Who you think is the LEAST Whiny super hero??

Leiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We all know that most heroes are whiny, Hal Jordan, Bruce Wayne (his story is all a big whine), not to mention Spider-man... (don't get me wrong, they kick ass!, but I want to ease that curiosity)

So who you think is the real bad ass?

Deadpool and Lobo are my options (anti-hero, super hero, who cares lol)

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By martyyy15

@leiver:

Aquaman. People on the surface treat him like a joke ( well before throne of atlantis arc at leat), he isn't trusted so much by the surface world nor Atlantis as of late. But he never complains, he just keeps on being the king of the ocean and member of jusice league.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By batmannflash

Aquaman for me. Or Wonder Woman

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@leiver:

Aquaman. People on the surface treat him like a joke ( well before throne of atlantis arc at leat), he isn't trusted so much by the surface world nor Atlantis as of late. But he never complains, he just keeps on being the king of the ocean and member of jusice league.

This, Aquaman is like the Rodney Dangerfield of Super Heroes, very good at what he does but gets no respect. Instead of crying about it he continues to kick ass.

pokewan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Guess Cyclops is pretty Badass

He has nothing to complain about, super handsome, super powers, natural leader, and gets the hottest chicks

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#6  Edited By Joygirl

Probably Aquaman, yeah. He has 0% angst.

Leiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AQUAMAN: Yeah we never respect him (the ones of us who hasn't read as much, or the new 52), mostly because... ... Hanna Barbera lol

Wonder Woman didn't cross my mind! She's tough too

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kinda funny I always think of deadpool as one of the most whiniest.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Power-Girl?

She's always just strove on doing her own thing, forging her own path. She doesn't take shit and she's proactive, she won't let herself get beatdown emotionally.

Alternates

Wonder Woman

@pokewan said:

I Guess Cyclops is pretty Badass

He has nothing to complain about, super handsome, super powers, natural leader, and gets the hottest chicks

Aside from.

Dead wife. Evil psycho ex wife. Dead parents. Shattered sibling relationships. Unappreciated amongst his community. Destroyed bonds with his closest friends. Hunted by the government and the Avengers.

Sure most of it is his own fault, but definitely got something to complain about.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batmannflash

@pokewan: I like Cyke but he's known to be one of the whiniest superheroes ever. JEANNN. MUTANTSS. I'm going to make out with Emma but I M-MMMMISSS JEANNN! PROFESSOR X GET OUT MY HEAD-I KILL U

...welcome to Comic Vine btw!!

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick Grayson ; D

Fanboyism aside I like Aquamans zero tolerance, his realness and overall badassery.

pokewan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know he brought all that to himself, but hey, he is rich, powerful narcisist, obsesive, he is the lex luthor of superheroes

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 vance_astro  Moderator

I don't think any superheroes are whiny. They are all dealing with things far beyond what a normal human would have to deal with, but seeing as how they are mostly all humans granted abilities, they still show their emotions they way any human would considering the circumstances.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cyclops is whiny as hell! JEANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I know haha. surprised someone said Cyclops, who has to be the whiniest superhero. He always has to give up on life and make rash emotional decisions. Sure Batman's fueled by his tragedy, but in no way does it affect his fighting. He doesn't give up, he keeps pushing on. People like Aquaman and Wonder Woman don't give a crap and stay tough.

Leiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Leiver

Yep, actually most heroes pas trough traumatic stuff, Hal gets city blown, Spidy... basically any one he touches dies... they deal with very heavy stuff... that's why we read them

but yeah, Cyclops seems sooo whiny to me.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/39783-nostalgia-critic-are-superheroes-whiny-little-bitches

Aquaman still has the vote eh?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokewan: Cyclops has plenty to complain about. And the fact that has the stuff you've mentioned makes his whining even worse. no hate, I like Cyke.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not to mention there are about 3 different covers of Cyclops blasting his optic blasts of angst into the sky lol. Like this one:

No Caption Provided

heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake eyes.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is whiny?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dick Greyson and She Hulk

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@leiver said:

We all know that most heroes are whiny, Hal Jordan, Bruce Wayne (his story is all a big whine), not to mention Spider-man... (don't get me wrong, they kick ass!, but I want to ease that curiosity)

So who you think is the real bad ass?

Deadpool and Lobo are my options (anti-hero, super hero, who cares lol)

I'm a huge Deadpool fan, but you're wrong. He falls under your definition of whiny.

In volume 3 of Daniel Ways run of Deadpool, DP feels like an outcast and broods over the fact noone will accept him for nearly a whole issue.

In his current series he's all bummed out and "whiny" because of some of the old memories hidden away in his mind he uncovered.

Having a troubled life isn't necessarily being whiny. Everyone has flaws, even superheroes.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jonny storm?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

Roland Deschain.

MTHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Cyborg, he's gone thru pretty traumatic stuff (having half his body blown up) yet he keeps on going and in his spare time helps disables children.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leiver:

@joygirl said:

Probably Aquaman, yeah. He has 0% angst.

@leiver said:

AQUAMAN: Yeah we never respect him (the ones of us who hasn't read as much, or the new 52), mostly because... ... Hanna Barbera lol

Wonder Woman didn't cross my mind! She's tough too

this!

also Wondie and PG, both are awesome and not whiny

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@mthammer: I agree with Cyborg, Ben Grimm also. At the end of the day. Everyone else can take their costumes off. They can't.

Leiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Leiver

How about Hercules??

He even french kisses Wolverine, and with his eyes open no less!! Thats badass. But the little I've seen him, he's always drinking or fighting.

MTHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MTHammer

@guardiandevil83: I think Cyborg doesn't get enough respect for how much of a beast character he is :) I don't know who Ben Grimm is but if I did I would agree on your point :)

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mthammer: Oh my bad. He is the Thing from the Fantastic Four

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By fodigg

I cannot think of a single superhero character that has never succumbed to angsty brooding in one arc or another. And some of these suggestions—Aquaman? Deadpool?—are even more angsty and broody than average.

If you really want a whine-free character, you'd have to look for either sociopathic stoicism or unrelenting optimism. So you're looking for Rorschach or Squirrel Girl.

Damn. Now I want to read that team-up.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leiver: R u high batman has never complained about anything ever

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Kick-Ass never crys

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By 14NC3

least whiny?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did everyone forget about that one time Aquaman found out his real father was an Atlantean sorcerer and became all depressed and broody?

MTHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Oh yeah I know who the Thing is just didn't know his civilian name.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America? His leadership is mainly from never backing down even when others are. (There are sometimes he gets whiny but still)

Also Beast- though I don't read much X-men, he seems to rather sort out his problems himself and keeps them from others. Mr Fantastic would be similar as well now that I think of it.

@Guardiandevil83 It'd probably my beast recommendation as well but in the early/silver age days the Thing was one whiny son of a gun.