Who was "Green Lantern" before Geoff Johns?

landrysaathoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By landrysaathoff

CALLING ALL GREEN LANTERN PROFESSIONALS!

My friend recently asked me if he could borrow my entire Geoff Johns Green lantern collection (I'm pretty sure that I have everything, in various formats, including the tie in GLC issues and Ion, etc)

Well, I gave him the first issue (Rebirth) and he was completely lost upon completion. So I gave him Secret Origin to read next, and he liked that much better, but it didn't really answer any of the burning questions he had from Rebirth.

So it got me thinking... What if I collected a bunch of issues from before Geoff John's run, bound them into one book, and created a prologue of sorts? I think that would be tons of fun to collect/read.

So I asked my friend which points of Rebirth is he most confused about? He names the following...

-Who is Kyle Rayner?

-Why was Kyle flying a spaceship out of the sun twords the beginning of the book?

-Where did Kyle obtain Jordan's body?

-Why is Jordan a ghost? (Which we know, is the Spectre)

-Who is the Sinestro guy, and what is he all about?

I've been told these trades have important plot points.

-Emerald Dawn

-Emerald Dawn II

-Emerald Twilight

-A New Dawn

-Zero Hour

-Final Night

-Also, if you know of any important issues that tell about Hal and his transformation into the Spectre.

-And lastly, I heard Alan Moore has some cool issues that I would like to include (Mogo Doesn't Socialize, Tygers, etc wtc)

I understand that I could just get the collected versions above, but that wouldn't be as cool and making my own collected prologue. Plus the set of induvidual issues are usually cheaper than the TPB in this case.

I KNOW THAT I WROTE A LOT, SO THANK YOU FOR READING, ILL POST A PICTURE OF MY HOMEMADE OMNIBUS WHEN ITS COMPLETED.