and he is told as such. but ignores it because he wants to play the villain.

that being said when I was going to start buying Marvel Now comics, I made a list of all of them.. Iron Man was the first one I crossed off.

PS Im still waiting for Tony Stark to be imprisioned for war Crimes he commited during Civil War. (not only did he ignore the constitution, local and national laws, but also the Geneva Peace accords. HOW DID HE GET AWAY WITH THIS)

#50 Posted by sagejonathan (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaron's Thor? Epic. He's on Simonson's level.

Venditti's X-O Manowar? Genius

Venditti's Green Lantern? Good; I'm waiting for it to become truly amazing. It's getting there.