Who was/is the best Spider-Man artist?

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love Spidey but I do not like how most people draw him. Who is your favorite Spider-Man artist? Also, any suggestions of Spidey graphic novels with good art and a solid story would be greatly appreciated!

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like Giuseppe Camuncoli, Todd McFarlane, both Romitas and the dude who was on ASM right after Romita Jr. left - I forgot his name. :P

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ditko is my fav. He is the visionary among Spider-man artists. His style has always connected with me somehow, in fact I was trying to emulate it before I could read and write. As I got older, I found that I could relate to Ditko's philosophy of allowing his work to speak for itself, and shunning the spotlight, even though my work now has little to do with comics. To me, power and responsibility means not exploiting our advantages over other people at their expense or to exalt yourself, but using them in goodwill, silently and with integrity.

Best Spider-man story ever
Best Spider-man story ever

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like John Romita Jr's art for Spider-Man. Ditko captured Peter Parker and who he is the best and McFarlane did the awesome webs, but I prefer Romita Jr overall at this point.

As for great Spidey stories with good art... Kraven's Last Hunt was pretty good. I also liked Torment. If you want classic try finding Spidey's first battle with the Juggernaut (229-230) or the Boy Who Collects Spider-Man (248). And of course there is always the first Ultimate Spider-Man run that was pretty great.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like John Romita Jr's art for Spider-Man. Ditko captured Peter Parker and who he is the best and McFarlane did the awesome webs, but I prefer Romita Jr overall at this point.

As for great Spidey stories with good art... Kraven's Last Hunt was pretty good. I also liked Torment. If you want classic try finding Spidey's first battle with the Juggernaut (229-230) or the Boy Who Collects Spider-Man (248). And of course there is always the first Ultimate Spider-Man run that was pretty great.

All sound choices. Boy, Torment freaked me out as a kid. All the McFarlane issues did.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Quickfingers26

@darthmummy: Thanks. I agree 100% about what you said about Ditko too. For me, he captured the difference between every other superhero and Spider-Man, and that is what makes Peter Parker so special. He is relateable and fallible.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Todd McFarlene and whoever did the Spiderman End of Earth saga.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I like Giuseppe Camuncoli, Todd McFarlane, both Romitas and the dude who was on ASM right after Romita Jr. left - I forgot his name. :P

Mike Deodato Jr?

No Caption Provided

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Duzz

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

Mike Deodato Jr?

No Caption Provided

OHh he's good too, love him on Wonder Woman and Avengers but HATE HIS FRACKING GUTS FOR what happen with Gwen and Norman. That is why I blot it out.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By transcendence

Greg Horn.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@battle_forum_junkie: Yes that's him. I liked his art quite a lot!

@duzz: I'd think Sin's Past was more to do with JMS than Deodato... though I do hate it as well!

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JRSR