Who was the more appreciated in general culture/Who's your favorite before the new 52 one(Aquaman Or Namor)?

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Sylvain
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Or Namor

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Which one?

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think Namor was appreciated more than Aquaman before the New 52. Arthur was well known, but it was for all the wrong reasons such as fish jokes, etc. That said, I'd definitely take Namor over Pre New 52 Aquaman.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Namor was appreciated more than Aquaman before the New 52. Arthur was well known, but it was for all the wrong reasons such as fish jokes, etc. That said, I'd definitely take Namor over Pre New 52 Aquaman.

I've alway enjoyed Aquaman and i never liked anti-aquaman persons.In fact i've never liked anti-someone peoples.Evan the anti-JB makes me sick(Myself included back than i used to hate him lol)..

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sylvain: I'm not anti-Aquaman, I just didn't find his Pre New 52 version that compelling. That said, New 52 Aquaman is a completely awesome character. Johns did a great job with him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Before the New 52 Aquaman was thought to be a joke by the general public..and Namor wasn't thought of at all.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I still liked Aquaman. Bearded JLA/JLU Aquaman was bad-ass.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I think despite being more known for jokes, I still think Aquaman is more appreciated even though he is a rip off of Namor. That being said I like em both. Although Namor is the original he's a pompous jerk, while Aquaman isn't always portrayed as a Namor clone.

( + )

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sylvain: I'm not anti-Aquaman, I just didn't find his Pre New 52 version that compelling. That said, New 52 Aquaman is a completely awesome character. Johns did a great job with him.

i'm not saying you are an anti-aquaman i'm saying i dont like them.

I think despite being more known for jokes, I still think Aquaman is more appreciated even though he is a rip off of Namor. That being said I like em both. Although Namor is the original he's a pompous jerk, while Aquaman isn't always portrayed as a Namor clone.

( + )

Well Goku is never alway portrayed as an based on character either evan if he's.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Still Namor

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody even knows who namor is...

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody even knows who namor is...

Well before i used to read comics i did heard of him(Name only).His name is well known but nobody know anything about him(General Public).

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still like Namor a lot more but before new 52 i didnt even like Aquaman a bit, now i think he is pretty badass

TheAuroraChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheAuroraChild

Before the New 52 Aquaman was thought to be a joke by the general public..and Namor wasn't thought of at all.

Thread/

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sylvain

@theaurorachild said:

@the_stegman said:

Thread/

He's known to be ''the first mutant'',he's known to be an reference for when the peoples mocks aquaman(......And he wasnt evan the first,he's an namor rip off),he's the first superhero to ever fly so yeah he's known.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

@sylvain said:

@theaurorachild said:

@the_stegman said:

Thread/

He's known to be ''the first mutant'',he's known because when peoples are mocking aquaman they use namor as an reference(......And he wasnt evan the first,he's an namor rip off),he's the first superhero to ever fly so yeah he's known.

Go out on the street right now, pick a stranger out of the crowd and say "Hey, how bout that Namor, he's a riot right?" Betcha the stranger won't know who he is.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tyrus

Namor.

I hate how people use the fact that he's not known to the general public just to cover for Aquaman's sorry ass/bad reputation. People tend to forget that Namor was created first and Aquaman was just a copy that the general public these days still can't accept. There, I said it.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sylvain

@sylvain said:

@theaurorachild said:

@the_stegman said:

Thread/

He's known to be ''the first mutant'',he's known because when peoples are mocking aquaman they use namor as an reference(......And he wasnt evan the first,he's an namor rip off),he's the first superhero to ever fly so yeah he's known.

Go out on the street right now, pick a stranger out of the crowd and say "Hey, how bout that Namor, he's a riot right?" Betcha the stranger won't know who he is.

An mix of bet ya and Bitch realy?Your point is invalid go on the street and say hey do you know Aquaman i bet he wont know either.Be known(General) and be known by everyone is an different thing.The only ones who's known by everyone are Superman,Batman Hulk and Spiderman (Sometimes Wolverine,Flash,Wonder Woman,Spawn and Green Lantern commes in play but that depends)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

@sylvain said:

@the_stegman said:

@sylvain said:

@theaurorachild said:

@the_stegman said:

Thread/

An mix of bet ya and Bitch realy?Your point is invalid go on the street and say hey do you know Aquaman i bet he wont know either.Be known(General) and be known by everyone is an different thing.The only ones who's known by everyone are Superman,Batman Hulk and Spiderman (Sometimes Wolverine,Flash,Wonder Woman,Spawn and Green Lantern commes in play but that depends)

More people will know the name "Aquaman" and at least the fact that he can "talk to fish" more than they will ever know Namor the Sub Mariner, dude stopped being popular in the media in the Golden Age.

TheAuroraChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheAuroraChild

@sylvain said:

@theaurorachild said:

@the_stegman said:

Thread/

He's known to be ''the first mutant'',he's known to be an reference for when the peoples mocks aquaman(......And he wasnt evan the first,he's an namor rip off),he's the first superhero to ever fly so yeah he's known.

I never knew who Namor was until I started reading up on individual X-men.

An mix of bet ya and Bitch realy?

You're trolling, right?

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus said:

Namor.

I hate how people use the fact that he's not known to the general public just to cover for Aquaman's sorry ass/bad reputation. People tend to forget that Namor was created first and Aquaman was just a copy that the general public these days still can't accept. There, I said it.

So what being an copy/based on(In fact Namor is an based on Poseidon character) doesnt auto means you suck look at Deadpool,Goku(Superman,Sun Wukong & he wasnt the first person in fiction to throw energy blasts with his hands).....,(Every character is an based on so stop the hate).

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lightsout

Isn't Namor only like 2 years older? Was he really so known that Aquaman would be a "rip-off"? (ie: Batman is so well-known now it'd be a rip-off if someone was a lot like him, but back when he was first created he probably wasn't popular enough for it to be anything more than a coincidence).

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sylvain

@theaurorachild said:

@sylvain said:

@theaurorachild said:

@the_stegman said:

Thread/

I never knew who Namor was until I started reading up on individual X-men.

Its not because you didnt know him means everyone else didnt.I did know about him way before i started to read a single comic.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sylvain

Isn't Namor only like 2 years older? Was he really so known that Aquaman would be a "rip-off"? (ie: Batman is so well-known now it'd be a rip-off if someone was a lot like him, but back when he was first created he probably wasn't popular enough for it to be anything more than a coincidence).

Maybe,Maybe not.Personally i think he's an rip off and i dont care at all.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tyrus

@sylvain said:

@tyrus said:

Namor.

So what being an copy/based on(In fact Namor is an based on Poseidon character) doesnt auto means you suck look at Deadpool,Goku(Superman,Sun Wukong & he wasnt the first person in fiction to throw energy blasts with his hands).....,(Every character is an based on so stop the hate).

You didn't read my comment properly, I only said that because everyone here is arguing on who's more recognized.

If Namor's name was out there more it's hard to tell whether he would receive the amount of hate that Aquaman has put up with for decades...

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus said:

@sylvain said:

@tyrus said:

Namor.

You didn't read my comment properly, I only said that because everyone here is arguing on who's more recognized.

If Namor's name was out there more it's hard to tell whether he would receive the amount of hate that Aquaman has put up with for decades...

Well you didnt express yourself correctly.As for namor he's an jerk and Usians love Jerks&/BadAss in general.But than again he does sex with fishes so idk.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly. I guess being badmouthed is better than not being talked about all.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#27 god_spawn  Moderator

Aquaman was and still is more well known outside of comicdom, albeit it being mainly for jokes.

As for who I like more? Namor.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sylvain

@deaditegonzo said:

@the_stegman said:

Exactly. I guess being badmouthed is better than not being talked about all.

Well after seeing many comments saying Namor wasnt thought at all lets assume he's not -_-.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jesusdisciple001
Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jesusdisciple001
AmazonieSPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh humm i think its was Aquaman

AmazonieSPL

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aquaman but i liked namor before the new 52

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor but Arthur is cool.

AmazonieSPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

y le bump wen is obvio aquaman

For you.Look at this

Aquaman was and still is more well known outside of comicdom, albeit it being mainly for jokes.

Still Namor

@tyrus said:

Namor.

Ps:There is two questions if you didnt noticed

Who was the more appreciated in general culture/Who's your favorite before the new 52 one(Aquaman Or Namor)?

AmazonieSPL

AmazonieSPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AmazonieSPL

@mitran said:

@amazoniespl said:

@mitran said:

y le bump wen is obvio aquaman

For you.Look at this

@god_spawn said:

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Still Namor

@tyrus said:

Namor.

Ps:There is two questions if you didnt noticed

AmazonieSPL

u only said 1 answer in ur le post & no le specify wich question

@amazoniespl said:

Oh humm i think its was Aquaman

AmazonieSPL

do u even lift

That was an answer to both questions.I think Pre-52 Aquaman was my favorite and that Pre-52 One was the most appreciated in general culture.While i'm not sure this was my answer.I might need to work on my grammar if that's the problem.

AmazonieSPL

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AmazonieSPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AmazonieSPL

Are you spamming this thing or what(Not the first time i see you posting this today)?

AmazonieSPL

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Aquaman was way more famous, but in bad way. So we can say that Namor was more appreciated.

And i prefer Aquaman, i find him cooler.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Onemoreposter

Aquaman's been a boss since the COIE reboot. For some reason there is a sudden wave of a recognition after the new 52, I'm guessing because "superstar" *rolls eyes* Geoff Johns has brought a high profile attention to the character by taking over his book initially. However, AC's had some great solo series going back as far as the early 90s and got FANTASTIC representation in Grant Morrison's JLA and Alex Ross's Justice series'.

Justice was more recent, but if your a fan of Arthur Curry, it's a must read (plus, Alex Ross illustrates every panel, it's a must for that alone.)

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

never got into Namor at all, so for the 2nd half of the question my answer is Aquaman - I also really like the whole one hand, bad@ss style Aquaman they did for a while there...

As for who was more "appreciated".... not sure how to really interpret this. I'd say for general culture, the majority of people who are non CB readers/fans/etc... wouldn't even know who Namor is. You can't appreciate something you don't even know exists. As stated by people above, a lot of people still recognise the name Aquaman, although again, doesn't mean much... and yeah - he has been the butt of jokes for a looooong time.

As for the "original" - it was Namor, no doubt about that. Of course, copying each others characters is something of a hobby within comics.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman, he'll throw a polar bear at you.

No Caption Provided

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers