• 167 results
Posted by MonsterStomp (19320 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Who would you rather be: Aquaman or Ironman? (174 votes)

Aquaman 57%
Ironman 41%

Aquaman, ruler of Atlantis and the seven seas and member of the notorious Justice League of America. He has strength that allows him to lift an excess of 100+ tons, has shown to reach hypersonic speeds underwater, and can telepathically control marine life to aid him in the time of need.

Ironman, "genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist" and a member of the notorious Avengers. He has the strength sufficient enough to lift an excess of 100+ tons, has shown to reach hypersonic speeds and has the arsenal to literally be a one man army.

Who would you be and why?

#101 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7990 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. It's not like I have to stay with Mera. =3.

#102 Edited by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is king baby.

#103 Posted by slade_wilson (548 posts) - - Show Bio

King Arthur baby!

#104 Edited by ccraft (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather be IM, with all his money and IM suits I would explore the world and maybe go to the moon :P

#105 Edited by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#106 Posted by Spideysense44 (3520 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man bc of the fame and riches don't wanna be around fish all day

#107 Posted by _Braveheart_ (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

I would choose to be Iron Man

#108 Posted by Black_Arrow (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man. Being a king is too much responsibility.

THIS

#109 Edited by TheAuroraChild (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman...because mermaids are better than gold diggers. Plus, being royalty beats being rich. I'd own Atlantis and not have to answer to stockholders or pay taxes.

#110 Posted by sinestro_GL (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

Breathe underwater, super-strength and king vs...vs...err...vs...

#111 Posted by comicace3 (6032 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: he's not the laughing stock of the comic book world....

#112 Posted by PowerHerc (85102 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. Iron Man has been a jerk ever since Civil War.

#113 Edited by Havenless (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: he's not the laughing stock of the comic book world....

Maybe he's just the laughing stock of my world

#114 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

how can Money be losing to Water?

this is completely ass

DC fansite

#115 Edited by SheenLantern (6801 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio
#117 Posted by SheenLantern (6801 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio
#119 Edited by Paragon_Sean (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Where to begin….

Tony Stark is an egotistical, narcissistic, self-destructive, and arrogant jerk. He truly believes that he is superior to everyone else. I’m sorry, but I don’t see any redeeming personal qualities in Stark. On the other hand, Arthur might be a little cold sometimes, but he is a good person at the core (hell, in Aquaman #1 he gives a woman enough money for her to put her children through college), and he has a family which loves and respects him. At the end of the day, I would rather be Aquaman. Don’t get me wrong, I like both characters, I just don’t want to BE Stark. There is more to life than money and women.

#120 Posted by ThexX (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#121 Edited by RustyRoy (13280 posts) - - Show Bio
#122 Edited by The Stegman (25057 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Aquaman

1. King of 70% of the world

2. Leader of a powerful nation

3. Has a large army

4. Is married to a hot woman who can protect herself.

5. Has a SUCCESSFUL marriage, not a bunch of one night stands with green women.

6. Has actual powers

7. Controls some of the most dangerous creatures on the planet

8. Is in better shape

9. Is rich

#123 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18426 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

10. Looks better in a beard

11. Hangs out with the Justice League

12. Trident is one of the strongest weapons on earth

#124 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1857 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman:

1. He doesn't have a hole on his chest!

2. He is royalty, this includes being wealthy, commanding armies, if Mera leaves no biggie, he got plenty of willing pssy.

3. Powerful, super strength , super speed, enhanced senses, telepathic powers, looks like a god of war, commands sea creatures, and is a full fledge JL member, meaning they got his back in any mega threat he can't handle alone.

4. He is Way COOLER!

#125 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

I 'd rather be married to a hot wife and be a badass king, plus have superpowers and the respect than a womanizing jerk rich.

#126 Edited by Gordyman (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman, but without the dickish personality.

#127 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

Metriccrapton of money wins every time

#128 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18426 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty awesome Aquaman has a 60%+ majority going on in this poll right now.

Can honestly say I'm surprised given Ironman's recent movie success and Aquaman's bad history.

I approve Comcvine. You are all awesome (except the 38%)

#129 Posted by Vitalius (2007 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless:

I think Iron man had bad reputation until movies. Plus most source of " laughing stock Aquaman" went from Superfriends or shows whom didnt know Aquaman.

#130 Posted by Vitalius (2007 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman:

I think you have either to have the full package or none,

#131 Posted by The Stegman (25057 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty awesome Aquaman has a 60%+ majority going on in this poll right now.

Can honestly say I'm surprised given Ironman's recent movie success and Aquaman's bad history.

I approve Comcvine. You are all awesome (except the 38%)

That 60% or so, actually read comics and know that Aquaman is far from lame. I can guarantee you if this was a poll on a non comic site, the Iron Man movie bias would shine through and the Aquaman is useless fallacy will be brought up.

#132 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18426 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Agreed. Doesn't mean I cant' be happy for him here though! :P

#133 Posted by desmond006 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this a real question?? Ironman easily IMO.

For the numerous reasons stated before.

#134 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqaman, all day, every day

#135 Posted by Gordyman (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius: I want the money, I want the suit, I want the females, I want the fame. I'd just rather not be an arrogant and narcissistic a-hole.

#136 Edited by MannEffest (1294 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and here's why:

1. Powers are always on. Don't have to wear a suit to be able to do incredible things.
  2. MERA!!

This. Both answers are correct!

#137 Posted by theincrediblecj10 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman for sure! I would love to swim the oceans and not get eaten by sharks... Plus I would rule Atlantis!

#138 Edited by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we get their personality aswell? or just their life? like you know with our own mind... like if my mind as it is now got transfered into either Iron Mans or Aquamans? Or do i become the guy? like 100%??

If its A.. then Aquaman anytime of the day, no doubt, none!

If its B... Then Tony.

#140 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18426 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

@vitalius: I want the money, I want the suit, I want the females, I want the fame. I'd just rather not be an arrogant and narcissistic a-hole.

Aquaman is the King of an advanced civilization. You think he isn't rich? In more ways than just money.

Who needs a suit when your powers are on by default? Plus you get an ancient indestructible Trident!

Who needs hoes when Mera will bang you any time you want?

#141 Posted by Havenless (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: When did he bang ms.marvel?

Actually it was only in the Ultimate universe. here's a fairly accurate list of his 'scores'

#142 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman controls 70% of the f**king planet, so...

#143 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18426 posts) - - Show Bio

61% + 37%

seems legit

#144 Posted by JetiiMitra (8718 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, easily.

#145 Posted by gor724 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, lots money and a one really hot girl, or lots of money and bone a girl a night? Nobody likes you, even though your awesome, or everyone loves you and your still awesome. King of the Ocean, or king of the bed of whoever you banged 10 minutes ago. Ill go with Stark.

#146 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724 said:

Hmm, lots money and a one really hot girl, or lots of money and bone a girl a night? Nobody likes you, even though your awesome, or everyone loves you and your still awesome. King of the Ocean, or king of the bed of whoever you banged 10 minutes ago. Ill go with Stark.

I love how you think Aquaman doesn't get laid constantly.

#147 Posted by Gordyman (620 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Never said he wasn't rich, just the whole living under water and talking to fish thing isn't for me. I take what I said before back, if I could be Tony Stark with one ride-or-die wife then I'd be the happiest man alive.

#148 Posted by JetiiMitra (8718 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose Aquaman, but let's not completely rule out Tony. There's still Extremis and his vast intelligence to consider, as well as his place in the greater MU. He may not have a kingdom, but he does have a business empire, and among land-dwellers that means a lot more (at least, until Atlanteans start attacking). He's also a member - practically the leader - of the Illuminati, and the power of each member of that group combined is a huge amount of influence in the world (however much I may hate the Illuminati). There's also the whole Avengers Prime thing - he is one of the most important members along with Captain America and Thor. Also, he has the adoration of countless fangirls who persistently and quite stubbornly misinterpret every interaction he's ever had with Captain America in order to ship them together.

#149 Posted by Toa_Manaia (128 posts) - - Show Bio

' Aquaman all day peeps...

A hero who actually gives a damn, has responsibility and does not take the hard way out, a king always weighing the costs of his decisions. A man I could follow...

No contest for me as I think Stark is a slave to his own ego, He is morally bankrupt and I wouldn't trust him as an ally, personally Stark is a rich BORED brat, who treats hero work as a hobby, a plaything. Addicted to thrills and self gratification, but ultimately lonely and depressed, he is a whim away from another "Devil in a bottle" episode...

And I still haven't totally forgiven him for Civil War

#150 Edited by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant seem to choose. On one hand I get to be rich and make and wear all kinds of crazy, insane and powerful suits while banging 90% of the girls that come my way while on the other hand, I get a hot wife, super powers, a kingdom and the ability to make seafood cook itself for me :)

Man was never made to make such decisions. CIN.