Who would you like to survive Avengers Arena (besides Darkhawk & X-23)

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#1  Edited By knighthood

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

Everyone, because I hate pointless character deaths.

And seriously Arcade should never be able to kill anyone.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheCowman

M. All of the above.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By akbogert

Yeah, I can't vote. Even if I wanted to take sides, I honestly don't want Nico or Chase to die, so even if it were just those two on the list I couldn't make myself vote.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By judasnixon

Really? You guys are really boycotting a poll about avengers arena? I know people hate the book, but that's just bananas.......

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By knighthood

I do not know many of these characters but I'm pulling for Cammi with Nico a close second.

No Caption Provided

kh••d

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Decoy Elite

@judasnixon said:

Really? You guys are really boycotting a poll about avengers arena? I know people hate the book, but that's just bananas.......

I'm not boycotting the poll, I just seriously don't want anyone to die.

I don't even know who half these characters are.

Voted for Chase as I read some Runaways and I like him.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By judasnixon
@Decoy Elite: Ha Ha Ha. I was just joking. I thought it was funny there was three comments, and no one voted.....
Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I actually believed that the deaths of any of these characters would lead to serious repercussions down the road and be the basis for a meaningful story, I would be fine with most of this list getting the ax. Sadly we are now in the days of meaningless deaths come resurrections and storylines whose impact is forgotten or rewritten soon after by the next event.

Marvel has abused these things for so long there really is no impact to it anymore. Long ago the death of Captain Marvel was treated as an event because of its finality, now we joke about who is going to die and return in under a year next. I would suggest not taking anything that happens in here too seriously because Marvel will change their minds and retcon nearly everything involved sooner or later

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By knighthood

@Brazen_Intellect said:

If I actually believed that the deaths of any of these characters would lead to serious repercussions down the road and be the basis for a meaningful story, I would be fine with most of this list getting the ax. Sadly we are now in the days of meaningless deaths come resurrections and storylines whose impact is forgotten or rewritten soon after by the next event.

Marvel has abused these things for so long there really is no impact to it anymore. Long ago the death of Captain Marvel was treated as an event because of its finality, now we joke about who is going to die and return in under a year next. I would suggest not taking anything that happens in here too seriously because Marvel will change their minds and retcon nearly everything involved sooner or later

I agree. These deaths maybe completely meaningless. That would only cheapen this story overall. Let's hope Marvel gets a little brave makes a few of these deaths stick.

Speaking of this story. I don't believe Marvel will only leave one standing. Perhaps the top 3-5 will survive and probably form a new team.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By akbogert

@judasnixon: Heh. Not boycotting; I just honestly can't pick.

@Brazen_Intellect: @knighthood: See the thing is, I believe the deaths are meaningless either way. If they get resurrected in short time: meaningless. If they don't, then fine -- what, precisely, did their death accomplish? Making Arcade seem legitimate? Motivating the other characters...until they died? Again: meaningless. I don't even care whether the deaths are permanent. They're not accomplishing anything useful except a story that some people find interesting and others find lame (and that's just the readers). What the deaths do accomplish is hurting fans of the characters. So, a book doing no tangible good and much tangible bad: that's why folks like me complain.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

All of them.

Except Arcade. Arcade is lame.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Moonchilde said:

All of them.

Except Arcade. Arcade is lame.

Marvel has a huge hard on for killing minor villains, there's no way Arcade is surviving this story.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By knighthood
No Caption Provided

Looks like Nico is clearly winning. I'm still pulling for Cammi. It'd be interesting if Arcade was killed.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Voted Hazmat. She was one of my favorites in AA.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By judasnixon

Ha Ha Nico's winning.....

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#17  Edited By MatKrenz

The one I really wanna see survive is Cammi. With issue 3 Hopeless really made her so interesting in such a small amount of time and I really would like to see her meet Drax again.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By knighthood

I still think it is funny that people are saying the deaths are meaningless.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sharkbite

I will take Nico, Chase, and Hazmat all before I take X-23 (she can always be re-cloned).

I want to support Darkhawk as an old school New Warriors fan, but if the amulet and Darkhawk powers pass on to Chase, I think I could support Chris's death and Chase carrying on the legacy.