#1 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7486 posts) - - Show Bio

Was it Jack Nicholson from Tim Burton's 1989 Batman film, or was it Heath ledger's portrayal of the Clown Prince of Crime in Christopher Nolan's 2008 Dark Knight movie?

Personally I can't decide. I think they both did a great job. One depicting the Joker of the time, and the other the more modern one.

I guess it just depends on what mood I'm in.

Make sure to vote here.

#2 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6040 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack Nicholson. I didn't really like Heath Ledgers Joker.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger. Nuff said.

#4 Posted by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: @v_scarlotte_rose:

I'm voting Jack Nicholson's joker as well, though I think Heath's is great in his own rite.

I just prefer Jack's. His portrayal just ensues hilarity. I found him more funny and by consequence, more chilling in how he carried out his crimes. That unflinching smiling face really puts a cold chill down your spine when you see him dancing to Prince, gassing people, throwing money in the air and basically just terrorizing Gotham all the while. Grundgy Joker is cool and all but he's not as chillingly funny as acid face Joker.

Jack to Heath's Joker (after shooting him dead): "Never rub another man's rubarb! HaaahahHAAhaa"

#5 Edited by jumpstart55 (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were great, but i found Jack Nicholson Joker to be more funnier, and Heths Joker to be much more morally ambiguous and menacing.

#6 Posted by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: I agree except for the morally ambiguous part. I found both of them to be morally wrong no matter how you sliced it. That much is apparent. They just had different justifications for their menacing behavior. But at the end of the films no one ponders over the grayness of ther actions, it's pretty black and white.

#7 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2107 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger gets my vote, Nicholson was great but no where near Heath's performance IMO.

#9 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

My reason for taking Ledger of Nicholson is that Ledger's Joker was just more menacing. The type of guy I wouldn't want to be locked in a closet with. Nicholson's Joker was good for what it was, but he came off as a comedian to me. Ledger Joker was funny too, but just in a sick, twisted way.

#11 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5945 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger's performance of the Joker is one of my favorite performances of all time, and one of the main reasons The Dark Knight is my 3rd favorite movie of all time. It was an amazing adaptation of one of the best comic book characters to ever exist, and, while Jack Nicholson's was good, it doesn't even come close in my opinion.

#12 Posted by dondave (33499 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath

#13 Posted by Onemoreposter (3869 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: They're both great, but I have to go with Jack.

You should have made this a poll.

#14 Posted by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

@onemoreposter: agreed, about Jack and the poll part.

But it's pretty obvious Heath would win.

#15 Posted by nightwingnerd (321 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath od course

#16 Edited by The Stegman (22765 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger. Though Jack was better than I ever thought he'd be.

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Heath Ledger.

#18 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7486 posts) - - Show Bio

@onemoreposter:

Man, I can't believe I didn't do that.

Mind if I use your idea?

#19 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Ledger.
Sure he made less jokes, but he was completely terrifying, which is a big part of the point of the Joker.

#20 Posted by Onemoreposter (3869 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7486 posts) - - Show Bio