Who Would You Rather Be: Goku or Thor?

• 65 results
Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who Would You Rather Be: Goku or Thor? (62 votes)

Goku 39%
Thor 61%

• 
Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Doomnaut

Bump.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump after 10 minutes of post? Someone wants results.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

THORRRRRRR!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Thor pretty much has every advantage here. I dont know why anyone would pick Goku for a reason other than you like him more.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 juiceboks  Moderator

The one that can survive in space.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Compared to Thor Goku is nouthing.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Even if we ignore their strengths and power, Thor still has all the advantages. He has two homes, beautiful women (Sif alone is hotter than anyone in Dragon Ball/Z/GT), has a hammer that can teleport him to places, and is friends to a rich playboy, several scientists, a movie star, a fashion designer, etc. (he's got a lot of connections). On top of all that, he's got a body that women would drool all over.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Thor. Never cared much for Goku, and I've never researched the character.

So, my vote's basically just based on personal prefrance.

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only pick Goku b/c Instant transmission is my fave. Yes i know Thor can open portals, its also personal preference.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Saiyans are too badass for me to pass up the opportunity to be one

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Goku. I don't see ant advantages for thor listed above that goku doesn't himself have, or even surpass.

Btw that pic is really cool looking but goku can't use SB while in SSJ

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Goku. He's a goofball.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: He can't but he can go SSj after it's completed. It's how he killed Kid Buu.

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Saiyans are too badass for me to pass up the opportunity to be one

Exactly what I was about to say.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

GOKUUUUUU!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Thor pic is badass!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

THOR

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku on the basis that marvel makes thor job way to much for my liking

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 juiceboks  Moderator

@cooldes said:

Goku. I don't see ant advantages for thor listed above that goku doesn't himself have, or even surpass.

Btw that pic is really cool looking but goku can't use SB while in SSJ

You mean other than the fact that Thor has beautiful women practically at his beck and call, insane amounts of magical power, and his race isn't..ya know..dead?

solon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. Seriously that Hammer is overpowered in the right hands.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Exactly this. Let's pretend no powers, right? Thor lives in a paradise. Goku lives in his childhood home in the mountains. Thor takes care of his friends and family(and I don't mean battle wise), Goku never worked a day in his life and I bet Krillin never hit him up for money.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@blackwind: Thor is 6'6 and Goku is 5'9 too :P.

plus (although this is subjective) Goku has kids. I do not want kids.

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SonDeathEater

It depends who is in more pain on a daily basis.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku, Thor's lame.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose Goku but not because of power but because of personality.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fusion! Lol, if not Thor!

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor. i rather be a god have all the time powers and get lady sif !

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only want to be Goku so I can create my own moves and techniques.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: As much as you hate kids even you would want Goten and Gohan as your kids.Its not like you would spend that much time with them anyways,you'd usually just be dead half the time.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: chi chi? Bulma? Android 18? Goku has a wife sir. and 3 children, beautiful women isn't exactly what he should be thinking about.

Goku has even more insane amounts of ki and physical power, not to mention his ridiculous martial arts skill.

turtles, vegeta, broly, raditz, mappa, etc all survived the planet vetega thing. And his planet being destroyed has no real effect on him seeimg as goku was born on earth an conciderds that to be his home. He has no allegences to planet vegeta or saiyans as a race.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Thewhiteronin

I'd rather be Thor, I'm too lazy to punch and kick things. I'd just Godblast the hell out of all my enemies. It's also a hassle to go through all that constipation just to go Super Saiyan and what not.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@cooldes Old as dirt. His rivals wife who is also old as dirt. His best friends wife. If you'd rather be tied down to someone almost three times your age than single and have women practically clamoring for a lock of your hair, that's your prerogative. Just remember that you will most likely have to bury your wife and oldest son.

Ki? Sure. Thor has no ki manipulation feats to speak of. Physical power? Uh..I beg to differ. As Thor, you have literally all the time in the world to practice martial arts if you so choose.

Broly is dead. Nappa is dead. Raditz is dead. Bardock was dead before you even knew his name. Same as your Mom actually. Tarble is dead. Turles might as well be dead. Goku and Vegeta are the only worthwhile Saiyans left. And being both males..their race is also dead. In fact as Goku, you actually helped kill off the last of your people. Are you saying you would prefer being the very end of your species instead of having a caring mother and father that are still around and probably will be for a long time?

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku, i'd like to teleport everywhere and know where everyone is with Ki sense.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: so having a wife and settling down to start a proper family is somehow worse than annoying girls wanting a lock of your hair? even as a 17 y/o just being with my girlfriend i could understand that being with randoms is still lonely and being with someone you love brings true happyness. Just my perspective though, to each his own.

No matter how much time thor has on his hands to practice up on martial arts(not much seeing how much earth, the avangers, and asgard are threatend and need his help) he'll never get to goku's level. Training with master roshi(who can have full on fights in less than a second, easily destroy the moon, etc) training with king kai, nonstop training on earth and in other-world and the hyberbolic time chamber etc. will always give goku a lead here. Thor will also never gain goku's techniques such as instant transmission, kaio ken, SB, after image, solar system +++++ ki blasts(kamehameha), etc. Not to mention self sustained flight, and goku having a magical weapon of his own(power pole) and being more than proficient with it. As for physical power, goku in ssj after returning to earth, stopped a ki-amped future trunks sword slash with his pinky, the same slash he used to one-shot king cold and frieza(who has planetary+ tanking durability).

all of those people named were dead because they were evil(save bardock). gohan, trunks, goten, pan, goku jr. vegeta jr. etc. are worthwhile saiyans and one is a girl so no their race isn't dead. as stated before, goku is an eathling, was born on earth, and has given his life for it, and risked his life for many times. He has no allegences to planet vegeta or the saiyans, if you're evil you're evil, goku will take you out. Thor has a "caring" mother? and father? idk about all that...

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Goku.

Avatar image for doctorthomaselliot
DoctorThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Goku, but I'd rather be Thor.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is a terrible husband and an average father at best. I don't even care about their powers, Thor is a more appealing person than Goku is.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@cooldes We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I'm 17 as well but I haven't had a girlfriend nor any woman under my arms. I wouldn't wanna skip right to 30+years of marriage with grandkids without experiencing the joys of being single Thor has.

Of course Thor won't ever be capable of things like IT and Kaioken. Those are Ki manipulation feats. Just like Goku will never be able to summon magical lightning, absorb energy, summon devastating hurricanes, utilize a magical indestructible suit of armor, breathe in space, and other such attributes Thor has over him. I'm not even gonna touch on the Frieza Trunks argument as that would just open up an old can of worms and that's not what this thread is for. Just know that Thor has supernova+ durability and has Goku beat in that department.

Hey, you brought them up. I was just trying to show why it was irrelevant to do so. Point is they're dead and Goku and Vegeta are the only FULL Saiyans worth anything left alive. None of their kids are FULL Saiyans and as they continue to reproduce, their Saiyan genes will dwindle to virtual nonexistence. I for one would prefer to live with the knowledge that my people haven't died out nor will they ever. I would argue that Odin does in fact care about his most powerful son and holds him in higher regard than any of his other children. As the Mother of Earth and everything on it, Gaea has always loved all of her children. Thor, Atum, Chronos, all of her sons have her affection.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: a terrible husband? Average at best father?

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: looks like we've come to an agreement.

We have varying beliefs on being with women.

goku/thor will never have eachothers abilities.

most of the saiyans are dead, most of the survivors were killed by goku for being evil.

2 things though, saiyans CAN breath in space, and any saiyan descendants can go ssj etc. I think saiyan is dominant gene, goku jr and vegeta jr could both easily go ssj, and they didn't even knowwhat is was or it's significance, they refered to it as "going blonde"

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@cooldes Yea that's one thing in Dragon Ball Z that never made sense to me. Gohan was more powerful as a 4 year old than Goku was in his late 20's despite the fact that he had half his Saiyan DNA and no fights under his belt to increase his power. Goten wasn't nearly as powerful as either of them. Trunks as a half Saiyan was more powerful than his father at one point. Pan was absolute sh!t compared to Goten and Trunks but apparently she has the potential to go SSJ and she had less Saiyan DNA than they did. Bra is supposedly capable of SSJ as well despite her complete lack of formal training. And somehow Vegeta and Goku Jr. could do it like it's nothing even though they're 93.75% human? I mean..really?

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: as i said before regardless of human to saiyan ratio, all saiyan descendants have full saiyan capabilities. Now, remembering this,

it has been consistently shown that when a saiyan sees something, they can inexplicably do it.

Goku saw kamehameha wave and then did it.

gotenks saw ssj3 and just did it.

everything you named. Etc.

it's actually a major plot point, such as goku being able to insta do the kaio ken and the SB even though no one else has been able to learn it from king kai.

the pan and bra thing, idk... i've never seen a female ssj and idk if they can .-.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#47  Edited By Extremis

Thor

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes Yea that's one thing in Dragon Ball Z that never made sense to me. Gohan was more powerful as a 4 year old than Goku was in his late 20's despite the fact that he had half his Saiyan DNA and no fights under his belt to increase his power.

They specifically state that's because of his amazing potential.

Goten wasn't nearly as powerful as either of them.

What are you talking about? Goten was younger than Goku at the beginning of DB and was already strong enough to fight Android 18.

Trunks as a half Saiyan was more powerful than his father at one point.

Yes, because Half-Human Saiyans are inherently stronger than full-blooded Saiyans.

Pan was absolute sh!t compared to Goten and Trunks but apparently she has the potential to go SSJ and she had less Saiyan DNA than they did. Bra is supposedly capable of SSJ as well despite her complete lack of formal training. And somehow Vegeta and Goku Jr. could do it like it's nothing even though they're 93.75% human? I mean..really?

That makes perfect sense, the Super Saiyan form is dependant on emotions, humans are more emotional than Saiyans. Done.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer goku because he is friendly he can be friends with everyone. and trains harder to reach his goal. not just someone already gifted with magical powers just because he was born immortal.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except Europe,everyone love goku,who care about thor?

All of the world,Goku>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor

Only europe,thor>>goku