Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6105 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Who should be the villain of Man of Steel 2? (60 votes)

Lex Luthor 35%
Brainiac 32%
Darkseid 2%
Parasite 5%
Doomsday 5%
Metallo 7%
Mr. Mxyzptlk 0%
Mongul 2%
Cyborg Superman 3%
Bizarro 5%
Other (specify in comments) 5%

Who do you think should be the villain in Man of Steel 2? I personally think Lex Luthor (maybe with Doomsday or Parasite as a side villain). I would choose Brainiac, but I think he should be saved for a third installment.

#1 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

From what it looks like its gonna be Lex and someone else. Hopefully Metallo. And to be honest its kinda too soon to have Brainiac in it. We don't need another alien invasion. Leave that for JL or MOS 3.

#2 Posted by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor for 2. Braniac for the 3rd

#3 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6105 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: I didn't think of Metallo for the side villain, that would work a lot better than Doomsday or Parasite.

#4 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by NovaRichRider (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. Not sure. I don't want to see a depowered Superman, that would be boring. So no Lex, Metallo, or Parasite.

#6 Posted by Joygirl (18456 posts) - - Show Bio

While I realize saying "no Lex" is like saying "no Joker" in a Batman movie (maybe even worse), I want to see some incredible brawls. Bizarro, Doomsday, Etrigan, or Braniac would be my picks... voted for Bizarro. He needs a quality movie to make him relevant again.

#7 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex has to be it. Superman' kind destroyed the city and Superman killed Zod that's ammo for Luthor.

#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (15782 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to wait to see the confirmed villains for the Justice League movie but it'd probably be Lex.

#9 Posted by ColonelRunAway (369 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Super Doomsday. Played by Zack Snyder.

#10 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. He should kick the living sh*t out of Bats and perhaps break his neck... Just to shut up the Batwankers! No kryptonite in snyderverse beyotches! Nyahahaha!

#11 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

Also it would be cool if Lex made Metallo and Superman had a brawl with Metallo like twice then in the end a huge fight scene with Lex.

#12 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, I want the elite backed up by luthor. I want supes to struggle in his fight to defend his boyscout morality while being haunted by his neck breaking past. Who better to defend the uncompromising morals than one who has suffered it?

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

In this Universe, Luthor and Metallo fit the best, but Kryptonite doesn't exist so Metallo would technically be rendered moot.

Having Brainiac or Parasite would be amazing.

#14 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6105 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: They could introduce Kryptonite in the sequel. I'm not sure if they said there wouldn't be Kryptonite in the whole franchise.

#15 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: They could introduce Kryptonite in the sequel. I'm not sure if they said there wouldn't be Kryptonite in the whole franchise.

They could introduce it into the franchise but Kryptonite exists from shattered pieces of Krypton that essentially traveled with Superman's ship. Although in Man of Steel, Clark's ship essentially warped across the universe via the phantom drive which jumped far before Krypton exploded.

#16 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac.

#17 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion Lex Luthor should be the villain for number 2 however not as the main villain. He should be a side villain that you see in the shadows studying Superman and gathering data etc. MOS3 should have Lex Luthor as the main villain after creating Bizarro and having him fight Superman before Kal discovers the man behind alot of his shortcomings since MOS2.

#18 Posted by The_Tree (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac. Introduce Lex, but build up his hate for Superman and let that come to a boil in the third.

#19 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

Introduce Lex, but don't make him the primary villain until the third movie. We've seen enough of Lex.

#20 Posted by jumpstart55 (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

The second movie should have Brainiac and as for the third film i'm not entirely sure yet.

But please dear God no more Lex Luthor, we've had a enough, he should be a side villain at best.

Lex,s days as a primary villain should be over, for the sake of diversity.

#21 Edited by hunter5024 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Lex, but now I'm wondering if it's maybe too soon to use him again. They should at least introduce him.

#22 Edited by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Braniac but if it was Mr. Mxyzptlk it would be awesome to have the voice of Iago from Aladdin; Gilbert Gottfried

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K1RcKJVbHA

#23 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11062 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really hoping MoS was going to allude to Brainiac being the 2nd villain. Something like that the A.I. systems on Krypton that followed Jor-El around would be a Brainiac system but it ended up not :\

So..since it might not be Brainiac, I vote foooorrrr.... Parasite. That way, we can see Superman become vulnerable without the need for Kryptonite or another Kryptonian.

#24 Posted by The Stegman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex, with Metallo as his henchman. Brainiac is too big for a sequel. We just had a Zod invasion, we don't need another right away. Lex would be the perfect choice. People keep complaining about Superman wrecking Metropolis. I can see Lex using that to his advantage to turn the public against Superman. I wish it could be Michael Rosenbaum though...

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex, with Metallo as his henchman. Brainiac is too big for a sequel. We just had a Zod invasion, we don't need another right away. Lex would be the perfect choice. People keep complaining about Superman wrecking Metropolis. I can see Lex using that to his advantage to turn the public against Superman. I wish it could be Michael Rosenbaum though...

That is the perfect way to introduce Lex in this.

#26 Edited by Saren (25272 posts) - - Show Bio

.........I will always want a live-action Henshaw. Mxy just wouldn't translate well to screen.

#27 Edited by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

after seeing what supes can do in this new movie. If everybody thinks lex should be the villain he better have someone there too save his ass. I hope they keep kryptonite out of the movies for a while.

Also people need to stop talking about him breaking buildings and stuff like that. There is always collateral damage even in his own comics.

#28 Posted by dondave (34286 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac

#29 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Parasite would be neat, having him be working under Lex or someone else maybe.

#30 Posted by adonyx78 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see Lex, failing to leash Superman, trying to create his own and thus is born Bizarro. Metallo and Parasite could be his first two attempts to create a pet Supes. Bizarro, the big fight, would be his closest success.

#31 Posted by Punisher141 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want a Alien invasion movie. introduce Lex as a main villain and Metallo as a side villain.

#32 Posted by ccraft (5036 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex has to be it. Superman' kind destroyed the city and Superman killed Zod that's ammo for Luthor.

#33 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

parasite

#34 Edited by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac. If it's Parasite, it would basically be like the first one all over again. We already seen him fight someone with the same powers.

EDIT: I actually think it should be Brainiac and Luthor both.

#35 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (360 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the way Man of Steel played out and all the stuff dealing with the world being able to handle the existence of Superman sets up Lex Luthor perfectly for a sequel.

#36 Posted by JediXMan (29514 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see a serious Lex Luthor for a change. That or Brainiac.

#37 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3875 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Lex, for the love of god, he is almost every movie. It's Brainiacs turn.

#38 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Braniac as the main villain and Lex as the side villain maybe.

#39 Edited by Black_Claw (2886 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna be Lex. Or if they decide to go with the "2 villains in one movie" route like what they did for the Nolan Batman movies, we can possibly have Brainiac as the main villain with Lex as the side villain.

#40 Edited by sagejonathan (1808 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Lex Luthor as long as they know how to make him good. For MoS 3, I'd like to see Bizzaro or Braniac.

#41 Edited by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex, and Metallo. A doctor is funded by Lex but is actually using his fundings for something else. His first test subject dies. Then his friend Jon Corben gets in a bad accident while kryptonite lands on Earth.