#1 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

As we all know characters in comics die very easily while in the war of good vs evil. As this has gone on casualties have obviously occurred and some remain more memorable then others. Here's my question though which characters would you like to see brought back from the dead?

For example one character that i would like to see brought back from the dead is Vulcan.

Vulcan

For any that don't know he is the youngest of the Summer's boys and like his brothers was also a mutant. However he was an omega level mutant and hinted at being beyond an omega level mutant by Emma Frost. He is capable of flight, energy manipulation on all levels of energy, and might possibly have the power to control fire, earth, electricity, wind, water, darkness, and light. He was even strong enough to become the emperor of the Shi'ar and faced Black Bolt in battle this battle however is what lead to his death.

As a result i think that he would be an interesting character to bring back and would be a great warrior to serve as an ally to his brother.

#2 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Ted Kord.

Ralph and Sue.

Garth (Aqualad/Tempest).

#3 Edited by War Killer (20152 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Mask (Roman Sionis)

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Garth
  • Jean Grey
  • Drax
  • Starlord
  • Nightcrawler
#5 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok then here's my next question why do you want them brought back from the dead?

#6 Posted by GuruOfFunk (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Vic Sage as The Question. He doesn't even need to be revived and given his own book, I'm fine with him just popping up in other peoples books.

#7 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion

#8 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack Kirby and Michael Turner..

#9 Edited by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

nightcrawler and jean grey( maybe even Sentry...)

because I guess nightcrawler is my favourite X-man and because I think we need more big blasters like sentry and Jean

#10 Posted by Billy Batson (57971 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Nightcrawler appearing currently in UXF and Deadpool? Or is that some other version of him?
BB

#11 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Isn't Nightcrawler appearing currently in UXF and Deadpool? Or is that some other version of him?
BB

That's Age of Apocalypse Nighcrawler

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (57971 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

That's Age of Apocalypse Nighcrawler

Yeah that was it. Is there much of a difference?
BB

#13 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: He's a lot colder and has no qualms about killing. He's a bamf, pun intended.

#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler 616 and Wasp

#15 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@GuruOfFunk said:

Vic Sage as The Question. He doesn't even need to be revived and given his own book, I'm fine with him just popping up in other peoples books.

Rumor is, your request has already been granted.

#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheOptimist said:

@GuruOfFunk said:

Pray tell. I love Vic.
#17 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@TheOptimist said:

@GuruOfFunk said:

Pray tell. I love Vic.

The rumor is that he'll make his first appearance in the upcoming DC New 52 FCBD offering... somewhat of a revised origin, but one that honestly kinda intrigues me. I know it'll set some Vic fans off, but the new hook sounds like it'll add a new dynamic to him.

#18 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I say keep em all dead. And I'm a major fan of Nightcrawler and Jean Grey. Keep dead characters dead and make new ones. Move on. Otherwise you just cheapen your storylines.

Oh yeah, stop cloning and doing alt future/dimension versions. That is just lazy writing.

#19 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

The cloning and alternate futures and dimensions isn't exactly lazy writing. I understand where you are coming from with that comment but at the same time in these alternate futures and dimensions you can do things that you wouldn't be able to in the normal universes.

#20 Posted by The_Tree (7295 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Kent (he was more so erased from existence, but I still want him back), Ralph and Sue Dibny (their deaths were cheap), Garth (his death was cheap), and Owen Mercer (his death was cheap).

#21 Posted by GuruOfFunk (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist: Ohhhhh man, that is the single greatest comic news I've heard in a LOOONNNGGGG time. The origin change doesn't bug me, I just want Vic back.

#22 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4305 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see: genis-vell.

#23 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Fate (Kent Nelson and Inza Nelson), Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), Mimic (Exiles), Major Mapleleaf (Louis Sadler Jr), Puck (Zuzha Yu), Tempest and Dolphin, Orion, Hawk (Holly Granger), Ted Kord, Ralph and Sue, Sentry and Lindy.

#24 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Abomination
  • Bullseye
  • Brother Voodoo
  • Omega Red
#25 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, there are so many...

#26 Posted by DeimosMasque (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Lian Harper, if there was one death that could be defined as worthless it's hers. And being an oldschool Teen Titans fan, I miss the joy she added to those comics.

Also 616 Sage. I think her "death' at the end of Exiles was a lame way to get rid of a rather intriguing character.

#27 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination

The Anti-Venom suit

Wasp

Nova (Richard Rider)

Thanos

Starlord

Sentry (Yeah, I said it)

#28 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright here's another one that i thought should be brought back and i'm happy he is being brought back. Ragnarok the clone of Thor. He is certainly a powerhouse seeing how he can do everything that Thor can due to him being a clone but what i personally like the best is his arrogance. He didn't have to go through the lesson that Thor did about being human and humility and as a result is frankly very stuck up.

Ragnarok

With him being brought back into continuity i think we will see something very interesting. For one he is going to be working with Skaar and Decapitator. I think seeing these three together will be very interesting to see as everything plays out.

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (37752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kavahaden: Ragnarok can't do everything Thor can and was pretty much shown to be vastly weaker than Thor was.

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

:regardless if he can or can't(my mistake) i still look forward to him being brought back

#31 Posted by Murder_2120 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think characters should be brought back unless that is their power. I think it should be treated like going to war; you only do it when you are absolutely sure and accept that there is no going back.

#32 Posted by Kavahaden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I do respect your opinion and i must agree on some levels however some characters are just so loved and favorited that people can't help but want them brought back

#33 Edited by _Zombie_ (10414 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares. To this day it is one of the most cheaply-written, stupid, and frustrating deaths to ever happen in comics. And it happened to a pretty awesome character. Thor's come back like.. what, twice? Why not Ares?

#34 Posted by ImmortalOne (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

Manitou Raven, he was an interesting character, even if he wasn't as major as some other characters.