Who needs his/her own movie before the Justice League Movie?

kingdomenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kingdomenic

Who do you think should have their own movie,if anyone, before the Justice League movie? I would guess the Flash. Even though his comic is awesome and Geoff Johns is making him a BA, I don't think the general population will be able to shake the current image of Aquaman that they have in mind. Wonder Woman would be good, but lady super movies don't generally do as well. Thoughts?

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Redberry

I don't see how a Flash movie would work out. He can run pretty fast, but how much actions can be put into it? Most superheroes movies required a lot of fighting, but it's hard to see an opponent exchanging blows with someone like the Flash, unless his opponent is someone like Zoom, and they slow down their fight. Aquaman's movie wouldn't work out either. Filming in an aquatic location is more expensive than on land, and movies took place in the sea don't often appeal to the masses. I just don't see them willing to take that risk. Cyborg is a possibility, but I don't think Hollywood would be willing to invest 100 mil dollars movie to a black superhero. It's possible but very unlikely. That would leave Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Martian Manhunter. Outside of comic fans, Martian Manhunter and Hawkman are not that well known, regardless of what anyone says. Green Arrow would work, but a superhero movie on a guy without any superpower is very unlikely. That would leave Wonder Woman. I feel like she's the most well-known female in DC. She's the only one in the trinity to not have her own movie in recent years, so I think and hope for a Wonder Woman movie.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By cyberninja

Martian Manhunter hands down. 

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Twentyfive

John Stewart!

Hardly any of DC's characters are interesting enough for a theatrical film. Why do you think we keep getting Batman, and Superman?

A John Stewart movie would be cool. He is the best guy for a GL movie anyway.

As a matter of fact, DC shouldn't go the rout Marvel did for that very reason. How the hell would a MMH movie turn out? He is a boring character. Aquaman is lame, no matter how good his comic is right now. And adapting Flash would be hard.

They should just Make a JL movie without building anything up with prior movies.

Characters that do deserve their own movie are:

Wonder Woman

Batwoman

John Stewart

Swamp Thing horror movie.

Outside of those characters, DC characters are lame for theaters. And this is coming from a fan of DC comics.

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sobe Cin

Aquaman!!!!!!!!!

Channing Tatum as Aquaman- Women will flock to the film

Villain needs to be Black Manta and should be played by Tyrese Gibson. Streamline the helmet.

Mera: Amber Heard

Follow the The Others Storyline that is currently being written. Screw all the atlantean stuff, have him grow up in the lighthouse with his dad.

Prisoner of War: Luke Evans

Ya'Wara: Someone sexy and beautiful. But needs to fierce

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sobe Cin

@Redberry: Batman doesn't have superpowers!

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Redberry

@Twentyfive said:

John Stewart!

Hardly any of DC's characters are interesting enough for a theatrical film. Why do you think we keep getting Batman, and Superman?

A John Stewart movie would be cool. He is the best guy for a GL movie anyway.

With the recent box office failure, I don't think they would touch the Green Lantern franchise for a while though. I could see a reboot 5 years down the line like The Hulk.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twentyfive

@Redberry: You wouldn't believe DC has been rumored to be working on a GL reboot. The rumor is as recent as two weeks ago.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Redberry

@Sobe Cin said:

@Redberry: Batman doesn't have superpowers!

Yeah, but he's the freaking Batman. :p

In all seriousness though, Batman is a household name, so he's more like an exception. I just don't see a Blockbuster movie on an archer-type character, maybe they can prove me wrong.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Redberry

@Twentyfive said:

@Redberry: You wouldn't believe DC has been rumored to be working on a GL reboot. The rumor is as recent as two weeks ago.

Could happen. It's not likely though. I have heard many rumors but most of them are not true. Unless there is a confirmation, I wouldn't put too much weight into it. Even if the people involved in the project wanted to, they still need financial backing from a studio. I don't know if WB owns the right to the GL franchise, but they usually don't continue an underperformed series that often. 20th Century Fox is more willing to take more risks. I could see them pick up the reboot. With so many superheroes movies to choose from, rather than a reboot, it's more likely that studios just choose some other superheroes to make movies out of.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Funrush

I would like in this order:

• Wonder Woman
  • Flash
  • Batman (Both Nolan's trilogy and Man of Steel are confirmed to not be in a Justice League movie's continuity.)
  • Superman
  • John Stewart (if possible? I mean, we just got Hal a year ago, But I'd much rather have Jon then Hal.)
  • Green Arrow (As long as non-comic books fans stop saying he is a copy of Hawkeye)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg (Although I'd prefer Martian Manhunter be a Leaguer and not him, he just feels really out of place)
  • Black Canary?
KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By KainScion

everybody except MM. hell be the reason for the jla movie like in the cartoons. that story would work awesomely as a movie.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think DC should do what Marvel did and try to have ever member shine in their own movie before they have them in the Justice League

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Jorgevy

maybe pull a Feige and go a la Avengers - We had Hulk, IronMan, IronMan 2, Thor and Captain.

They could do something like, Green Lantern, do a sequel for it and introduce either Flash or Wondie, which seem to be the harder ones to pull right now, and then do like they did with Hawkeye and Black Widow (seems to work with female characters) and expand on the JLA movie. Then go ahead with Man of Steel, an Aquaman movie and maybe a Batman reboot right before the JLA, and since everyone already knows the character, just set him apart from Nolan's and make it a ladder for the JLA movie and also to introduce MM or Cyborg (whichever goes into the team).

Then the JLA movie comes and you expand a lot on Flash and Wondie, give them their own movies right afterwards, and then bam. I think

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

-Reboot Superman 
-Reboot Batman 
-Sequel to Green Lantern 
-Flash 
-Wonder Woman 
-Aquaman..meh 

Have Martian Manhunter be the "Nick Fury" type character, not having his own movie, but being in all the others as a sort of connection character that brings the League together.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By the_tree

Timeline I'd prefer:

1. Man of Steel
  2. Flash
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Green Lantern (revamped sequel with Hal)
  5. Aquaman
  6. Batman (reboot)
  7. Justice League

Then for the Justice League movie, they can have a white martian invasion be the reason for the team forming, and that'll be the way they can get J'onn on the team without him getting a movie.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By majestic99

1. Blue Beetle

2. John Stewart(revamped sequeal)

3. Batman(reboot)

4. Superman(black)

5. Wonder Woman

6. Justice League

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jorgevy

@The_Tree said:

Timeline I'd prefer:

1. Man of Steel
  2. Flash
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Green Lantern (revamped sequel)
  5. Aquaman
  6. Batman (reboot)
  7. Justice League

Then for the Justice League movie, they can have a white martian invasion be the reason for the team forming, and that'll be the way they can get J'onn on the team without him getting a movie.

woooooo, I like that idea!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Flash and Wonder Woman.

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By krilling

The Question.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By sethysquare

shouldn't this be in dc forums? or Justice league forums?

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#23  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

FLASH, FLASH, FLASH!!!! I can't believe some don't think it is perfect for a film. with rouges like mirror master, zoom, captain cold, weather wizard, etc..... it is a CGI dream that would capture everyones' attention!!! Start w/ Barry (obviously) but feel it should tie Jay Garrick in and Wally as well, leaving the door open to future story lines.

grenade728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By grenade728

@The Stegman said:

-Reboot Superman -Reboot Batman -Sequel to Green Lantern -Flash -Wonder Woman -Aquaman..meh Have Martian Manhunter be the "Nick Fury" type character, not having his own movie, but being in all the others as a sort of connection character that brings the League together.

This. Alright let's make it happen DC!

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By yahweh

@The_Tree said:

This.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By yahweh

@majestic99 said:

1. Blue Beetle

2. John Stewart(revamped sequeal)

3. Batman(reboot)

4. Superman(black)

5. Wonder Woman

6. Justice League

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JonSmith

Reboot Superman (after Man of Steel, bring back Cavill if he's decent, if not, find someone else) or at least tie in the sequel as it's developed alongside the other movies. Have him fight Brainiac to begin tying into enemies from outer space. After Brainiac's defeat, have Supes gain a log of some sort that informs him Brainiac's visited another planet before Earth: Mars. Cut to credits.

I'm actually going to say that rebooting Batman isn't an absolute necessity. Gotham has always been the darkest, grittiest, city in the DC universe. It's villains, always the closest to real, since they're the most human. All the other guys are fighting aliens, people who have morphed into real monsters, mythological creatures, etc. Flash is the only other guy who fights normal people on a regular basis. And that's because when he's NOT fighting normal guys, he's fighting talking Gorillas. So if you just have Christian Bale as Batman come back, it really could work fine.

Flash COULD work. But it depends on how he's portrayed. If they just portray him as running at superspeed, fine. That COULD work. If you really want to make a decent movie, have him gaining his powers and then showing him noticing by people falling into slow motion around him. Have him deal with the fact he's suddenly living a lot faster than everyone around him. Bring in Gorilla Grodd. Get him out of the way. After his defeat, imply Grodd's reasons to attack Flash's city was because Grodd's was destroyed by some kind of green alien. Don't show alien, just silhouette. Credits.

Wonder Woman could be a tough sell, but have her get off the island as soon as possible and arrive first in Gotham. Have her attacked by thugs, she dispatches them, and have one sneak up behind her, only for said thug to vanish into the shadows before he can attack. Show silhouette of Batman, move on. Have her tracking some kind of criminal from Themyscira. Don't know a lot about her villains, so I can't say who. Have her movie be the one that REALLY ties them together. Track through Gotham, to Metropolis, say hi to Superman, to Keystone City, etc. Don't have any of the other heroes on screen for more than a moment. Don't even give them dialogue if possible.

Aquaman is another tough sell. Don't really know what you could do with him.

Green Lantern: Don't give Ryan Reynolds another shot. He's Deadpool, leave him alone. Bring in someone else to play Hal Jordan in a reboot, or move onto any other Earth Lantern EXCEPT Guy Gardner. Hate that guy. Have it placed more in space, and have a part of the movie where he's sent to investigate a problem on Mars, only to find a completely destroyed city in the middle of a crater. Have him locate some residue and imply that it's from a teleportation.

Finally, bring in the Justice League. Have Martian Manhunter make his debut, explain that Gorilla Grodd's city was destroyed by his teleportation tech, which was damaged in Brainiac's attack. Have Brainiac come back, stronger than ever, from upgrades, along with a horde of robots. Cue the explosions. Credits.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By sinestro_GL

Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman.

In that order.

AKA_TERMINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AKA_TERMINATOR

Wonder Woman

Supergirl

Deadpool

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Blood1991

@sinestro_GL said:

Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman.

In that order.

Agreed

Wonder Woman- DC should not just play her as the token female she is better than that.

Flash- He's the freakin Flash even if all he did was run fast and punch people I would watch it.

Aquaman- I want DC to nail it and prove he does more than talk to fish.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Redberry said:

I don't see how a Flash movie would work out. He can run pretty fast, but how much actions can be put into it? Most superheroes movies required a lot of fighting, but it's hard to see an opponent exchanging blows with someone like the Flash, unless his opponent is someone like Zoom, and they slow down their fight. Aquaman's movie wouldn't work out either. Filming in an aquatic location is more expensive than on land, and movies took place in the sea don't often appeal to the masses. I just don't see them willing to take that risk. Cyborg is a possibility, but I don't think Hollywood would be willing to invest 100 mil dollars movie to a black superhero. It's possible but very unlikely. That would leave Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Martian Manhunter. Outside of comic fans, Martian Manhunter and Hawkman are not that well known, regardless of what anyone says. Green Arrow would work, but a superhero movie on a guy without any superpower is very unlikely. That would leave Wonder Woman. I feel like she's the most well-known female in DC. She's the only one in the trinity to not have her own movie in recent years, so I think and hope for a Wonder Woman movie.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Skyfire

Wonder Woman needs a movie pretty badly. Although she is an iconic character, the general public knows remarkably little about her. People will no doubt have heard of Wonder Women, and many would be able to pick out a picture of her, but mention Amazons or the Olympian gods and you are met with blank stares. I mentioned the she is in Superman's league of strength and speed to a non-comic reading friend, and he didn't believe me.

She needs a movie so people can be educated on Wonder Women. It's sad such a classic character is so obscure.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gambit1024

That NEED a movie:

1. Flash. If possible, give him two like Iron Man got.
  2. Wonder Woman. It's been on ice for way too long.
  3. Green Lantern. It doesn't necessarily have to be a reboot, but if they're doing a continuation from the last movie, introduce a new Earth-based GL (John Stewert or Kyle Rayner, specifically). A) to introduce more variety, and B) to have one used on the GLC and the other on the JLA.

That wouldn't hurt to have one:

1. Superman. We all know who he is, so an introduction wouldn't be entirely necessary. He can easily be mentioned/have cameos in the other spin-offs.
  2. Batman. We all know who he is, and would be an awesome "surprise" in the JLA film.
  3. Aquaman. He can easily be introduced in the JLA film itself. A spin-off with him to start out with would be a tad risky, so it's best that they test the waters with him in the JLA (pun totally intended).
  4. Martian Manhunter. Again, he can be easily introduced in the JLA film so long as the threat is alien in origin (Bruce Timm's JL anyone?). I'd love to see him in a solo-film, but I doubt that he'd ever get one, unfortunately. If JLA's the only shot of him to be in the movies, they need to abuse the hell out of that.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Gambit1024 said:

That NEED a movie:

3. Green Lantern. It doesn't necessarily have to be a reboot, but if they're doing a continuation from the last movie, introduce a new Earth-based GL (John Stewert or Kyle Rayner, specifically). A) to introduce more variety, and B) to have one used on the GLC and the other on the JLA.

1. Superman. We all know who he is, so an introduction wouldn't be entirely necessary. He can easily be mentioned/have cameos in the other spin-offs.
  2. Batman. We all know who he is, and would be an awesome "surprise" in the JLA film.
  3. Aquaman. He can easily be introduced in the JLA film itself. A spin-off with him to start out with would be a tad risky, so it's best that they test the waters with him in the JLA (pun totally intended).
  4. Martian Manhunter. Again, he can be easily introduced in the JLA film so long as the threat is alien in origin (Bruce Timm's JL anyone?). I'd love to see him in a solo-film, but I doubt that he'd ever get one, unfortunately. If JLA's the only shot of him to be in the movies, they need to abuse the hell out of that.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jorgevy

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Gambit1024 said:

That NEED a movie:

this could totally work. And I would love to see Kyle in live action GL

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gambit1024

@Jorgevy: He's really the only one I wanna see, lol. His constructs would be amazing.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

In order of release date:

Wonder Woman

Flash

Aquaman

Introduce Martian Manhunter in the JL movie.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jorgevy

@Gambit1024: yeah, the guy is an artist!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gambit1024
Savage_Hawkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Savage_Hawkman

Flash

Wonder Woman

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Really, just Flash & Wonder Woman. If they get those 2 and add that to Green Lantern, Batman & Superman, they can do a JL Movie.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By terry2012

@haydenclaireheroes: This I agree.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Loki9876

Man of steel (for superman)

a batman reboot he should be the last to get his movie to ajust to the change

Wonder woman

Flash

Green lantern reboot

Aquaman

Martian manhunter can be introduced trough an after the credits scene of man of steel 5imagine you see something plumbeling to earth a lot like a comet. Then you see a green unconciousface the camera zooms out and you see MM lying in the giant crater.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Madame_Mist

Wonder Woman.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#45  Edited By Teerack

Aqua Man because Martian man hunter's origin should just tie into the justice league's plot.

Flash would be a great movie to.

Don't care if they make a wonder woman movie, but they probably will.