Who Should be the Villain for the Green Lantern Reboot?

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Tex_The_Slayer

When GL gets a reboot who should be the first villain? I personally would love to see the manhunters as the villains. Which would lead too sinestro as the villain in the next movie. ( Of course this would be similar to the original GL movie in which sinestro was suppose to be the villain in a sequel.) Thoughts? Maybe start off with the Red Lanterns? Or Sinestro Corps? or maybe a New 52 Villain like Relic?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

F*ck continuity, bring back Mark Strong, the movie might have been sh*t but he was epic as hell. Michael Clarke Duncan was also awesome as Kilowog.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

F*ck continuity, bring back Mark Strong, the movie might have been sh*t but he was epic as hell. Michael Clarke Duncan was also awesome as Kilowog.

This

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rogueshadow:

I agree. Mark Strong made the perfect sinestro. My biggest problem with the movies were the designs of pretty much everything from the Guardians, Corps member (Like Kilowog and To Mar) and the horrible CGI suit. I just feel the last movie which wasn't as bad as people say was still a bad taste to leave on the DCCU. I'm also fairly sure Reynolds isn't coming back and I for one think Hal Jordan should get another chance as he has earned it... at least more then Boring old John Stewart :/

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

This

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Hand.

Beata

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1st Movie - Have "Dr Polaris" or "Evil Star". Introduce one of the two as a great threat to Mankind and Earth.

2nd Movie - Bring back Mark Strong as Sinestro. And introduce the Yellow Lanterns as a threat to the Green Lantern Corps.

3rd Movie - By the Gods I better see some got damn Red Lanterns in the third movie. Introduce the Red Lanterns as a threat to the entire Universe.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zaied

Atrocitus would be good.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman-----It's the only surefire way DC can be sure it succeeds this time.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with the GL movie is they completely ignored the new rule of making good cbm's which is to totally ignore the studios' desire to also make it into a romantic chick flick thinking it will make more money that way. Just be a true cbm with very little time wasted on a romance and it will greatly improve. This is why the Batman's, Avengers and movies like Winter Soldier were so much better. No forced romantic element, just focus on doing a good story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@amazingwebhead: Agreed, especially on the Killwog/MCD front. May he rest in peace

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro should be the last villain.

So they explore him.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I wouldn't say the last villain(need him for stuff like Blackest Night possibly) but later on would be good.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I wouldn't say the last villain(need him for stuff like Blackest Night possibly) but later on would be good.

You have to build him, the whole one movie build doesnt work, you need to see his path to "darkness".

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should start out with Sinestro and his corp, intro the other light corps in a second film and end the trilogy with a corp war with Volthoom the First Lantern or Blackhand threatening all existence....That's how I'd do it.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

You have to build him, the whole one movie build doesnt work, you need to see his path to "darkness".

I don't know. I think having him imprisoned in the first movie, absent in the second (or maybe only as a cameo and referenced,) and leading the Sinestro corps in a third would be fine.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

I don't know. I think having him imprisoned in the first movie, absent in the second (or maybe only as a cameo and referenced,) and leading the Sinestro corps in a third would be fine.

The evil guy that looks like Satan its a walking spoiler alert.

If you build his friendship with Hal, showing how some one could be a villains, but being move by a good reason, it would shock people and make them relate more with him.

Humanize him.

Sinestro isnt evil, he has ideals, he has reasons, that is why DC villains have stomped Marvel villains in the movies.

You need to show that even after all the problems, Sinestro would never stop being friends with Hal, that is more intense that being evil for the sake of being evil.

Ras wasnt "evil", sure his method were wrong, but he was right.

Zod wasnt "evil", he wanted to save his race.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I didn't say he didn't need to be built, just that he doesn't have to be the villain at the very end of the saga in order for that to happen.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: also Zod and Ras were both evil just not "pure evil" regardless of how pure their desires were.

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larfleeze. I don't care if over half the audience won't understand why Man-Bear-Pig is fighting Hal, I just want to see it happen!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@deathpoolthet1000: also Zod and Ras were both evil just not "pure evil" regardless of how pure their desires were.

Ras wanted to do the same that Batman, Batman isnt the most cristal clear case of morality, he stops Ras from cleaning Gotham.

Zod wanted to save his race, Superman destroy the Kriptonian race, at least until they find a weird way to solve this by bad writing.

DC isnt dealing with "evil", they understand that their antagonist see themselves in some way heroic.

Magneto isnt "evil" either, people has problem with the idea that villains are humans, because that would mean in some way "normal" people could be the villains.

Funny how people can point The Punisher being "good", but this guys being evil.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: as I said, regardless of their intentions, they're still evil. Zod wanted to wipe out all existing life on earth to continue his nearly dead species. That is genocide which is evil. Ra's has no right decide whether anyone (let alone a whole city)deserves to live or die. Just because someone sees themself as heroic doesn't mean they aren't evil , it could also mean they're deluded.

You have a point about the punisher (although he's never harmed anyone on the scale that these guys have and he doesn't let innocent people get punished alongside the bad ones

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By kidchipotle

Movie 1 - Keep Hal earth based. Fight someone like Dr. Polaris or Evil Star. Have him win with like 15-25 minutes left in the movie. Then introduce the Corps to him. Have Sinestro, Tomar-Re, and some others enter Earth and take Hal to Oa. Explore that briefly. End with Sinestro and Kilowog saying they will be training him. CLIFF HANGER!

Movie 2 - Hal is now trained, has been on adventures. Atrocitus is a one off villain in the beginning just so we familiarize with him for later. Sinestro talks about how the Guaridans don't have their best interests in mind. Talks of rebellion. Ironically, Durlans invade Oa. They're the big villains for this. Corps wins but Sinestro is not happy with the blue guys for being unprepared. He tries to argue with the Guardians saying they are not fit to rule the Corps anymore but we then find from the all-knowing Guardians that Sinestro orchastrated the invasion. They imprison him in the anti-matter universe where he discovers the yellow. CLIFF HANGER!

Movie 3 - Opens with Hal getting injured on a mission. He can't operate as a GL anymore. Ring chooses either Guy or John as his replacement. Guy/John is now a GL and he quickly goes through training. Meanwhile Sinestro breaks out of the anti-matter universe and secretly recruits new Sinestro Corps members. He finds Atrocitus on Ryot and he begs Sinestro for a power ring to get revenge on the GLC. Instead, he is killed at the hands of Sinestro for seeming so weak. Atrocitus falls into the blood river and becomes a Red Lantern, unknown to Sinestro who had already left the planet. Meanwhile, Ganthet is kicked out of the Guardians for defending Jordan's case about remaining as a GL even though he is unfit for duty. He then leaves in exile, full of Hope that he can still make a difference in the universe. Sinestro then invades Oa with his new found Corps and is just wrecking everything. John/Guy is not trained enough to successfully lead the Lanterns like veteran Hal would have been. Oa is in shambles. Back on Earth, Hal is visited by Ganthet who informs him of what's going on. Hal, full of rage, wishes he could do something. Ganthet says he has a plan but needs Hal to heal a bit more. Carol, who is there at bedside with him, feels so helpless because of how much she Loves Hal. As she wishes she could help him, a violet beam of light captures her and she disappears. She appears in front of unknown creatures who tell her they could sense her love from across the universe and will grant her the power to help her love, because the fate of the universe is at stake. Carol then becomes the first Star Sapphire. Back on Earth Hal is freaking out because Carol is now missing, Ganthet says his plans must move forward despite Hal still being injured. He tells Hal to have Hope and then All Will Be Well. Hal is now a Blue Lantern, he and Ganthet return to Oa. Hal uses the Blue Power to recharge the Green and give them a fighting chance. Green and Blue fight Yellow. Colors galore. Just when things seem to be looking brighter, Atrocitus attacks with his new crew of Reds, he's been doing some recruiting as well. Now its G&B v Y v R and it's getting crazy. Red is wrecking everything because their rings work differently than the other ones. Hal and John/Guy are too busy fighting Sinestro to notice that Hal can stop the Reds. The Reds destroy most of the Greens which causes Sinestro to ask for a temporary truce with Atrocitus. He agrees but then says he plans on killing him after he gets his revenge on the Greens. Before they go for their killshot on Hal and John/Guy, they are frozen in violet icebergs. Hal looks up and it's Carol leading an army of Violet Lanterns. Thinks are looking bright again. Hal knows he must become a Green again beat Sinestro so he quickly purifies the reds before John/Guy return the ring to him. Now he and Sinestro are on equal fighting grounds. Hal wins after he throws Sinestro into the Central Power Battery. It cracks. Sinestro, his Corps, and the Reds are all taken into custody. The Greens celebrate. The Guardians are like Ganthet you are exiled you must leave now with your sacrilegious blue power. Then they exile the Violets for their power is not appreciated on Oa either. One week later, Hal wakes up on Earth with Carol. He walks into the bathroom to show and notices the sides of his hair are greying. CLIFF HANGER!!!!!

Not sure why I went so in-depth with movie three but I just kept the ball rolling.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

Not Sinestro, I want the opposite of the first GL movie. Don't have it take place on Earth, make it a space adventure. Have Hal Jordan and Sinestro trying to stop some big space baddie. Show Sinestro slowly disagreeing with the Guardians and the Corps and finally defect at the end, choosing the Yellow Energy instead, then have the Sinestro Corps War as the sequel.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Sinestro, Make a film out of the Emerald Dawn 1&2 story. Ending with Sinestro forging a Yellow Ring.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

Sinestro Corps or Red Lanterns, anything else will be very upsetting.