Who's gonna win the movie Wars Star Wars or Avengers

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Obi_Wan__

Avengers Age Of Ultron VS Star Wars Episode VII. In terms of box office who wins

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who wins

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BappyRonChantin

While it will mostly depend on marketing, in my speculation, Avengers. Their brand seems currently stronger in the market now. By the time Avengers gets released it will be 10 years since the last live action star wars movie came out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan: its only stronger because their hasn't been a star wars movie in a while. But overall Star wars trumps avengers. Way more fans and very iconic. When there was a 20 year or so gap between episode six and episode one, episode one still made a billion.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jayc1324 said:

@mad_titan: its only stronger because their hasn't been a star wars movie in a while. But overall Star wars trumps avengers. Way more fans and very iconic. When there was a 20 year or so gap between episode six and episode one, episode one still made a billion.

Yeah, Star wars movies have a strong brand image and a strong fanbase going on for them, which might give it a triumph over Avengers. We will see.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#6  Edited By Extremis

I like that we don't even have to include Warner/DC in this conversation

XP

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Penderor

Star Wars > any other Sci-Fi.

Joiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars will murder. Maybe.

We don't even know if Avengers can outgross it's first film. And that's number 3 on the charts.

Star Wars will either be an Avengers or Avatar case. Hard to tell.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joiner said:

Star Wars will murder. Maybe.

We don't even know if Avengers can outgross it's first film. And that's number 3 on the charts.

Star Wars will either be an Avengers or Avatar case. Hard to tell.

Here's the thing though.. Star Wars is coming off of perhaps one of the biggest let downs in movie history while Avengers is coming off a highly successful movie. And considering the fact that Guardians of the Galaxy and Cap 2 made so much at the box office, it's pretty much a given that Avengers 2 is going to out gross the first film. I will be shell shocked if AoU doesn't make at least 1.7 billion. Another thing is, Marvel has become a brand name. If you put the name on a film, people are going to watch it. All that being said, it honestly can go either way.. While I can't wait to see Star Wars episode 7, I know there are people out there that are going to stay away from it at all costs after what the prequel trilogy did to them.. So I don't think Star Wars will murder but ether way Disney is going to make a LOT next summer.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers in clear stomp.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I actually disagree. The 20 year gap is actually precisely why Phantom Menace could make so much money. I was just finishing highschool when that movie came out, and I and all of my friends knew it; Phantom Menace could be the worst movie ever made, and it would still crush everything at the box office, because it was Star Wars. It's hard to describe just how huge that was at the time if you weren't there, but the original movies were a genuine cultural phenomenon. They basically defined a generation and heavily influenced the course of modern cinema for decades.

But then the prequels hit... and they just didn't live up the the hype. Maybe nothing really could have, but there are just so many ways the prequels could have been so obviously improved. I know there are people who liked them, especially ones that were kids when they came out, and that's fine, but I just think there is a world of difference between "hey, I liked that movie when I was a kid," and "OMG I need to build a life sized model of the Millenium Falcon in my backyard!" I'm just not really sure Millenials have the same kind of affection for Anakin or Dooku that 80's kids had for Luke and Vader.

You're right, of course, in that the fanbase is absolutely huge, but at the same time, I really think a lot of the luster has been wiped off the brand since the originals hit.

But MCU? Holy crap, that's huge right now. They are just a total cinematic juggernaut. If anything, I feel that right now MCU is much closer to the position Star Wars had back in the 80's.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By EyeDCyou

It depends... It could go either way really

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who wins? Disney.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter who wins... we lose...

I'm going with Star Wars. More hype. Either way Disney wins billions of dollars.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Avengers.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Who wins? Disney.

Indeed. But again it really depends... Star Wars is the bigger brand, but Avengers has more steady hype right now.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just go to the future and find out for you.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Disney wins

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it will mostly depend on marketing, in my speculation, Avengers. Their brand seems currently stronger in the market now. By the time Avengers gets released it will be 10 years since the last live action star wars movie came out.

Basically this. Avengers 2 will make more money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I won't be seeing either in theaters.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Word of mouth will dictate the winner. If people leave SW thinking "It was ok" then AOU will surpass it imo. But if SW produces the best film since the original trilogy, it will beat AOU. SW has the history, but MCU has all the momentum. So I say word of mouth will be the final deciding factor.

Hell look at GOTG vs Ninja Turtles. Ninja Turtles beat GOTG out in its opening weekend, did solid the next weekend, but slowly faded away. GOTG on the other hand had word of mouth, people were talking about how good it was, and now its the biggest movie of the summer, and still doing strong at the box office.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

my guess would be Star Wars 7 would make 900m-1.2b, wheres i expect 1.4b-1.7b for avengers.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

Bad taste of the prequels will hamper SW a bit, so I think Avengers, but if VII is good, VIII's gonna crush.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gods, I don't know... Avengers is a cultural Juggernaut.... But so is The Wars. My Dio I can't decide.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The prequels ruined the brand name, but the people that I know that hate them (everyone), will all still see the new one at the cinema. I would like AoU to win, but I can't be sure it will because its Star Wars. I know IMDB is not a very reliable way of seeing thess things, but the phantom menace has a rating of 6.4 or so and its the biggest let down in the world..... because its star wars.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28 the_stegman  Moderator

Disney wins the war.

Avengers 2 wins the box office

Star Wars wins my heart.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

I like that we don't even have to include Warner/DC in this conversation

XP

Maybe because Warner/DC has nothing to do with the question.

:)

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superheroes beating Star Wars just feels wrong.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@ultrastarkiller: Don't like avengers 1 and star wars was eh to me and always has been

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18