#1 Posted by dondave (26547 posts) - - Show Bio

just wondering

#2 Posted by Kreature (184 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight

#4 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yai_Inn said:

Moon Knight

This, DD a little bit too. Batamn is the "father" of a lot of street levelers, many of them reflect one aspect or an other of this character. That's what happens when you create a really really good concept.

#6 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthawk

Nighthawk
#7 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

appearance : Moon Knight

origins: Daredevil

proteges/sidekicks: spider-man

#8 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

In various ways, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Iron Man, and Black Panther.

#9 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther, Daredevil, and Moon Knight.

#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight and Daredevil.

#11 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: Moon Knight and Batman don't really look alike at all.

I'm thinking Daredevil is definitely the closest. Moon Knight is unique enough, people just don't care to look past the two or three similarities he has with Batman (which are also shared with a ton of superheroes!)

#12 Posted by The Stegman (20722 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is an archtype, there are tons of heroes who are based on his design in one way or another, same with Superman

#13 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

DD,T''challa,moon knight

#14 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther. He has the costume similarities, the attitude, the vast amounts of wealth and the intelligence.

#15 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more a Marvel fan than a DC fan, but I have to say, there is NO ONE in the Marvel Universe that is really like The Batman... There have been attempts but nothing really comes close. Moon Knight is an obvious attempt but he falls far short. Moon Knight is not a genius, NOT an inventor, and has super powers... Also, he's mentally unstable (although I like that about it.)

T'Challa is a genius (like Batman) and does gobs of prep, but he isn't clandestine, has super powers given to him by a root (or the panther god if you prefer), and has the support of an entire nation...

Daredevil is very intelligent, but not a genius. Also, he's not an inventor. And while he is an investigator, he uses Super Powers to investigate, where as Batman uses his mind (along with all those wonderful toys he invents)

Perhaps if you combined bits and pieces of Shang Chi (Master of Kung Fu), Tony Stark, and The Punisher THEN you'd have a Batman like character in the Marvel Universe.

#16 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

MOONKNIGHT ISN'T LIKE BATMAN ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 Posted by gumflabica (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther. Moon night is close, but not as close as Black Panther. DD is behind both of them.

#18 Posted by judasnixon (5429 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, because I'm sick of both of them.......

#19 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
  • One of the smartest men on the planet
  • Master of several forms of Martial Arts
  • Lots of neat gadgets and toys
  • extraordinary detective skills
  • extraordinary strategist
  • Filthy stinking rich
Black Panther

@Kreature: That's funny!!!!

#20 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

bp, wolverine, dd.

#21 Posted by JediXMan (27918 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man and Daredevil.

#22 Posted by Veshark (8506 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Captain America yet. I'd go with either Cap or T'Challa. Cap and Batman are the two premiere 'no powers, just fists' heroes of their universe, and they're both fantastic tacticians. During the JLA/Avengers crossover, the two of them had a brief fight where Batman conceded that it was possible Cap could beat him. The two even had a crossover with their respective sidekicks Robin and Bucky.

Black Panther is also quite similar to Bats, for the reasons mentioned by other posters above. Reliance on gadgets, both genii with lots of tactical insight, and they're both leaders as well. They're both also super-skilled HTH fighters and ridiculously loaded. Tony Stark only shares similarities with Bruce in the 'rich corporate industrialist' department. Aside from that, their fighting styles and personalities are polar opposites.

Moon Knight's similarities to Batman are mostly superficial. They share a night theme, gadgets, a cave, a themed plane, a crazy former sidekick among other things - but they're pretty different people. Batman is a loner tactician whose focused on the one singular goal of stopping crime. Moon Knight is an insane nut who cripples criminals in the service of his god Khonshu. Essentially, Batman is a vigilante while Moon Knight is a religious zealot.

#23 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther.

#24 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man. Rich guys that use gadgets and wear armor. Iron Man's armor is more obvious, but even in the comics, Batman's costume is protection, bullet proof in places. Tony's Tech is higher, and the two have personality differences, but at the core, are rich guys with gadgets.

#25 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yai_Inn said:

Moon Knight

yep

#26 Posted by Strider92 (15254 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther. Moon Knight is pretty close too.

#27 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther or Wolverine.

#28 Posted by blazinasian112 (891 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther is without a doubt Marvel's Batman, Moon Knight is a good fighter no doubt about it his skill is on par with Bats but T'Challa is just as smart and probably a bit smarter than Bruce. Stark is similar to Batman, but he's on a much larger scale...T'Challa is without a doubt Marvel's equivalent of Batman.

#30 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know why people are comparing Cap, DD and Wolverine to Batman? Is it just because their great fighters with skills on Batman's level?

#31 Posted by Hoenhime (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Black panther is very similar:

*Very rich

*is a genius and is a good leader

*costume

*Is good at detection(i guess)

*good at hand to hand combact

next is Dare Devil:

*parents(father in his case) died at the hand of a criminal at young age at so hates crim

*is a intelligent and smart man

*is a good strategist and leader

*good at hand to hand(but has super powers)

then comes tony:

*is a genius

*good leader

*is a rich business man

*uses gadgets

I dont really consider moon knight similar because he is crazy(thinks he got powers from a god and has multiple personalities)

#32 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4483 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher has always been my pick.

#33 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

plus the inspirations like

Nighthawk.

but inspirations are supposed to be similar so I'll just go with the top four up there

ALSO, a lot of people compare Wolverine and Bats, but i dont know....

PS: Wolvie and Bats do have a common superpower = the ability to divide time and space and multiply themselves to appear in 90% of their companies books and supposedly they are both the LONE WOLFS of their companies. I guess they ARE similar in that

#34 Posted by Darth Paul (273 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jorgevy said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

plus the inspirations like

Nighthawk.

but inspirations are supposed to be similar so I'll just go with the top four up there

ALSO, a lot of people compare Wolverine and Bats, but i dont know....

PS: Wolvie and Bats do have a common superpower = the ability to divide time and space and multiply themselves to appear in 90% of their companies books and supposedly they are both the LONE WOLFS of their companies. I guess they ARE similar in that

This is probably another huge reason their amalgam became "Dark Claw." More so than just the teen sidekick thing that went along with it merging Jubilee and Robin.
#35 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3402 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther and Moon Knight. Maybe even Daredevil