Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7247 posts) 10 months, 1 day ago

Who was the better Joker: Voting! (78 votes)

Jack Nicholson? 24%
Heath Ledger? 76%

I made a thread about this already, but someone suggested in there comment about making it a poll. And here it is.

So, in your opinion who was the batter Joker? Was it Jack Nicholson from Tim Burton's 1989 Batman film, or was it Heath ledger's portrayal of the Clown Prince of Crime in Christopher Nolan's 2008 Dark Knight movie?

#1 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamill

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger easily. His acting in the role was some of the best I've seen.

#3 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Ledger IMO.

#4 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said in the other thread, DEFINITELY Heath Ledger.

#5 Edited by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Batmanx2005 (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: naughty naughty someone rolled there eyes with out permission

#8 Posted by The Stegman (20734 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said on the other one, Ledger gets mah vote. Best non animated Joker ever.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (13684 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger.I didn't even like Nicholson that much.

#10 Posted by jloneblackheart (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicholson

#11 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3773 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for the guy who was crazy in real life ;)

#12 Posted by HeavyWeight (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Cesar Romero

#13 Posted by snarkybits (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath.

Jack Nicholson's Joker was not the Joker.

#14 Posted by dngn4774 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

Mark Hamill

this

#15 Posted by Celestialseed (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicholson. The only reason why I watched TDK was because of Heath's death. Other than that I go for the Nic.

#16 Posted by Jack Donaghy (828 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicholson. The only reason why I watched TDK was because of Heath's death. Other than that I go for the Nic.

Why would someone's death make you want to see a movie? Did his death also make you go see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus?

I choose Ledger over Jack, like others have said Jack's Joker wasn't really the Joker. It was just Jack playing himself.

#17 Edited by SideburnGuru (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, because the people saying Nicholson's Joker wasn't the Joker, but Ledger's was? Get real. If we're playing on the attack game, neither was Ledger's Joker.

It was damn good, but it wasn't The Joker from the comics. Don't act like his was any better. Wish there was a "Both were equally good" vote.

Ledger was too serious, and I didn't get the crazed humor from him. I saw a slow paced criminal, who played the semi-insane bit well, but didn't come across as The Joker insanity to me.

Nicholson was too over the top, and not as serious. I saw potentinal there, but it just wasn't met. He was Nicholson crazy, which isn't a bad thing. He just had the humor right.

Maybe if you combined the two, and got rid of Ledger's Crow look, it would've been perfect. But until then, I don't feel anyone was "THE JOKER".

I voted Nicholson anyway. If anything, Mark Hamil did cover it the best like @nerx said. Because he did sound PERFECTLY craze, and perfectly menacing. With humor and serious situations.

#18 Posted by Lieutenant_Awkward (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicholson, Ledger just didn't seem like the joker to me.

#19 Posted by Jokergeist (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicholson!

Heath.

Jack Nicholson's Joker was not the Joker.

..and Heath's Joker was the Joker?

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (9231 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Ledger.

#21 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger easily. Mark Hamill would be close behind him.

#22 Posted by SideburnGuru (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to fix my previous post. Major whoops.

Anyway, anyone want to give a good reason why Ledger's Joker was WAAY better than Nicholson's Joker, or are overpraising him because Ledger has sadly passed away?

#23 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: The Quintessential version , I always read joker in that voice

#24 Posted by sinestro_GL (3007 posts) - - Show Bio

As I've told my non-comic-reading friends, to me, Jack Nicholson played 'The Joker' more closely to how he is written in the comic books. Note I said Joker, so I'm not talking about his time pre-accident.

Heath Ledger, on the other hand, acted brilliantly, but was this how the Joker is written in the comics? Not really. Of course, script-writers shouldn't be burdened by having to stick to the source material to please the comic fans, since we are the minority.

#25 Posted by russellmania77 (13602 posts) - - Show Bio

Ledger out of the two. Mark hamil best joker voice (maybe cuz he uses the force)

#26 Edited by Bane_of_sith (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

@heavyweight: hell yeah!! But out of the two posted Its hard to say since they both played it so differently,,both were very cold,,it's a hard choice for me

#27 Edited by snarkybits (270 posts) - - Show Bio

I said Nicholson was not the Joker because Jack's Joker was just the character in the Shining, except he wore make-up.

Ledger actually put in the time and effort to create an original interpretation of Joker.

#28 Posted by impossibilly (876 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Joygirl (15340 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for Ledger but the correct answer is Hamill.

#30 Edited by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

Cesar Romero

That moustache...lol. He was a fun Joker though. That entire show is legendary.

#31 Posted by Celestialseed (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@celestialseed said:

Why would someone's death make you want to see a movie? Did his death also make you go see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus?

I choose Ledger over Jack, like others have said Jack's Joker wasn't really the Joker. It was just Jack playing himself.

Duh!?..Paying my respect? Subconsciously? It was his last movie although most wont and deny seeing that way but I only see that movie as his last movie. At the time of his death it was reported that it was his last movie when it came out. It was only months later that it was reported that the guy has another movie. Did that ever crossed your mind?

#32 Posted by Night Thrasher (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicholson stole the show on the first Batman movie. Ledger's was great but honestly TDKR could've been made without him. If Nicholson's was Jordan then Ledger's was Kobe and Hamill's is Russell

#33 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Ledger for me but I can see why some people may prefer Nicholson.

#34 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (4509 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude maybe it is nostalgia, but Jacks Joker scared the puberty into me. He wasn't insane or menacing enough? Really? What about the scene where he joy buzzed a guy to Death, then casually spoke to his still burning corpse? Remember his plan? Toss a hundred thousand dollars unto the streets of Gotham just to cause chaos and then Joker gas people to death?That is something Joker would do. He even had the cartoony weaponry. If Heath was a better Joker, it was by a very small margin.

#35 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15912 posts) - - Show Bio

ledger by a mile.

#36 Posted by CaptainLantern76 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger by a LONG, LONG SHOT!

#37 Posted by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio