#1 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's Smarter Bruce Banner or Tony Stark?

Which company has better technology Banner Tech or Stark Industries?

#2 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by dscythe (40 posts) - - Show Bio

from the first few issues of indestructible hulk id say Banner is smarter, but otherwise i have nothing to base that on

#4 Posted by captainsaul (140 posts) - - Show Bio

According to degrees its Dr Bruce Banner and Tony Stark doesn't have a docotorit

#5 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed Richards > Hank Pym (but crazy) > Bruce Banner (but crazy) > Tony Stark > Peter Parker

Tony Stark has other aspects that he's brilliant at however, such as the business angle of things. And really, any list like the one I made above ignores how hard it is to quantify intelligence, especially when you ask "intelligent in what way?" or "in what field?"

#6 Posted by RIKR2 (10733 posts) - - Show Bio

We can’t answer that because there are expert of their field! So maybe one know more than the other in different stuff

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17772 posts) - - Show Bio

depends more on the field i say as an engineer , tony takes the cake, but when it comes to radiation, tony can kiss burce's arse....

ewww.....

#8 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Each specializes in a specific area and is the best in that area for the Marvel Universe. For overall in what they share. I think Banner is the 4th Smartest in the Marvel Universe with Tony taking 5th. Reed Richards gets 1st, Doctor Doom in 2nd and Hank Pym in 3rd(just so you know).

#9 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

idk really. Stark was engineering and banner was gamma expert but then he made banner tech witch proves he is a genius in physics and engineering also. But stark has made so many other things. Pheonix buster uru armors . Id say there pretty even but id give a slight edge to Tony

#11 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are smart in different fields .

#12 Posted by SirMethos (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

Define "smarter".

#13 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner can make incredible armor.and is leads better than tony in radiation knowledge so I'd Bruce the edge.

#14 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7774 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut: Well, they're both geniuses, just in there respective fields. I don't think there's any way to judge who is "smarter" then the other...

#15 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortium: I can't read what the second image is saying, but for the first one, trying to engineer an ability that you don't have vs. engineering something to accomodate your powers are two different things in my opinion. What I am saying is, could Peter do that without his powers? Probably not as easily as he did with them. Hank is smarter imo.

#17 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of tech i say tony, but for a broader scope of the sciences i'd have to say banner.

#18 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5713 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both experts in different fields and a good way to determine who's smarter is to take an IQ test.

#19 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Banner's specialty is gamma radiation, Tony's specialty is nanotech.

Both are experts in certain fields and not experts in others.

#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the area of expertise.

#21 Edited by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

Just gonna leave these here. Pretty sure they speak for themselves.

Answer your question?

#22 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortium: And? I'm not doubting he's smart, but he's not Reed Richards and he's not the "scientist supreme" or whatever.

#23 Posted by russellmania77 (14823 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne

#24 Edited by tupiaz (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Reed Richards > Hank Pym (but crazy) > Bruce Banner (but crazy) > Tony Stark > Peter Parker

Tony Stark has other aspects that he's brilliant at however, such as the business angle of things. And really, any list like the one I made above ignores how hard it is to quantify intelligence, especially when you ask "intelligent in what way?" or "in what field?"

You forgot Hank McCoy. He appears to me to be around Bruce Banner's level. You could even put Magneto and Xavier in the lot as well. They invented cerebro. PP's biggest invention was what? His web shooters and web fluid not that it isn't amazing and yes he did get a high education. But mostly he has been a teacher and photographer and yes he has been working for a big company in Dan Slots run. But still shouldn't he had figure out a another way to make money invent technology instead of having "normal/standard" jobs?

#25 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Oh, I know. I just don't think he belongs at the bottom of the list.

#26 Posted by Onemoreposter (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelantern1995 said:

I think Banner is the 4th Smartest in the Marvel Universe with Tony taking 5th. Reed Richards gets 1st, Doctor Doom in 2nd and Hank Pym in 3rd(just so you know).

I agree with this pretty much. Although I'd LOVE for Pym to actually be the Scientist supreme.

#27 Posted by Owie (3670 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like when they started way back in the day, Bruce was clearly smarter. Originally (60s-80s), Iron Man didn't come up with quite so many, and quite such high level, tech accomplishments. His suit had some limits. I feel like now Tony works almost (but not quite) at Reed Richards' level, where he can just make whatever he wants in a couple days. No limit on the kind or level of accomplishment. He's basically rocketed up on the smarts scale. But Bruce doesn't have quite as many opportunities to show off his smarts, since half of his life he's the Hulk. But I would still say that theoretically Bruce is smarter. @jonsmith's scans above are pretty good.

#28 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

By smarter I meant who has the higher IQ.

#29 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelantern1995 said:

I think Banner is the 4th Smartest in the Marvel Universe with Tony taking 5th. Reed Richards gets 1st, Doctor Doom in 2nd and Hank Pym in 3rd(just so you know).

#30 Edited by SirMethos (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomnaut: In that case, Bruce Banner is smarter.

#31 Edited by Kramotz (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool... this thread isn't 3 years old like most.

To answer the original question: Bruce Banner.

Why? Because, unlike Tony, Bruce can dive into other fields of science and grasp advanced concepts with ease. He has outsmarted Tony on more than one occasion. Banner Tech is just a prime example of Banner's ability to master any intellectual field (we have recently fount out that he is a brilliant engineer).

Now... about Hank Pym... he isn't smarter than Banner! OKAY? People take the title of "Scientist Supreme" the wrong way. That title was only granted to Hank because of his ability to make the impossible possible with science, nearly bordering magic, NOT because he is the best scientist on the Earth. Banner has also displayed more feats, as far as I'm aware.

Current top 5 from greatest to least are:

1./2. Reed Richards/ Victor von Doom (these two are either even or too freakin' close to make a differentiation)

3. Robert Bruce Banner

4. Henry "Hank" Pym

5. Anthony "Tony" Stark

#32 Edited by HumanRocket (7622 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner from what were just seeing in the new indestructible Hulk issues guy has got some ideas.

#33 Posted by Jeanvaljean_24601 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this said Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark. And of course Wayne would have won that

#34 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're both equally smart in their respective fields. Just depends on what you value more.

#35 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce cured a disease that baffled tony and made a device that shut down dooms armor so ill go with bruce

#36 Edited by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Different kinds of genius. This is mentioned elsewhere in the Marvel U... Some event in which the various genius-types are all described. At the end of it all, Hank Pym was described as the one who's genius was most scientifically pure.

#37 Posted by Kramotz (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker, since he was mentioned, is also like Banner, in that he can apply his genius to multiple subjects with ease (technology: has fixed the cosmic cube; engineering: has made various suits on par with some made by Tony Stark; chemistry/biology: applied these fields of science to making his web-shooters (which can also go under the field of engineering) and to cure a flesh-eating disease, if I'm correct).

Pete is kind of the wild-card when it comes to the most intelligent people on Earth. He could end up being on par with Reed (as stated right out of the horse's mouth), surpassing Pym... or he could forever be a smartass bottom-feeder. It all depends on who's writing him.

#38 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

they are the same smart but just on different topics

#39 Posted by Edouoble (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith What comic is that that you posted?

#40 Posted by force_echo (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Regardless of who's "smarter" or not (intelligence is impossible to quantify), Tony has used his smarts far more than Bruce has. Tony has created cities, helped people, develop worldwide free energy and networking, strived to eliminate urban poverty, and has worked on real and applied technology, showing is where science can take us from the real world, like all truly good science fiction, whereas Bruce just works on applied phlebotinum and deus ex machinas, like Reed Richards.

#41 Posted by Noone301994 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark