#1 Posted by Racob7 (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this has ever been done. What character would be better off in their own universe? This includes moving their villains, sidekicks, settings, etc to this new universe. I feel like this would make sense for a lot of weaker characters who don't seem to fit in with the other people in their universe who are more powerful. Speaking of which, Batma-

Okay nevermind... BATMAN DOESN'T BELONG IN THE DCU!!!

Think about it, he'd make much more sense in his own universe. He's a human vigilante in a universe full of planet busting powerhouses and cosmic beings. It just don't make no sense! Batman would be one of my favorite characters if he, Gotham, and it's numerous psychopaths were separate from the rest of DC. This was done in the Nolan films and look how well they turned out! Do you see my point?

Anyway, who do you think needs or would benefit from having their own universe?

Racob has spoken

#2 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

I think in solo-titles, many people seem like they're in their own universe already. Batman books definitely have that vibe (ie: no guests from other "worlds" or news of major events in other titles).

While not "better off", I think GL could definitely hold it's own as a separate universe (as could Batman). It's mythos is so expanded & fun that it has stories & ideas to carry a universe on it's own.

#3 Posted by ghost_runner (274 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Edited by War Killer (20293 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind Batman and his supporting cast and villains being in a separate universe.

Do team's count? Because I've always felt that the X-Men would work better in their own universe.

#5 Posted by Racob7 (6134 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: That would make a lot more sense -- why they specifically are hated when there's plenty of other freak/mutated beings in the Marvel world (and many that look "like monsters" while rarely do X-men mutants look non-human).

#7 Posted by Pokeysteve (8689 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind Batman and his supporting cast and villains being in a separate universe.

Do team's count? Because I've always felt that the X-Men would work better in their own universe.

@war_killer: That would make a lot more sense -- why they specifically are hated when there's plenty of other freak/mutated beings in the Marvel world (and many that look "like monsters" while rarely do X-men mutants look non-human).

I like this idea. Maybe I'd even read them.

#8 Posted by ganon15 (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Superman should have their own universe

#9 Edited by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to say the entire X-men mythos and Batman. Neither of these mythos belong in a shared universe.

#10 Posted by bear1318 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree Batman would be better in his own Universe, Just as Flash, Cyborg and Wonder Woman would great as Support characters in a superman universe. I felt DC missed out on golden opportunity to introduce 1 of the 3 when chose Batman for the sequel. People are go see the MOS regardless but could have introduce 1 or 2 heros instead someone we already familiar with. Then as for Marvel yes e also think the X-men should be separate from the rest. Then last why every popular marvel hero has to be an Avenger. I never liked Spiderman, wolverine, thing, Luke cage or etc as Avengers let them have their own world

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio

Tmnt are cooler on there own. If there in the same universe as a superman I think there less special

#12 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

I just had a thought regarding the hate for the X-men not making sense within a larger comic universe. The mutants are (virtually) the only ones who can genetically pass on their "freak-ness". Perhaps that's why people fear/hate them but not other "freaky" heroes - not because of the differences but because they fear their own "stock" being "polluted" by mutant genes. No problem with someone with feathers & fly-eyes....unless he's able to have a baby with your daughter. This wouldn't be surprising given the real-life racist/cultural-hate BS the world has dealt with for a very long time.

#13 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7510 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man would make sense if his power was actually that great in the grand scheme of things

#14 Edited by Pr0metheus (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood the hate for mutants,I'd love to be one compared to a random generic guy that has no significance what so ever.

#15 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men would be able to support themselves in their own universe, as much as I hate to admit it, and it makes more sense considering people hate mutants but not other super-powered mutates such as Spider-Man and Captain America.

Green Lantern could support itself in its own Universe since it's become mostly of a space book rather than taking place on Earth (which I'd like to see happen again)

I know those two were already said but I thought of them too :(

#16 Posted by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men would be able to support themselves in their own universe, as much as I hate to admit it, and it makes more sense considering people hate mutants but not other super-powered mutates such as Spider-Man and Captain America.

And thats the problem right their, superhumans get passed off yet you unanimously mutants are virtually hated with no other side of humanity accepting them. I don't buy that their should always be differing opinions but their is none. With that I say move the entire X-men mythos out of MarvelHeroes Reborn style. get some payback for that crap event Onslaught.

#17 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Bat-family, X-Men, and Lantern Corps mythos are big enough to be their own universe

#18 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya: I just kind of justify it in my head with the crappy excuse of racism and prejudice.

#19 Posted by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd hate Batman in his own universe, one of my favourite aspects about him is "his man amongst gods" theme. That he can fight alongside/against superpowered beings and still doesn't have true superpowers.

#20 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12479 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants...all of them, it doesn't make since that some people on Earth are like ''WE HATE MUTANTS CUZ THEIR DIFFERENT AND DANGEROUS'' yet when Thor or the Fantastic Four come around they're like '' Yay the Heroes are here.''

#21 Posted by Deadgod (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

Simon Garth , Legion of Monsters , Midnight Sons......actually entire Marvel horror characters should be in their own separate universe & from DC maybe Batman

#22 Edited by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: Batman is far written best when he's in his own mytho's, when he's in DC everyone has to be jobbed by him to make him look good to justify his place in DC.

@arturocalakayvee: But it doesn't work,they need to have another side of humanity that accepts mutants without that it makes the X-men stories less plausible and more forced drama like Dark Reign.

#23 Edited by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Delete.

#24 Posted by Spideysense44 (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

XMEN can handle their own universe, they already have a huge enough quantity

#25 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5690 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

XMen

Constantine

#26 Posted by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

The great positive about this is no more pointless Batman vs Superman to X-men vs Avengers crap plots. Also including no more Bat villains jobbing other DC villains.

#27 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7510 posts) - - Show Bio

The great positive about this is no more pointless Batman vs Superman to X-men vs Avengers crap plots. Also including no more Bat villains jobbing other DC villains.

that would be nice

#28 Posted by _slim_ (14245 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist.

#29 Posted by teddy_the_god_killer (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would be great...Viking adventures across the universe with an odd cameo from Hulk.

#30 Posted by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadgod said:

Simon Garth , Legion of Monsters , Midnight Sons......actually entire Marvel horror characters should be in their own separate universe & from DC maybe Batman

Agreed, I always hated that horror monster were a threat in the Marvel U. the have no impressive qualities against superhumans and mutants their only interesting when their outside the Marvel Universe stories like the MAX titles.

#31 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher, though I do also like him in the main universe.

Also, I prefer Batman in a universe with powered superheroes, the fact that he can stand along side them makes him more impressive IMO.

#32 Edited by 14NC3 (1794 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher

Batman

SHIELD

Captain America

Daredevil

The X-men

#33 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1939 posts) - - Show Bio

Charlton guys:

Captain Atom

The Question

Blue Beetle

Shade

Peacemaker

Judomaster

#34 Posted by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

New Universe

X-men

Batman mythos

X-men

Punisher

X-men

Monster Society

Morbius

Daimian Hellstorm

Teen Titans and Titans. At this point they need to leave the DC Universe to avoid further slaughter.

Captain Marvel mythos from DC. He reads better away from the DC universe.

The Hood

Flash (Barry Allen) after Flashpint get him out of here his mythos can stay though

#35 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone earlier mentioned a self-contained Green Lantern universe. I wholeheartedly agree. Make it so that the only "superpowers" in the universe are the Lantern Rings, channeled by your own emotion, whatever may be the strongest. That would make for interesting stories.

#36 Posted by tigerkaya (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one i want to is Captain Marvel from DC. Him and his mythos needs to be removed from DC it annoys me seeing him constantly be throttled by Superman in every encounter. To me Cap has a great story potential and mythos thats far better suited outside the regular DCU.