• 180 results
#151 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: Agreed Tbh I didn't even know Christian Bale before Batman

Thats Y imo an unknown not so famous actor should play the part.

#152 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Given that WB announced this movie for 2015 fairly confidently, something tells me they have all ready an outline of the movie done and have been working on it (probably) even before Man of Steel was released. They may not know who is their guy yet, but I get the feeling that they probably have it narrowed down.

All I know is its going to be a long 2 years for me while I wait for this movie to come out. Its such a huge deal.

If they screw this movie up, you can pretty much forget about a DC Cinematic universe for the next 10-20 years. People are never going to forgive them.

But if...if they get this movie right...there's no way to predict how successful this movie and their universe going forward could be. I mean...Its Batman and Superman...in the same movie! The two most iconic (and yes they are, sorry if you don't like them) superheros of all time in 1 movie? I mean who's inner nerd hasnt' been doing back flips from the moment this movie was announced? Mine isn't going to stop until I'm sitting in the theater with a coke and popcorn, watching it unfold.

Whoever they pick for Batman...just don't screw it up ;)

#154 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: yea I think they know who their guy is and already told him he got the part because whoever they choose would probably need time to work out and get in shape. Especially since their filming at the beginning of next year.

#155 Posted by Abhi471990 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock playing batman. He would just make superman look punnny infront of him.

#156 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#157 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio
#158 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

Randy Quaid.

Unexpected. Gotta go for shock value here.

#159 Posted by MonsterStomp (20606 posts) - - Show Bio

Taylor Kitsch - He's a good actor, good looking, can be trained. Batman!

#160 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio
#161 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, apparently there are some rumors of this guy, Tyler Hoechlin, playing as Batman. I've never heard of him. Although he definitely got the look, the real question is how is his acting?

#162 Posted by patrat18 (10894 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever said Karl Urban is a genius, he'd be bad as hell for the role, plus I know he is a fan of comics to begin with so he'd most def take the role a 100%, and he isn't the guy who bitches about too little face time on screen (talking about Dredd yes) so now we can actually get a Batman movie with Batman appearing more than for 10 minutes.

exactly look at cap, thor, iron man, hawkeye can't even keep his glasses on it's insaine

#163 Posted by MonsterStomp (20606 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: i cant see him being picked over other actors

Why not? Man has skills. I compared his work in Battleship to Wolverine: Origins.

#164 Posted by ccraft (5596 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Adkins is perfect for the part, I'm gonna go into more detail in my blog soon.

#165 Edited by DwightSpitz (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298 said:

@chaos_prime: Agreed Tbh I didn't even know Christian Bale before Batman

Thats Y imo an unknown not so famous actor should play the part.

If you think Christian Bale was "not so famous" before Batman you are dead wrong. He was a huge deal in the actor world long before Nolanverse.

#166 Posted by MonsterStomp (20606 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Dude you have me convinced now. I just seen Universal Soldier: A Day of Reckoning and Scott was a killer! He can do just about anything. His acting is average though. Few movie martial artists can act. Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Jason Statham are good. Scott Adkins and Tony Jaa are average.

#167 Posted by ccraft (5596 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Yeah I agree with ya, Scott is an average actor. I'm sure he could pull of a good Bruce, and be the best live action Batman.

#168 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Im still not convinced about his acting but he would be the best batman fighting wise

#169 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Fassbender is perfect for the role, but incredibly unlikely to get it because of the X-Men movies.

That said, I'd go with either a no name actor

#170 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameskm716: yea a no name might actually be the best choice

#171 Edited by randomsuperuser (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Adkins is better suited than most of the contenders.. I mean Tyler Hoechlin and Ryan Gosling?? Some fangirl fanservice right there.. I mean, I could see them as Bruce Wayne maybe, but not as Batman. Also Gosling's chin would look weird with the cowl on. Overall I prefer unknown actors to get superhero roles.

If not Scott Adkins and his badassery, I would definitely support Jeffrey Donovan!

#172 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio
#173 Posted by MonsterStomp (20606 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd pick so many actors over Scott Adkins. All Scott is, is better physically fit for the portrayal of Batman, sadly that doesn't cut it. How many martial artists besides Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Jason Statham do you see as well known? Not many. Scott doesn't have that much of a fan base.

Josh Brolin is the top contender thus far from what I've heard. I believe he could do justice to the role too. It's not like he can't get in 6 months of training in to look like Superman. It is impressive that Scott is a natural fighter, but anyone can be a fighter, its really in the camera work and fight choreography. I'm sure in Scott's films there is some choreography happing there. So what is really the difference? Scott looks like Batman, he isn't as good an actor than George Clooney or Christian Bale or Josh Brolin for that matter. I'm not saying I'd hate for Scott to be Batman though. I think he could be good, but he wouldn't be my first option.

#174 Posted by randomsuperuser (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: I really don't think playing Bruce Wayne requires superb acting skills. Billionaire playboy with a dark broody side, I mean really?

#175 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (20317 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian bale.. trolol

#176 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

bale is not coming back !!!!!!

#177 Posted by Exia009 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon Hamm is the correct answer.

Barring that, there's a ton of actors that could do the role justice: Ryan Gosling, [the formerly rumored] Armie Hammer... Hell, as long as they stick to the 'picking an older actor' for the role shtick, I think they'll do fine.

#178 Edited by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@exia009: Batman should be the same age as Cavill

#179 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not MOS 2.

#180 Posted by randomsuperuser (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh Brolin was Jonah Hex lolol

#181 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio
#182 Edited by jeanespinosa21 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

heres my concern can an older actor keep up being batman well into his 50s? I mean its not like RDJ with iron man that he's about to be 50 iron man isn't at peak strength batman has to be. Also if there was a batman why no mention of him in mos2? Iastly they have to have chemistry because they may start fighting but will eventually be pals i cant see the worlds best superheroes where one is more of a father figure instead of a friend.

#183 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanespinosa21: this is one of the best comments on the board. i also hate the idea of trying to make Batman a father figure. and i hatte when pople bring up the fact that RDJ is 50 becuase iironman is nothing like Batman. Batman has to fighr and do be agile. all ironman does is punch and shoot lasers. so it doesnt matter what condition RDJ is in

#184 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale, even though Nolan has a contract with him saying that he can't be played as Batman in any other movie besides his. Meaning no more playing Batman for Bale until TDKR 2.