#1 Edited by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

Take strength, agility, intelligence, and additional powers into consideration when answering this. I've noticed on the battle forums that good Spider-Man fights are hard to come by.

He's in this weird place where he whoops on most street-level heroes not named Batman, and yet he seems to get owned by anybody else with serious superpowers.

I want to say the closest hero I can think of in terms of power level is Captain America. But when you think about it, Cap doesn't technically have superpowers. I guess most people agree that Spidey would own Deadpool, but then again it seems most Marvel characters beat up on Deadpool.

What do you guys think?

#2 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7255 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

A non-jobbing Wolverine.

#4 Edited by hart7668 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Deadpool defeated Spiderman before, or am I just reeling from Iron Man 3?

#5 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet-Spider?

#6 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3775 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil? Always Daredevil

#7 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Daredevil.

#8 Posted by krunkeela (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Oc at the moment.

#9 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Luke Cage on power level, 25 tonners vs 15 tonners, and Spidey has agility, speed and Spider-sense where Luke has unbreakable skin.

#10 Edited by Havenless (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@therrieur:

Spider-Man still moves 8 times faster than a normal human, has a future sense that alerts him to trouble 3 seconds before it happens, and has webs that can hold Bruisers like Rhino and Thing. He would humiliate Cage.

Outside of the Spider-Man universe where a lot of his villains are pretty close like Lizard and Doc Ock, I might be inclined to say Iron Man. A lot of Iron Man's villains Spider-Man would absolutely embarass. Tony would never be able to hit Pete, and his webbing is easy strong enough to hold Iron Man at bay.

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15824 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Static and New 52 Hawkman would be good fights

#12 Posted by RustyRoy (9244 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil or Black Panther should be the closest.

#13 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@therrieur:

Spider-Man still moves 8 times faster than a normal human, has a future sense that alerts him to trouble 3 seconds before it happens, and has webs that can hold Bruisers like Rhino and Thing. He would humiliate Cage.

Outside of the Spider-Man universe where a lot of his villains are pretty close like Lizard and Doc Ock, I might be inclined to say Iron Man. A lot of Iron Man's villains Spider-Man would absolutely embarass. Tony would never be able to hit Pete, and his webbing is easy strong enough to hold Iron Man at bay.

Seriously Iron man is a 100 tonner who can tank nukes, has various huge AoE damage attacks, blasts that can harm 100+ tonners, supersonic flight, enhanced reactions, tactical analysis, is an absolute insane genius, can affect gravity and the electromagnetic spectrum with tech and just about anything else you would want. he would stomp Spidey without one-sided prep.

#14 Posted by Toxicant (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is not that close to Spider-Man. Especially if we're talking a Spider-Man who isn't holding back like he usually does.

#15 Edited by Night Thrasher (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

@

@reignmaker:

I'd say Ultimate Cap is pretty close...

Ultimate Cap is a two toner, 616 Cap is a 800Ib max , Spidey is a 20 -30 toner ! And now that he's Spock he's showing little if any restraint.

#17 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: 20-30 tonner is when he got enhanced powers during the other.

#18 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: 20-30 tonner is when he got enhanced powers during the other.

This is true which where it remains now-Enhanced strength and durability

Early in his career, Spider-Man was frequently said to have the proportional strength of a spider, but he can lift much more due to his human size and physical build, up to 15 tons. Since the events of "The Other" and "The Queen" story arcs, his strength has been increased to twice his original limits, now able to press up to 25 tons. During the Secret Invasion, Spider-Man was shown to be able to knock a Tyranosaurus Rex unconscious in one punch. He has been shown to lift and throw objects such as a semi-truck and to bend the steel of a screwdriver with one finger with ease.[13] When in combat, Spider-Man must pull his punches unless fighting someone of similar or greater durability and power. Otherwise, his blows would kill a normal person.[14]

Spider-Man's bodily tissue is a great deal more durable and resistant to some types of injury than a normal human (for example a regular human punched Spider-Man and he broke his wrist). However, Spider-Man is far from invulnerable. While his body is tougher than an ordinary human, as seen several times in Spider-Man 2 (via falling from average web slinging height without sustaining significant injury), he can still be injured in ways comparable to an ordinary human. For example, Spider-Man can be injured by bullets or knives composed of conventional material and from impacts of sufficient force. However, if injured, his accelerated metabolism is capable of repairing itself many times faster than an ordinary human. A doctor has told Spider-Man that it would be impossible for a normal man to survive the punishment that he has endured.[15]

Spider-Man can leap several stories vertically or the width of a city street.[6] While his running speed has never been definitely established, he can run at superhuman speed for short sprints and has been shown to be easily capable of overtaking fast-moving cars, but nearly always prefers using his weblines to travel.[

#19 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4693 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman 2099

#20 Edited by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

After nearly 20 posts, I'm not sure if we're that much closer to an answer, short of another spider-man that is. Though I'm intrigued by the earlier Hawkman mention. I suppose that would up the stakes a bit from Vulture.

#21 Edited by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people saying Daredevil? Spider-Man massively outclasses Daredevil in everything except combat skill.

#22 Edited by Derfel (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people saying Daredevil? Spider-Man massively outclasses Daredevil in everything except combat skill.

and senses, daredevil has way better senses =P

not a factor in a fight (except, you know, spidey couldn't use stealth against DD) still I agree, DD is not in spideys league.

#23 Edited by ssejllenrad (12783 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are fools! Kaine. Definitely Kaine... And Ben Reilly.... Nyahahahahaha! Peace!

#24 Edited by MarvtheCat (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Beast might be close.

#25 Posted by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman? He could defeat spidey fairly easily. Black Panther is more on Parker's level

#26 Posted by AdamtheSubmariner (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Racoon

#27 Posted by krunkeela (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Krillin from DBZ.

#28 Posted by Immortal777 (5923 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter, Karate Kid and chuck norris.

#29 Edited by Malonius (881 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker:

I think good Spidey fights are hard to come by on the battle forum because the rules generally dictate that the characters fight to a conclusion. That's not the way Spidey fights. He uses his head in a way that doesn't work very well in the battle forum. It's preposterous that Spidey could beat Dr. Doom or Juggernaut. He'd lose 10/10 fights in the battle forum, but in the comics he's able to slow them down, foil their plans, and escape with his life....and it doesn't seem like plot devices or bad writing. That kind of thing is a "win" to Spider-man and his fans. Few would seriously say that Spider-man could beat Iron Man, but Spidey did manage to get the better of him a couple of times.

In an open, urban environment Spider-man should be able to beat all street-levelers, enhanced humans, one power characters, and most bricks. Spidey can also improvise to beat almost anyone stupider than him, even if they're more powerful (i.e. Electro, Sandman, etc.) After an initial whipping, Spidey can usually escape to come back prepped against even competent opponents who outclass him. He would start to really falter, even with prep, in that range between Iron Man and Magneto. He should not be able to beat anyone above Magneto, even with significant prep (unless that prep includes calling in a few of his many, many superhero friends). That sweet spot of a good challenge for Spider-man is really hard to figure out, hence the fact that many of his closest opponents are actually "clones" (i.e. Kaine, Ben Reilly, Venom, Carnage, etc.).

#30 Posted by Mattferrar (72 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman is powerfullest marvel hero

#31 Edited by russellmania77 (13624 posts) - - Show Bio

Papa smurf

#32 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Cinematic Universe Thanos.