Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) 11 months, 28 days ago

Poll: Who Would You Rather Be: Martian Manhunter or Silver Surfer? (62 votes)

Martian Manhunter 55%
Silver Surfer 45%

Martian Manhunter

Silver Surfer

#1 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Norrin Radd

#2 Posted by SheenLantern (6806 posts) - - Show Bio

Just clarifying, when you say "Be" does that mean I'm suddenly teleported into the head of J'onn J'onzz in the JL Watchtower or do I wake up one morning in my bed with green skin and telepathy?

#3 Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

Just clarifying, when you say "Be" does that mean I'm suddenly teleported into the head of J'onn J'onzz in the JL Watchtower or do I wake up one morning in my bed with green skin and telepathy?

Yes.

#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18447 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut said:

@sheenlantern said:

Yes.

In that case, I'd rather be J'onn.

#5 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6360 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter. Cause green is a better color than silver. It's a fact.

#6 Edited by longbowhunter (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter because of the shape shifting abilities.

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22230 posts) - - Show Bio

Id rather BE MMH, but id rather have SS powersl

#8 Posted by MaccyD (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer-cause then I'd be pals with Galactus!

#9 Posted by Doomnaut (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer Powers and Abilities

Invulnerability

The Silver Surfer's skin is nearly impossible to penetrate, capable of withstanding extreme pressures and temperatures. He can travel through the core of a star and even through black holes without injury or disorientation.

Regeneration

The Silver Surfer can regenerate parts of himself with the Power Cosmic, including his board, at will.

Super Strength

The Power Cosmic gives the Silver Surfer incredible strength and he has fought some of the most powerful beings in the universe including Thor, the Hulk, Thanos and the Champion of the Universe.

Phasing

The Surfer has the ability to make himself intangible and phase through any wall or objects. This also can be done to make himself invulnerable from attack.

Stamina

The Silver Surfer does not need to breathe and can survive in any condition. He does not need to eat or drink to sustain himself but he sometimes does to remember it. The Surfer rarely needs rest and can go for years without tiring.

Energy Absorption

The Surfer's skin is designed to absorb various energies from beta particles to light. He is constantly being charged from hundreds of nearby stars and energies from distant galaxies. He can change this absorption into reflection if he chooses. The Surfer has also absorbed so much energy from a sun before, that he turned into a living bomb.

Blast Power

The Surfer can absorb and tap into ambient cosmic energy into his body at will and allowing him to use these energies at different forces. The Surfer could also channel energy through his hands also known as energy beams that can destroy a star. He can use various energies for offensive purposes as well. He can create large blasts or beams down to the subatomic level.

Energy Manipulation

The Surfer can use energy to create force fields and shields. He can solidify energy to imprison enemies. He can manipulate the energies around him to make space travel possible for beings around him that can not survive in space.

Matter Control

The Silver Surfer can rearrange matter to create other objects of importance by rearranging molecules. He can also change the state of matter, such as changing solids into gas. Matter Transmutation helps the Surfer escape traps and prisons and can also be used to make an enemies weapons inactive.

Super Speed

The Silver Surfer can travel at speeds faster than light. His mind and body can be used at these speeds as well, making the Surfer extremely reactive and agile.

Flight

The Silver Surfer travels as easily on a planet's gravity than he does through space. He can fly and turn and maneuver at extremely high speeds. He can also levitate without his board.

Time Manipulation

The Surfer can create enough speed to travel through time either forward or backward. The Surfer can also see the past by pulling back the layers of time. He can create quantum spheres capable of traveling anywhere with a thought.

Healing

The Surfer can use the Power Cosmic to heal wounds but he cannot raise the dead. The Surfer has the power to speed the evolution of organic life.

Telepathy

The Surfer has shown the ability to read minds and sometimes needs to make a conscious effort not to. He prefers to speak rather than read a person's thoughts.

Super Sight

The Silver Surfer can see for light years down to the molecular level. He is able to change his vision to many different spectrums of light and radiation. This makes the Surfer one of the best trackers in the universe, able to trace a grain of sand in a quasar to picking up any type of energy signature and following it for light years.

Super Senses

The Surfer has incredible hearing making him nearly impossible to sneak attack. He is totally aware of his entire surroundings down to the molecule. He has a cosmic awareness to a certain level, capable of knowing a person's location when nearby or able to detect his enemies weaknesses.

Power Alterations

Super beings that make contact with the Surfer can also have their powers altered when making contact with other super-beings. This was seen in Marvel Zombies when Hulk bit the Surfer's head off and they obtained the power of the cosmos.

Power upgrade

During anniliation the Silver Surfer's powers were upgraded by Galactus vastly. He was tested by Ravenous an agent of Annilius, and dispatched him with little to no effort. He also destroyed a whole planet by himself after his upgrade. This upgrade also came in good use when Thanos had a created a machine to keep the Surfer and Galactus in check and set it to his own power output, so that he could only open it, but the Surfer was able to match (while severly weakened ) Thanos' power output and free himself and Galactus, which demonstrates how much powerful he is with his latest power upgrade

The Silver Surfboard

The Silver Surfer rides a board that is composed of the same material of the silver coating that covers his whole body. Highly dependent of the board, it is also mentally linked to the Silver Surfer himself, so if he was to be separated from his board, he could still control and command it mentally. Almost indestructible, the board can be used as both weapon and shield, if the board does take damage or is broken, the Silver Surfer can either repair the board or recreate a whole new one. Silver Surfer can also use the board to imprison or incase an individual, but only for a limited amount of time.

The connection between the board and the Silver Surfer is unknown, when Galactus trapped the Silver Surfer within Earth, it was because of his board that Silver Surfer couldn't leave planet Earth. Upon discovering this, Silver managed to leave Earth through other means without his board and remade another one when he was in space. It is unknown the full limitations of Silver Surfers board. A common misconception between Silver Surfer and his board is that it is believed that his powers are granted to him through it, which is not the case. Silver Surfers board has been destroyed on a number of occasions and he has easily been able to create a new one.

Martian Manhunter Powers and Abilities

Martian Manhunter possesses powers and abilities common to all Martians but has shown to be the most powerful of his race, largely due to be from his training as a Manhunter of Mars, and also his years as hero of Earth.

• Super Strength - The Martian Manhunter possess vast amounts of superhuman strength comparable to Superman's strength, easily making him one of the physically strongest beings on the planet. J'onn, Superman, and Wonder Woman werecapable of moving the earth. J'onn can further supplement his strength by increasing his size. His great strength has also been shown by his ability to harm Superboy-Prime.
  • Invulnerability - J'onn has invulnerability sufficient for him to take blows from enemies whose strength surpass even Superman, such as Despero. He can also increase his invulnerability by altering his density to become super dense. His invulnerability protects him from the harsh environments of space and also re-entry into the earth's atmosphere. His skin can also repel bullet fire.
  • Flight - Martian Manhunter has been seen flying at Mach 10 in Earth's atmosphere. He has maneuverability and flight speed comparable to Superman.
  • Super Speed - J'onn and other Martians have speed that allows him to keep up with the Flash. His speed grants him accelerated reaction times as well. He is able to process thoughts and carry out actions with incredible speed as well. He can even utilize his telepathy at super speed, able to create a telepathic conference room for the Justice League to discuss matters in the privacy of J'onn's mind in just an instant.
  • Stamina - The Martian Manhunter has nigh inexhaustible endurance and resilience. He can last for extensive periods of time without food, rest, or air. J'onn has been able to travel great distances in space and fight long battles without tiring.
  • Regeneration - J'onn can quickly recover from almost any injury. He is able to reconstitute his body even when severed into several pieces. His regenerative abilities have allowed him to reconstitute his body from even an extremely small mass in only a matter of seconds, and he has even grown a new body from a severed arm.
  • Shape-Shifting - The Martian Manhunter has vast shape shifting abilities that stem from complete control of his molecular structure. He is able to take on any shape he pleases, often taking the human guise of Detective John Jones. He can form shapes of objects or organisms alive, extinct, or imagined, and he has often shown to grow an extra pair of arms to supplement his fighting abilities and his strength. He can become as stiff and unmovable or as flexible and malleable as he pleases. He can also alter his size or the size and length of his limbs. During his fight with Antares, J'onn grew to the size of building. When increasing his size, J'onn often borrows mass from matter around him and incorporates it in his body, expelling it when he returns to his normal size. The Manhunter has even shown to use his shape shifting powers offensively during his fight with Ultraman. He has elongated parts of himself into bladed weapons during combat. His density is also variable and changes as he wills it. He can use this ability to become intangible and move through objects or allow attacks to fly by harmlessly through him or to become extremely dense to add more mass to his blows and increase his invulnerability. J'onn's control over his own molecular structure also allow him to adapt his visibility, granting him the ability to become invisible at will. His shape shifting abilities extend beyond even that allowing himself to change his chemical composition. He was able to turn his skin into a thick exoskeleton of human bone in order to shield him from a corrosive that would normally disintegrate his Martian physiology.
  • Intangibility - By greatly lowering the density of his own mass, Marian Manhunter is able to become intangible. He has used this power often during combat to protect himself from his enemy's attacks and to pass through walls and other structures to travel. Another use of this power is phasing opponents into solid objects, as J'onn as Fernus was able to do to Superman.
  • Invisibility - J'onn is able to control his visibility and render himself invisible to beings that can even view the entire electromagnetic spectrum. He can even appear invisible to Superman.
  • Telepathy - J'onn is the most powerful telepath on earth, being able to effect even the Spectre and Doctor Fate with his telepathy. Aquaman has stated that Martian Manhunter's telepathy exceeds even the telepathy of other members of the Martian race. He said that with J'onn's great telepathic power his own telepathy just "pings" off of him while when Aquaman was in the presence of J'onn's brother, Ma'alefa'ak, there was no such effect. J'onn is capable of linking the minds of all superheroes at once from a distance of the moon to all corners of the earth. He is also capable of reading the minds of all inhabitants of earth at once. His telepathic abilities also allow him to create realistic illusions; telepathically trace and locate people; shut down people's minds; influence thoughts; mind control people; induce sleep; reprogram or reorder minds; and transfer information directly into people's brains. The Martian Manhunter's mind control capabilities have allowed him to mind control the Joker and make him temporarily sane, as well as mind controlling several White Martians at once. He is also capable of mentally shielding those around him from telepathic assault. His own mental defenses are so strong that he is able to telepathically shield himself from the combined might of several White Martians and from the Mageddon machinery.
  • Psionic Blast - J'onn is able to project painful and destructive blasts of psionic energy from his eyes and his hands.
  • Martian Vision - Martian Manhunter can project powerful blasts of energy from his eyes. The power of these blasts are comparable to Superman's heat vision and have been shown to be able to harm Superman himself. He is able to create powerful enough blast to sever his own arm. He is also able to project telekinetic blasts of force.
  • Telekinesis - Presumably a side effect of his Martian vision is telekinesis. He seems to keep this ability in reserve, as he does some of his other powers. Icon is capable of controlling/manipulating objects even at the subatomic level. Icon can manipulate atoms, subatomic particles, and cells perfectly. Icon can fire extremely powerful Telekinetic Blast. J'onn has only demonstrated this power a select few times and rarely utilizes it.
  • Martian Breath - The Martian Manhunter has also demonstrated an increased lung capacity, allowing him to blow powerful wind bursts and freeze opponents with his breath, similar to Superman. J'onn has also demonstrated the ability to fly through space for extended periods of time.
  • Sonic Scream - J'onn has on occasion demonstrated the capability to emit a devastating sonic scream.
  • X-ray Vision - J'onn J'onzz described this ability colloquially as ionized particulate matter mapped to a variable density wavepacket. It allows him to see through objects.
  • Extrasensory Input - Martians have nine senses as opposed to a human's five senses, which grants the Martian more numerable and clearer perceptions.
  • Longevity - Martians possess naturally longer lifespans than human beings. J'onn has lived for at least one hundred years and is still not at old age.
  • Mayavanna (Formerly) - This is a Martian ability that gives the receiver a gift of a reality even more powerful than our own. It grants them what they want most in the world and is reserved for those held most dear to the Martian giving it. It is a gift that can only be given once in a lifetime. J'onn had to use his on Despero in order to stop him from murdering the League.
#10 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#11 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#12 Posted by KingAres109 (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH..Why would I be Silver??With Martian I could be anything I want!!White,Black Asian..Lol..Sorry Surfer..

#13 Posted by Mitran (318 posts) - - Show Bio

um... I think John, so I wouldn't have to kill people

#14 Posted by Juiceboks (9811 posts) - - Show Bio

I say J'onn. He's free to do whatever he wants and answers to nobody but his own conscience. Norrin's powers would be much cooler to have, but J'onn's life would be much better to live.

#15 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

Id rather be the Manhunter because Surfer's "junk" is covered over by his silver coating, so no women for him! Also the Martian can alter the length & width at will to really thrill the ladies AND fulfill any fantasy they might have by reading their thoughts then becoming whatever they perceive as the perfect man!!

#16 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer easily

#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13424 posts) - - Show Bio

I say J'onn. He's free to do whatever he wants and answers to nobody but his own conscience. Norrin's powers would be much cooler to have, but J'onn's life would be much better to live.

#18 Posted by Cooldes (4142 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

If I want to keep a normal civillian identity while having the awesome diverse Superman-like powers, I'd choose MM.

If I wanted an large assortment of galactic powers (but didn't care for looking shiny all the time), I'd choose SS.

Right now, it's 50/50.

#20 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

j 'onn jones(mmh)

#21 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3354 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn

#22 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH. Answering to some dumba$$ in a dumb purple suit sounds tepid plus I like Jonn's powers better.

CIN.

#23 Edited by keithson (95 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both really cool but I'm gonna have to go with Martian Manhunter. Silver Surfer's probably more powerful but helping destroy planets and being Galactus' b***h tips this in J'onn's favour for me.

Both those pictures are awesome though

#24 Posted by JetiiMitra (8718 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Martian Manhunter. I wouldn't want to lose humanity to serve some higher cosmic purpose. And MMH is no joke.

#25 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to be myself because I am happy with who I am.

#26 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6111 posts) - - Show Bio

Id rather be the Manhunter because Surfer's "junk" is covered over by his silver coating, so no women for him! Also the Martian can alter the length & width at will to really thrill the ladies AND fulfill any fantasy they might have by reading their thoughts then becoming whatever they perceive as the perfect man!!

#27 Posted by Havenless (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Martian Manhunter immortal? Because it'd suck to be him once you're dead.

Silver Surfer.

#28 Edited by GoldKing (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer. Not only is he super powerful, but if the stuff hits the fan, he's always got Big-G behind his back.

#29 Posted by Farkam (4954 posts) - - Show Bio

SS, since he is less fugly.

#30 Posted by AmazonieSPL (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter. Cause green is a better color than silver. It's a fact.

i rather silver over green.The only reason i dont choose SS is because i dont want to deal with Galactus.

AmazonieSPL

#31 Posted by SOG7dc (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH because i could shapeshift, which i think is one of the coolest underused powers, and i could still live a normal life. and i wouldnt work for somegiant super powerful planet eater so i could do what i want when i want.

#32 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18447 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer's powers are cooler, but I wouldn't want to be Galactus' slave (you know its in a sexual way too!)

but hanging out with Supes, Bats and the rest of the JLA would be cools.

#33 Posted by Black_Arrow (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer with the board I could explore all the universe it is the best medium to travel in the universe I want that.

#34 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5539 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer

#35 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter without question.

#36 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#37 Posted by Auction_Sniper (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

SS, but I don't know much about MM.

#38 Edited by 14NC3 (1768 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by frogdog (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Edited by _Atomikill_ (4309 posts) - - Show Bio

Probly J'onn. With Surfer... Just no. Practically, I could do whatever I pleased.

#41 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4341 posts) - - Show Bio

John will be bigger than Casanova if he puts his abilities to good use

#42 Posted by RustyRoy (13282 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter.