#1 Posted by Sonic_jack (239 posts) - - Show Bio

give a reason why you think it

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18754 posts) - - Show Bio

Gadgets are a little more realistic (as in, could actually make) than a Human suit of armor like Iron Man's.

more or less the same otherwise

#3 Edited by RaggedScarecrow (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Gadgets are a little more realistic (as in, could actually make) than a Human suit of armor like Iron Man's.

This.

#4 Posted by thesuperiorspiderfan (6 posts) - - Show Bio

In a far future i think suit of armor will eventually be realistic than gadget ( i mean, why need gadget when you have reach the age of nano tech with multiple use and such)
But for now, gadget is more realistic, a suit of armor that cost billions just for one man is too much.

#5 Posted by ShenKuei (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of characters, story, writing etc. I'd say Iron Man but in terms of powers and gadgets, Batman. Neither of them is even remotely realistic though.

#6 Edited by Jonez120 (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man has far more realistic motives and personality.

Batman has a more realistic power set.

#7 Edited by Cap10nate (2654 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with neither.

A person would still be killed from whiplash or internal bleeding inside that suit of armor and no one could ever master every single martial arts style in the world and be the world's best detective and be able to invent all kinds of gadgets.

I think the fact that he has no powers and is supposed to be human makes Batman one of the most unrealistic characters in the comic universe.

#8 Posted by RustyRoy (13539 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by judasnixon (6942 posts) - - Show Bio

We have the U.S. military trying to build a real life Iron Man suit.......

#10 Edited by Outside_85 (9918 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently... the one that stretches imagination the leasts is Batman.

#11 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman... His "tech" is more grounded in reality(if you will), if you were filthy rich you could actually get a Batman suit built out of Boron Carbide/Kevlar/Nomex.

#12 Posted by Black_Arrow (3668 posts) - - Show Bio

We have the U.S. military trying to build a real life Iron Man suit.......

If it is the suit I think it is, then they have too many differences with the Iron man suit.

#13 Edited by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Iron Man is potentially the most realistic.
  • Batman is currently the most realitic.
#14 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

America is trying to make the MK.1 suit with TALOS

Australia made batman's functional armor with UMW

#15 Posted by bob808 (6780 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

#16 Posted by Farkam (4992 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man. Somewhat realistic tech and motives.

#17 Edited by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man, didn't you see the news yesterday http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26189565

#18 Posted by RDClip (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

Skill wise, Iron Man. Batman is just too good at everything to be real. Not only is he one of the smartest men alive he also mastered various types of science, criminal investigation, and EVERY single combat form known to humanity. And he did that all before he turned 30. Sure, Tony is a engineering genius, but he's not much without his suit.

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (15079 posts) - - Show Bio

If we take Batman just as a vigilante who dresses as a bat and we forgot that he has mastered 127 different martial arts and at the same time has a second life as the most famous man in Gotham - then yeah.But if we believe that Batman is all that then hell no - that ain't possible.

#20 Posted by StormShadow_X (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. His motive and skill set just make are just a little bit more real. The Possibility of learning different fighting styles is more possible then anything like Ironman. Yeah we have the TALOS but nothing we have seen or heard says it can do half of What the Ironman Armor can do and IMO it seems more like a bullet Proof Batman suit.

#21 Posted by G_leno (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man. Simply because he is a master at engineering and tech, if he can build an arc reactor in a cave then the suit is no problem. I remember watching the bonus features on the watchmen movie and they said the grapple gun that Rorshach uses would need a gas canister on a backpack to launch a hook up a building, so Batmans gadgets must all be the same kind of infeasibility, as well as the time needed to master all of what Bats has mastered.

#22 Posted by lightsout (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, but I don't think his gadgets are as "realistic" as people think. ex: His 'automated' grappling hooks both being as powerful-&-yet-small as they are is highly unrealistic. Batman doesn't talk about (/we're not given a lot of detail on panel) his gadgets & how they work, but just the fact that he has some pretty amazing features that are also not-cumbersome (because he's still got to be all ninja-like), is pretty unrealistic. (At least with Ironman, he's got this bulky suit - so it's feasible he has various gadgets inside the big suit).