Who needs a new arch-enemy/foil?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What comic book character do you think needs a new arch-foe or a new foil? Why do you think they need said new person in their life, and who do you think it should be?

One character that comes to mind when I think about this is Hawkman. I think, with post-Flashpoint era giving him a bit more attention, it's time to introduce some new opponents for Hall to face. One guy that I think would be prime to go against Hawkman is Catman.

Not just to play on the old motif of cats. vs. birds, but I also think they could play well off each other personally. Catman is kind of an anti-hero. Similar to Deathstroke in a manner, almost. I think to have Hawkman doing his thing around town, and coming against someone as skilled and resourceful (at least, that's how I'd paint him,) as Catman would make for an interesting dynamic between the two. Especially with Carter being an off-worlder. It would be somewhat similar to the ideas of Superman and Batman, but I like to think these two can offer a little more lightheartedness given their characters.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Nightcrawler doesn't have many he can call his arch(maybe his dad), and he has a solo

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing desperately needs a nemesis.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

Ms. Marvel has been amazing so far and I'm really curious to see who her nemesis will be, but I'm not so sure she will even get one since almost none of the solo books Marvel puts out have arch nemesis'(Moon Knight, Punisher, Iron Fist, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, Elektra, Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Black Widow, Nova, etc.)

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Black Widow

Gambit

Polaris

Rachel Grey

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ScouterV

@mrnoital: I would have thought maybe Blackheart or even Mephisto could be his arch? Though they are possibly far out of his league, and not knowing too much of what's been happening, I don't know if he has much history with them at the moment.

@_mongul said:

I've heard some people suggest William Cobb could be his Arch or even/alongside Owlman, given the fact that he seemed more than anything to want Grayson to join him, since he lost his Grayson back on Earth-3.

@teerack said:

Ms. Marvel has been amazing so far and I'm really curious to see who her nemesis will be, but I'm not so sure she will even get one since almost none of the solo books Marvel puts out have arch nemesis'(Moon Knight, Punisher, Iron Fist, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, Elektra, Ghost Rider, She-Hulk, Black Widow, Nova, etc.)

I could be wrong here, but most of the people you named are members of the Secret Avengers, right? Does that mean Hydra or some other similar team could be their foes? Though I could have sworn Ghost Rider had an Arch in Mephisto, and Punisher against The Kingpin, among other crime bosses.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@scouterv: since he came back to life I think he technically doesn't have a soul, but he isn't allowed back into the afterlife

not much has happened that would make a good arch, his step mom seems to be an evil witch working for his dad

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hawkman vs Catman is not good idea imo. Hawkman villains should be Dinousaur, Dragons, or Super Power Aliens Gods. Hawkman can heal and revive back. So what Catman can do to beat him ? Also Hawkman have wings to fly while Catman stay on the ground...I'm not Hawkman fans. I have talk about Hawkman have great costume design but for me he doesn't have something to make me care for him (due to his personality and his complicated origins) unless you make him fight Giants, Monsters, Dragons, Monsters, Aliens etc

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9  Edited By Teerack

@scouterv: I was naming characters with solo books, and the only ones on the secret avengers right now that i mentioned are Hawkeye and Black Widow, so no.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Hence why I also gave the idea of them working together occasionally, and I think given the quasi-supernatural story of Catman, a New 52 revamp could easily put him at or at least near Hawkman level believably, and I don't think Hawkman has that complicated a backstory as some people think.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Scott Lang