Who should be the villain of Man of Steel 2?

• 53 results
Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Poll Who should be the villain of Man of Steel 2? (75 votes)

Lex Luthor 35%
Brainiac 27%
Darkseid 3%
Parasite 5%
Doomsday 5%
Metallo 8%
Mr. Mxyzptlk 0%
Mongul 4%
Cyborg Superman 5%
Bizarro 4%
Other (specify in comments) 4%

Who do you think should be the villain in Man of Steel 2? I personally think Lex Luthor (maybe with Doomsday or Parasite as a side villain). I would choose Brainiac, but I think he should be saved for a third installment.

• 
SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SandMan_

From what it looks like its gonna be Lex and someone else. Hopefully Metallo. And to be honest its kinda too soon to have Brainiac in it. We don't need another alien invasion. Leave that for JL or MOS 3.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lex Luthor for 2. Braniac for the 3rd

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: I didn't think of Metallo for the side villain, that would work a lot better than Doomsday or Parasite.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SandMan_
NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Not sure. I don't want to see a depowered Superman, that would be boring. So no Lex, Metallo, or Parasite.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

While I realize saying "no Lex" is like saying "no Joker" in a Batman movie (maybe even worse), I want to see some incredible brawls. Bizarro, Doomsday, Etrigan, or Braniac would be my picks... voted for Bizarro. He needs a quality movie to make him relevant again.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Lex has to be it. Superman' kind destroyed the city and Superman killed Zod that's ammo for Luthor.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to wait to see the confirmed villains for the Justice League movie but it'd probably be Lex.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I want Super Doomsday. Played by Zack Snyder.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ssejllenrad

Batman. He should kick the living sh*t out of Bats and perhaps break his neck... Just to shut up the Batwankers! No kryptonite in snyderverse beyotches! Nyahahaha!

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Also it would be cool if Lex made Metallo and Superman had a brawl with Metallo like twice then in the end a huge fight scene with Lex.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssejllenrad

Seriously, I want the elite backed up by luthor. I want supes to struggle in his fight to defend his boyscout morality while being haunted by his neck breaking past. Who better to defend the uncompromising morals than one who has suffered it?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

In this Universe, Luthor and Metallo fit the best, but Kryptonite doesn't exist so Metallo would technically be rendered moot.

Having Brainiac or Parasite would be amazing.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: They could introduce Kryptonite in the sequel. I'm not sure if they said there wouldn't be Kryptonite in the whole franchise.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By Deranged Midget

@deranged_midget: They could introduce Kryptonite in the sequel. I'm not sure if they said there wouldn't be Kryptonite in the whole franchise.

They could introduce it into the franchise but Kryptonite exists from shattered pieces of Krypton that essentially traveled with Superman's ship. Although in Man of Steel, Clark's ship essentially warped across the universe via the phantom drive which jumped far before Krypton exploded.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

Brainiac.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion Lex Luthor should be the villain for number 2 however not as the main villain. He should be a side villain that you see in the shadows studying Superman and gathering data etc. MOS3 should have Lex Luthor as the main villain after creating Bizarro and having him fight Superman before Kal discovers the man behind alot of his shortcomings since MOS2.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Brainiac. Introduce Lex, but build up his hate for Superman and let that come to a boil in the third.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Introduce Lex, but don't make him the primary villain until the third movie. We've seen enough of Lex.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The second movie should have Brainiac and as for the third film i'm not entirely sure yet.

But please dear God no more Lex Luthor, we've had a enough, he should be a side villain at best.

Lex,s days as a primary villain should be over, for the sake of diversity.

hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hunter5024

I voted Lex, but now I'm wondering if it's maybe too soon to use him again. They should at least introduce him.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By SavageDragon

I voted Braniac but if it was Mr. Mxyzptlk it would be awesome to have the voice of Iago from Aladdin; Gilbert Gottfried

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K1RcKJVbHA

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kidchipotle

I was really hoping MoS was going to allude to Brainiac being the 2nd villain. Something like that the A.I. systems on Krypton that followed Jor-El around would be a Brainiac system but it ended up not :\

So..since it might not be Brainiac, I vote foooorrrr.... Parasite. That way, we can see Superman become vulnerable without the need for Kryptonite or another Kryptonian.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

Lex, with Metallo as his henchman. Brainiac is too big for a sequel. We just had a Zod invasion, we don't need another right away. Lex would be the perfect choice. People keep complaining about Superman wrecking Metropolis. I can see Lex using that to his advantage to turn the public against Superman. I wish it could be Michael Rosenbaum though...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex, with Metallo as his henchman. Brainiac is too big for a sequel. We just had a Zod invasion, we don't need another right away. Lex would be the perfect choice. People keep complaining about Superman wrecking Metropolis. I can see Lex using that to his advantage to turn the public against Superman. I wish it could be Michael Rosenbaum though...

That is the perfect way to introduce Lex in this.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Saren

.........I will always want a live-action Henshaw. Mxy just wouldn't translate well to screen.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cfrehse

after seeing what supes can do in this new movie. If everybody thinks lex should be the villain he better have someone there too save his ass. I hope they keep kryptonite out of the movies for a while.

Also people need to stop talking about him breaking buildings and stuff like that. There is always collateral damage even in his own comics.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Parasite would be neat, having him be working under Lex or someone else maybe.

adonyx78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Lex, failing to leash Superman, trying to create his own and thus is born Bizarro. Metallo and Parasite could be his first two attempts to create a pet Supes. Bizarro, the big fight, would be his closest success.

Punisher141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want a Alien invasion movie. introduce Lex as a main villain and Metallo as a side villain.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex has to be it. Superman' kind destroyed the city and Superman killed Zod that's ammo for Luthor.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Brainiac. If it's Parasite, it would basically be like the first one all over again. We already seen him fight someone with the same powers.

EDIT: I actually think it should be Brainiac and Luthor both.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the way Man of Steel played out and all the stuff dealing with the world being able to handle the existence of Superman sets up Lex Luthor perfectly for a sequel.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36 JediXMan  Moderator

I'd like to see a serious Lex Luthor for a change. That or Brainiac.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

Not Lex, for the love of god, he is almost every movie. It's Brainiacs turn.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Braniac as the main villain and Lex as the side villain maybe.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#39  Edited By Black_Claw

It's gonna be Lex. Or if they decide to go with the "2 villains in one movie" route like what they did for the Nolan Batman movies, we can possibly have Brainiac as the main villain with Lex as the side villain.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By 2chimcha3

I say Lex Luthor as long as they know how to make him good. For MoS 3, I'd like to see Bizzaro or Braniac.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lilben42

Lex, and Metallo. A doctor is funded by Lex but is actually using his fundings for something else. His first test subject dies. Then his friend Jon Corben gets in a bad accident while kryptonite lands on Earth.

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BabyDarkseid

mongul, bizarro, cyborg superman since darkseid will be a JL villain and doomsday was already used

brainiac will possibly be a future JL villain or save him for MoS 3

metallo and parasite are fodders but they can be used with lex behind it

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lex

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tj849
werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for Lex but i don't mind if they brings Brainiac

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I want Lex in his Warsuit

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex has been in way too many movies. Here’s how it should go Superman is doing some sort of operation in space, when he is caught in a massive explosion knocking him out. He wakes up to find that he is drained of his powers and on course to be a slave in an alien planet. This planet is ruled by Mongul.

Through some sort of means, he escapes, but is heavily injured. He is healed by the local populace, and inspires them to rebel against Mongul using hope, because he’s Superman. The inhabitants of the planet along with Superman unleash a siege onto the capital. In the ensuing battle, Superman gains his powers back throw some sort of means, and then flies over to confront Mongul.

Mongul defeats Superman easily, and then unleashes the Black Mercy upon him. The rebellion is eventually defeated and imprisoned. While in the Black Mercy, Superman experiences a dream where he is with Lois Lane on Krypton. Eventually, Superman has to give up this paradise, for the greater good, and frees himself from the Black Mercy. Superman then frees the people from the Prison. It is there where he is informed of another powerful prisoner.

He frees the prisoner, and it is here where we are introduced to the Martian Manhunter. Superman and Martian Manhunter then team up to defeat Mongul and free the planet. Afterwards, the planet is freed and they want Superman to rule over them, but he refuses.

At the end of the movie, Superman has no way of getting home, but it is then when we are introduced to the Green Lanterns as a teaser, who offer to give Superman a ride home. The movie ends with Superman returning to Earth, and introducing Martian Manhunter to the Justice League.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby: The flying, super strong, godlike character is captured and enslaved on a strange planet only to be helped by a green guy?

Sounds like Thor Ragnarok.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laughingbatman: I actually got my ideas from the Justice League episode. You have to admit that it sounds pretty cool though.