• 58 results
#1 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple. Just vote for who you think should be the next character introduced in the New 52.

I voted for Terry McGinnis, although I was torn between that and Stephanie Brown.

#3 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Zoom(Hunter Zolomon)?

#4 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Or, someone else. like Traci 13, and Catman.

Most of those characters will likely not return because DC wants one version of the Flash, Batgirl, and Wonder Girl.

That is why Renee Montoya is gone. Such a shame, too.

#5 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

What about Zoom(Hunter Zolomon)?

Crap! Knew I forgot someone.

@Twentyfive said:

Or, someone else. like Traci 13, and Catman.

Most of those characters will likely not return because DC wants one version of the Flash, Batgirl, and Wonder Girl.

That is why Renee Montoya is gone. Such a shame, too.

Well that's a good thing. It means we finally get Vic Sage back.

#6 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Mr. Miracle

#7 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: To many favorites to decide so I just went with Wally although I wouldn't mind if any of the other characters were introduced in the New 52.

#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: I had that same mindset, and still kind of do, because I think that the Question persona is more suited to a man.

But at the same time, DC's callous disregard for such an interesting, and strong relationship that was built between them annoyed me. Even if they bring her back, they can giver her a new identity. But oh well.

#9 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Which version of Aqualad are you talking about? I assumed the version that they use in Young Justice.

#10 Posted by SmashBrawler (5977 posts) - - Show Bio

Ambush Bug.

#11 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@TheCannon: Which version of Aqualad are you talking about? I assumed the version that they use in Young Justice.

That is who I was talking about.

@SmashBrawler said:

Ambush Bug.

Not on the list. Another one I forgot.

#12 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephanie Brown.

#13 Posted by SmashBrawler (5977 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@SmashBrawler said:

Ambush Bug.

Not on the list. Another one I forgot.

Nah, I was only joking. He did leave the DCU before Flashpoint, though.

#14 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: There are many characters that he could have put but lets stick to the ones on the list.

#15 Edited by Teerack (7156 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait for Wally to show up.

#16 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Agent Orange hasent made an apperance yet so my vote is for him.

#17 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

AHHHHH, I voted accidentally on the wrong person. I wanted to vote for Aqualad. Though I really wanted to vote for Aqualads (both Jackson and Garth)

#18 Posted by SmashBrawler (5977 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

Larfleeze? He showed up in Green Lantern: New Guardians and is having his own special feature in Threshold.

#19 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@Chaos Prime said:

Larfleeze? He showed up in Green Lantern: New Guardians and is having his own special feature in Threshold.

Ok, just a few days ago i was told he hadent.Will name & shame em LOL :)

#20 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Plastic Man and Jack Ryder exist at least, they were shown in the first issue of JLI. Ted Kord will be showing up in Multiversity, although I think the series might be non-canon with the New52. :( I think @Twentyfive knows?

@xybernauts: Garth exists too, but was only mentioned in one text bubble, once.

#21 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@TheCannon: Plastic Man and Jack Ryder exist at least, they were shown in the first issue of JLI. Ted Kord will be showing up in Multiversity, although I think the series might be non-canon with the New52. :( I think @Twentyfive knows?

Yes, but both Plastic Man and Creeper were just cameos. I'm talking about a full appearance. I have not heard anything about Ted Kord being brought back though.

#22 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally not necessarily as part of the new 52 batman storylines but maybe like a detective comics miniseries I'd like to see a Batman Beyond Story arc that involves Damian Wayne and what happened to him. Does he become the League of Assassins new leader? Did he stay in Gotham to do his own thing? Is he dead? I think it would be interesting.

#23 Posted by TheThe (1748 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Fate. He should lead the Justice League Dark.

#24 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Power Girl is up there, but Wally definitely needs to come back.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be a good Flash event to crossover with Kid Flash, Bart's history..or rather future history can finally catch up to him,(maybe it could turn out Bart was a member of the Fatal Five and they come to the past to get him back?)  Barry can try to help him, meanwhile, Iris' nephew, Wally West, can be visiting and taking an internship at the CCPD, where he studies under Barry. The Fatal Five attack the CCPD, knowing Flash works there, Wally tries to be a hero, gets attacked by Lightning Lord (rebooted as a member of the FF) falls into chemicals and BOOM becomes a speedster. 

It would be a good way to shake up Wally's origins a bit, as well as make for an interesting story to bring the Flash Family together.

#26 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheThe said:

He hasn't shown up yet? I thought he did, otherwise he'd be on here and I would of voted for him.

#27 Posted by Mini_Bat (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the Flash family back I love Barry but come on Wally West, Jay Garrick, Max Mercury, and all their kids. Bart was one of my favorite characters but the reboot version just isn't working for me right now, maybe have him interact with Barry more or make him more like his Impulse days, those were amazing in my opinion.

I want Steph and Cass back too but not with some forced excuse, both have a pretty long history in Batman and the Robin series, I rather have to wait a year on one of them, then see them as Gotham new teen girl duo that fight crime while trying not to be late for cheer practice.

#28 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

The Creeper

Honorable mentions to Elongated Man.

#29 Edited by TheThe (1748 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@TheThe said:

He hasn't shown up yet? I thought he did, otherwise he'd be on here and I would of voted for him.

I dont think so. He's kind of referenced in Earth 2 under the name "Fate", but i havent seen him yet. Apparently, Jeff Lemire wanted him in Justice League Dark books but Dr Fate was reserved for James Robinson's Earth 2 books. Dr Fate is rumored to appear in the ninth issue of Earth 2.

#30 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@KnightRise said:

Yes, but both Plastic Man and Creeper were just cameos. I'm talking about a full appearance. I have not heard anything about Ted Kord being brought back though.

I'm sorry to have not responded over the past day. Sandy killed the lights throughout my block. I am teaching my brothers how to survive right now, lol.

Peace.

#31 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not as crazy about getting Terry into the new 52...

but Stephanie brown, Donna Troy and of course Wally West would be my choices with Elongated man and Ted Kord coming in tied for second place...

#32 Posted by Strider92 (16756 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Azrael or Backlash

#33 Posted by Dernman (15264 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so many people on that list I don't want.

#34 Posted by Dernman (15264 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet said:

but Stephanie brown, Donna Troy and of course Wally West would be my choices with Elongated man and Ted Kord coming in tied for second place...

I'm not crazy about Terry being in Main DCU either. Ted Kord aka Blue Beetle will be in multiversity from the Charlton Comics world.
#35 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11267 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain without a doubt. I'd like to see a team up series with her and Tim Drake.

#36 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

Why?

#37 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqualad

#38 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: yeah, that's a reason why he is my secondary choice to be part of the new 52, because I knew he would be taken up one time or another...

@TheCannon said:

@The Poet said:

Why?

For me I have always seen Batman Beyond as one of the most famous, multi-media Batman Elseworld Stories ever. I mean his is the classic "what-if" story: What if the hero retires and ciity still needs saving? Who will step up and take up the mantle?

Terry is an awesome Batman, but he's not the Batman of Detective comics, Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing, or other mainstream new 52 Batman series. Heck, he's not even the Batman of Gotham for that matter. He is the Batman of Neo-Gotham. If Bruce is the "Dark Knight" then Terry is the "Tommorow Knight". He is the Batman of another universe, but not an offical universe in the Post-Flashpoint universe (unless Grant Morrison has that universe mentioned in Multiversity or other wise). Thus, I don't think we'll have a "Spidermen"-like crossover ever. The Beyond concept might be popular enough to spawn 3 digital series and have physical reprints (thank you DC!), but not everyone reads that series (though I wish everyone did...). If it was more popular, then maybe we might see a New 52 / Beyond Crossover, but I don't see that happening.

There are other options I'm sure you were thinking of like establishing him in the regular universe. I just don't think he would transition well. He futuristic character. One element of him is his dependence on technology. I know we have more tech than say the silver age, but he drives a flying batmobile for goodness sake. He is a futureistic character and that element of him would be missed. and even if he was, what would he be? He can't be Batman (that's taken...) and I don't know what title would actully taken him (can't be batman...that has more newer materal. Can't be Nightwing because their character types overlap a little bit. So Who would he be and where would he appear?

If a writer picked him up for one of the ongoing new 52 series, they would be really limited for how to use him. Cameos could work and have worked, but I ahve a hard time seeing one of the writers trying to squeeese Terry into the new 52. I think they have a lot leway to write in Batman Beyond Unlimited because they have so much freedom. There is no preexisting stories, so they can write what happens to any DC character pretty much.

So, I don't think it would be easy to place him into the new 52 if he was the same age and time period as Nightwing. The only way I see this happening is having a "One Million" sort of concept where the Batman of the Future comes back to the past. It would be cliched a tone if they did that because it has been done so many times, but that's the only way I see Terry being established as a anything more than a flat cameo character. Maybe writers could suprise me and make into the new 52 well, but I sort of doubt it. I will say you asked Why.

#39 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Cass Cain
  2. Wally West
  3. Steph Brown
#40 Posted by SmashBrawler (5977 posts) - - Show Bio

My serious entry would be Colin Wilkes, Abuse. He was a fun character and it was a great idea to give Damian a friend.

#41 Posted by Mini_Bat (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

My serious entry would be Colin Wilkes, Abuse. He was a fun character and it was a great idea to give Damian a friend.

Agree with this Batman and Robin have been great but it feel like they went a little backwards on Damian development and Colin was one of those points, pulse he was a pretty cool character

#42 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Helena Bertinelli - put Wayne in Earth-2 and let Helena B be in the main continuity if they don't want duplicate characters give Wayne a new one. It worked for Bette Kane so why not her?

Cass Cain - reading her run as Batgirl, DANG

Donna Troy - Always preferred her to Diana, just pick one of her convoluted origins. I vote for the Titans of Myth one

Wally West - He's like a brother to me

Renee Montoya - Nobody said she has to be the Question, she can be a cop again and we can kill off Maggie Sawyer... or Sawyer could live whatever

: You put that (Terry in main continuity) way more civil and eloquently than I would have.

#43 Posted by Gordon Kelly (59 posts) - - Show Bio

All the rest of the DC Heros should be in the new 52. What about Cain and Abel? Ther part of the DC Unverise House Of Mystery and House of Secrets. That would be awsome to see them in the New 52 series for new readers and bring back some of the old school heros and make them new again for new readers.

#44 Posted by JediXMan (31026 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain.

#45 Posted by JediXMan (31026 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gordon Kelly said:

All the rest of the DC Heros should be in the new 52. What about Cain and Abel? Ther part of the DC Unverise House Of Mystery and House of Secrets. That would be awsome to see them in the New 52 series for new readers and bring back some of the old school heros and make them new again for new readers.

They're more Vertigo than anything else; yes, it's part of DC, but it should be treated differently. I do not want to see the Endless in the least bit changed.

#46 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West.

#47 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Just get rid of the New 52 and bring back the real DCU.

#48 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

Just get rid of the New 52 and bring back the real DCU.

No, that would be too easy and make too much sense.

#49 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goldenboy_Prime: You're probably right.

#50 Edited by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@Goldenboy_Prime: You're probably right.

Pssh we're talking comics after all. Your logic is your undoing lol