Who's voice was better? Nolan's Batman or Nolan's Bane?

• 66 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who's voice was better? Nolan's Batman or Nolan's Bane? (47 votes)

Batman 49%
Bane 51%

vs

THE BETTER VOICE!

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also if you think Bale's voice sounded like a chain smoker, then you have never heard a chain smoker before.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By modernww2fare

@jayc1324 said:

Also if you think Bale's voice sounded like a chain smoker, then you have never heard a chain smoker before.

I have, and it does(in TDK/R anyway). Like a chain smoker with heavy throat-infection almost

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I compare it with the voice of Bale in Batman Begins then It is close but Bane still wins.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'm annoyed we never got to see hear Bane when he was angry,that was the one emotion Hardy left out.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm annoyed we never got to see hear Bane when he was angry,that was the one emotion Hardy left out.

Wasn't he angry as f*ck when Batman damaged his mask?

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda enjoyed Bane's i mean not at first but it grow at me. For Batman even if i hear that voice 10 more movies, i am still not gonna get used to that. It's just like somebody said here earlier. It sounds like a 8 year olds mimicking monsters.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer: So you like the chain-smoker out of breath voice?

I like the fact that it doesn't sound human but more like a dark demonic creature of the night, which is how Batman should sound. He's meant to prey on the fearful, taking advantage of the fact that criminal's are superstitious, so having a voice that is deep, cracking-like, and doesn't sound human is what Batman is going for and is what we get in the films. Plus, as I mentioned before, it's also to help mask his voice and better hide his identity as Bruce Wayne, which is exactly what it does because his Batman voice sounds nothing like Bruce Wayne's voice.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: For a 'demonic' voice, it sure gets laughed at a lot and parodied to oblivion

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: For a 'demonic' voice, it sure gets laughed at a lot and parodied to oblivion

So does Bane, yet people are praising him even now in this thread.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: With Bane it's nowhere near as much, especially since he's only been in 1 film as opposed to 3 like Batman

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: With Bane it's nowhere near as much, especially since he's only been in 1 film as opposed to 3 like Batman

True, but people still criticize Bane's voice just as people also criticize Batman's. It all comes down to opinions at the end of the day, and personally I don't mind the voice that much.

That said, I actually didn't find Bane's voice at all intimidating in TDKR and actually found it hard to understand him at points in the film. When I think of Bane, that voice was not what I was picturing him sounding like which made it hard to take him serious as times.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By modernww2fare

@war_killer: Agreed, it'll always sound like Sean Connery with a Darth Vader mask to me lol

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm in the minority when it comes to Batman's voice, but personally I liked it and it made sense to me in the fact that the voice sounded like something not-human, which is what Batman is suppose to appear like to criminals. But at the same time it also was meant to disguise Bruce's voice to better help hide his identity.

Sure, using a voice-disguise like Green Arrow does on Arrow might have been a better idea, but for what it was I actually never really minded the voice in the Nolan films.

I agree, I always liked it too. Never understood the HUGE amount of hate for it.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Bane's.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Edited by GraniteSoldier (9327 posts) - 1 month, 17 hours ago - Show Bio

Bane. Sophisticated and cold blooded ruthlessness is far more menacing than screaming, growling, and actually trying.

This

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman in Begins

SWEAR TO ME

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points