• 167 results
Posted by MonsterStomp (15343 posts) 1 year, 2 days ago

Poll: Who would you rather be: Aquaman or Ironman? (174 votes)

Aquaman 57%
Ironman 41%

Aquaman, ruler of Atlantis and the seven seas and member of the notorious Justice League of America. He has strength that allows him to lift an excess of 100+ tons, has shown to reach hypersonic speeds underwater, and can telepathically control marine life to aid him in the time of need.

Ironman, "genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist" and a member of the notorious Avengers. He has the strength sufficient enough to lift an excess of 100+ tons, has shown to reach hypersonic speeds and has the arsenal to literally be a one man army.

Who would you be and why?

#1 Posted by Night Thrasher (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see:

Aquaman: King of Atlantis, hot red head wife, hot platinum blonde side piece, dead son, brother who constantly tries to murder you, used to have cool hook hand and water hand, bad@$$ beard, constant fishy smell.

Tony Stark: Buttloads of money, hot red head, blonde, brunette, black, white, latina whatever floats your boat that day. Alcoholism. Buttloads of money. Super intelligent. Buttloads of money. Coolest suit ever invented. Buttloads of money. Slept with Black Widow, She Hulk, Pepper Potts, Maria Hill, and numerous others. Buttloads of money. Kinda a prick.

Yeah I picked Stark.

#2 Posted by Havenless (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see, a multi-billionaire with women groveling at his very beck and call, a man who can pretty much create anything he can think of...

Or the laughing stock of the comicbook world.

Hold on I'm thinking....

#3 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and here's why:

1. Powers are always on. Don't have to wear a suit to be able to do incredible things.
  2. MERA!!
#4 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5404 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, money is my favorite power

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather be aqua-man he's got money, he's the king of 70% of the Earth, his powers don't rely on a suit that has been destroyed hacked and even looked like it intended to rape Tony at one point (Remember when the suit became self aware). Also despite what people think, so long as Aquaman avoids deserts he can pretty much kick ass anywhere.

#6 Posted by Night Thrasher (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: But 70% of the world doesn't take trinkets and he'll have to pawn his gold to get his money. And, we all know the Pawn Stars guys are only gonna give you 20-30 cents on the dollar!

#7 Posted by Havenless (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: But 70% of the world doesn't take trinkets and he'll have to pawn his gold to get his money. And, we all know the Pawn Stars guys are only gonna give you 20-30 cents on the dollar!

Also, who would want to live underwater? I don't care if I can't lift a dumptruck, I'd trade that for not having aquatic restrictions 24/7.

#8 Posted by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

King Of Atlantis!

#9 Posted by longbowhunter (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been one for showboating like Tony Stark. I'd never have to come into contact with people again as long as I lived if I was Aquaman. And that suits me just fine.

#10 Edited by batmannflash (6173 posts) - - Show Bio

Ruler of 70% of the world, hot wife Mera, superpowers, member of the Justice League, Atlantis a more advanced society, fit body lol...Aquaman!

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: He doesn't have to live under water, he can live anywhere he wants on Earth except for desserts. Yes he needs water to live but so does every other living thing on this planet and guess what even when you don't see it there is pretty much always water vapor in the air unless as stated you happen to be in a dessert or in an area where a sever drought is going on.

#12 Posted by MarlboroMan (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

Ruler of 70% of the world, hot wife Mera, superpowers, member of the Justice League, Atlantis a more advanced society, fit body lol...Aquaman!

Even Professor X has fit body in comics lol

#13 Posted by Havenless (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: What if the dessert has no water either? Like... scones?

#14 Edited by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by i_like_swords (12734 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see:

Aquaman: King of Atlantis, hot red head wife, hot platinum blonde side piece, dead son, brother who constantly tries to murder you, used to have cool hook hand and water hand, bad@$$ beard, constant fishy smell.

Tony Stark: Buttloads of money, hot red head, blonde, brunette, black, white, latina whatever floats your boat that day. Alcoholism. Buttloads of money. Super intelligent. Buttloads of money. Coolest suit ever invented. Buttloads of money. Slept with Black Widow, She Hulk, Pepper Potts, Maria Hill, and numerous others. Buttloads of money. Kinda a prick.

Yeah I picked Stark.

I second this. Iron Man recently did the deed with Gamora, and all he needed was one cheesy one liner. That's skill gills can't grant you.

#16 Posted by batmannflash (6173 posts) - - Show Bio

@marlboroman: lol but Aquaman's body is way more fit and he has an excuse to walk around shirtless and show it off. Imagine if Professor X walked around...excuse me, rolled around shirtless.

#17 Edited by Havenless (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

If I wanted to be a famous comedian, I'd be Aquaman. All I have to do is walk into a room and everyone will be roaring with laughter.

#18 Posted by Night Thrasher (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark's hitlist:

Feel free to add to the list

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (38208 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: But see if you were aquaman they could laugh but you could easily kick all their asses and then have a shark eat them next time they go to the beach or if they go to sea word you could have an Orca jump its tank and tear their heads off. I mean sure if you're an insecure person the armor might be your style but Aquaman doesn't have to care what others think cause he's a goddamned King with class 100 strength.

#22 Posted by Havenless (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: But see if you were aquaman they could laugh but you could easily kick all their asses and then have a shark eat them next time they go to the beach or if they go to sea word you could have an Orca jump its tank and tear their heads off. I mean sure if you're an insecure person the armor might be your style but Aquaman doesn't have to care what others think cause he's a goddamned King with class 100 strength.

So if you were Aquaman you'd immediately become a villain? Stark doesn't need to do any of that, because everyone loves him.

#23 Posted by Havenless (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: I didn't say I would just that I could there is a huge difference. Also Tony is a douche and I'd rather be Slapstick than a douche bag.

#25 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. I'll invade the surface world, take Iron Man's suit, and become Iron Fish.

#26 Posted by Night Thrasher (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark's theme song

#27 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Also Tony is a douche and I'd rather be Slapstick than a douche bag.

This

#28 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see....king of the world with awesome

Powers a giant kingdom and a wife I'm in love with and I'm the king of 70% of the world so I'm sure I'd have more wealth than Tony.....yeah I'm aquaman

#29 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5054 posts) - - Show Bio

#1 Posted by Night Thrasher (2849 posts) - 1 hour, 4 minutes ago - Show Bio

Let's see:

Yeah I picked Stark.

Don't forget he boned Gamora too. Tony's that dude.

#30 Posted by krspaceT (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher: Also Wasp, Gamora as it would seem, Pepper....

Come to think of it, the only famous marvel females I don't think he has slept with (as far as I know) who he has regular contact with are Spiderwoman, Scarlet Witch (Who has the excuse of being married) and most oddly of all, Miss Marvel.

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: Tony is probably also gonna die of some horrible form of super human std some day tho so I can take a few fish stick jokes

#32 Posted by Night Thrasher (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: But you'd be the king of the 70% of the world without Dave & Buster's or Hooter's. Give me the 30% with Hooters please!

Oh yeah added to the Tony Stark hitlist:

#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (38208 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want to be Iron Man. He get's so many sexy ass ladies!

#34 Posted by chalkshark (1180 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. Iron Man's an alcoholic.

#35 Posted by BlackWind (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, easily. Arthur may not be anythibg even resembling perfect. But the man perserveres through any hardship. Ones that would have made lesser men give up. Plus, he isn't a self destructive f*ck up like Iron Man.

Oh, Tony is so "cool" for being a playboy? Whatever. I will take a single wife who loves unconditionally over momentary satisfaction. And money? Please Aquaman is the supreme monarch of an ancient civilization. He has more bank than.Tony could ever dream of.

#36 Posted by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Just remember being Tony Stark dramatically increases your risk of catching Super- Chlamydia

#37 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Either:

Aquaman, a king with incredible powers and one of the biggest badasses in the DC Universe,

or Iron Man, an total a$$hole with no real powers who has lots of money.

I'd like lots of money, but I voted Aquaman. I'm surprised the voting is that close.

#38 Posted by Wolverine08 (38208 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Wolverine08 (38208 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I'd rather be Superman than Batman but I still like Batman

#41 Posted by Immortal777 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me think a King or a Douchebag/recovering alcoholic

King ftw

#42 Edited by Night Thrasher (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: Arthur is a douchebag too. So you'd be a King without any Hooters or TGIFridays and a douchebag!

#43 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Batman is my favorite comic book character, but I'd never want to be Batman over Aquaman. Batman's life sucks. His parents are dead, two of his adopted sons have died, and he runs around fighting incredibly creepy serial killers. Not to mention he has serious mental issues.

#44 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Would rather have a bevy of meaningless relationships or one special

One with a woman you love? Lol

#45 Edited by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher: If Aquaman wanted a Hooters in Atlantis he would have one.

#46 Posted by Wolverine08 (38208 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny people here are puerilely summarizing Tony as a alcoholic/douchebag. He's arguably the smartest man in Marvel, has an incredibly advanced suit of armor that lets him go toe to toe with powerhouses, an incredible will power, one of the richest guys in comics, co leader of The Avengers, and gets all types of hot women. It would be incredible to be Iron Man.

#47 Posted by Immortal777 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher: Not sure why you're bring up Hooters or TGIFridays as if it's important and Aquaman isn't a douchbag.

#48 Posted by Wolverine08 (38208 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I'm in the stage of life were I want to be free as bird and bang all the women I can!

#49 Posted by batmannflash (6173 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I'm in the stage of life were I want to be free as bird and bang all the women I can!

oh come on I'll rather have a meaningful special marriage with Mera for the rest of my life than go around banging chicks and catching alien/superhero STDs

#50 Posted by joshmightbe (24487 posts) - - Show Bio