Who's Excited for Gotham?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I know this show has been receiving a good bit of negative feedback pre-airing, but is any still excited for it anyway? Out of the 3 CBTVs I plan on watching this year (Flash, Gotham, Constantine), I'm probably the least excited for Gotham... but I'm still excited regardless... So how about you guys? Are you going to being watching tomorrow night?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

meh, I'll watch, but I'm so excited I didn't know(or really care) that it's starting tomorrow

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@eyedcyou: Gotham has negative feedback? Critical ?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: A few of the pilot reviews I've read were kind of iffy on the show. Not really negative, but didn't seem too enthused. And a lot of people I've talked to on the vine also seem kind of iffy.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Complete and total indifference, I really don't care about anything regarding the Gotham universe prior to Batman putting on the cowl. I don't care about the origins of his rogues gallery, I don't care about Jim Gordon's adventures prior to becoming commissioner and I don't care about Bruce before he became Batman. There's literally nothing about the show that interests me.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 69ball-z-deep
4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@4thor: A few of the pilot reviews I've read were kind of iffy on the show. Not really negative, but didn't seem too enthused. And a lot of people I've talked to on the vine also seem kind of iffy.

I m not from US but i m planing see it when gets here! but i more excited for the Flash i think it's a mistake make a TV series he should have a movie without any tv series first, but he is my favorite dc character and i will not let him down i will see it, but also a little worried that the series it's made by the CW this channel has so many bad series!

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Not really interested in it. Nothing about the show really appeals to me.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor said:

@eyedcyou said:

I m not from US but i m planing see it when gets here! but i more excited for the Flash i think it's a mistake make a TV series he should have a movie without any tv series first, but he is my favorite dc character and i will not let him down i will see it, but also a little worried that the series it's made by the CW this channel has so many bad series!

You think the CW has a lot of bad series? I mean I guess everyone has their opinions, and they have had a few bad shows. But Arrow is awesome, and Smallville is still probably the best superhero tv show of all time.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmm. I'l probably watch it on Netflix. I might watch the premier and see if it's worth it.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EyeDCyou

@4thor: Yes, but I'm referring to the superhero shows. I mean The Flash is being created by the same guy/company that runs Arrow.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: ok i was not talking about Arrow but i hope Flash gets a lot more than 2 million (Arrow) US viewers per episode at least 6 million to take AOS, it will be in the same day in US i think.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: I hope it pulls in more viewers to... More viewers = higher budget. I don't think it can contend with AoS though... For the sole reason that AoS is on ABC & Flash is on CW. Not a lot of people have the CW, but almost everyone has ABC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I give it a try. I'm not excited for it, but the concept has potential.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

as for the flash show, I assume they're even making it, just as a testing ground, see what this test audience likes and doesn't like

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: ok thanks for the info Flash is a great character loved by fans and many regular people and outside of US not many DC characters have that merit, i just hope that rumor about not jokes in DCCU is not true i still want the Flash in the big screen.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: The 'No Jokes' thing is being read into wayyy too much. Basically what that meant is that the films will generally have a more serious tone (compared to Marvel for example). That doesn't apply to the TV shows though. I mean Arrow is pretty damn serious, but I see Flash being a bit more lighthearted.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No where near excited but I'm looking forward to watching it.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Meh, out of all the upcoming shows that one has the least appeal to me.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to watch to see what it's all about

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eh I'll see if it pastes the 3 episode test.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll try it, but yeah it doesn't excite me as much as the other new superhero tv shows.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I need more 90's quality tv shows like arrow.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

More curious than excited, I mean i'll watch anything Superhero based. Trying to struggle through Agents of Shield atm.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By w0nd

@eyedcyou: any thing pre batman doesn't excite me, because as a child he did nothing important. Prequels, have to be done just right in order for me to get excited.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll watch the first episode. But Iwish it was someone else's show.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Meh

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Deadgod

I might watch it.

IAmTheCrowning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it 5 episodes tops, im curiius to see how it is.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Doesn't sound like it'll be too good.

- TAS

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel as though had they gone with a complete Gotham Central-esque show, I'd be much more excited.

However, the way they are advertising this, by really really shoving it down our throats that this is before any of the masks debut, then also pushing equally hard that they are each big characters for the show? Nah, not about that life.

Gotham Central has some really untapped potential, and I'm saddened that they didn't just go that way instead of this way.

Apperently Catwoman was there when Bruce's parents got shot? That doesn't sit right with me.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I'll try it, as others said but I don't really care about watching another cop TV show just because it has kid versions of Batman's supporting cast.

Way more excited for Constantine and Flash (and Arrow S3). Haters can hate all they want but its good TV.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By legacy6364
  1. I want to see what happens with "Constantine". What Keanu Reeves did to him was fu#*ing insulting.
  2. I'm not too confident with "The Flash" because it's associated with "The CW" network.
  3. I doubt I'll give "Gotham a chance". Anything before Batman isn't really interesting to me. If I need a villains origin story, I'll just walk around in Brooklyn.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36 frozen  Moderator

@eyedcyou: I don't really care for Gotham. It looks like it's setting things up wrong; and Batman Begins is still fresh in my mind for a media origin.